What does your team return?

Silsbee returns 7 off state finalist team. 2 starters  (Jones who was Newcomer of Year and Rice who was 1st all district). 5 reserves (Boulwen 2nd team all district, Gaines 2nd team,  Shoulders honorable mention, Johnson and Walker).

Silsbee JV was district champs.

Next year's starting five:

Jones

Rice

Boulwen

Johnson

Shoulders

I predict another district championship for Silsbee and their 11th straight trip to regional tourney

17 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee returns 7 off state finalist team. 2 starters  (Jones who was Newcomer of Year and Rice who was 1st all district). 5 reserves (Boulwen 2nd team all district, Gaines 2nd team,  Shoulders honorable mention, Johnson and Walker).

Silsbee JV was district champs.

Next year's starting five:

Jones

Rice

Boulwen

Johnson

Shoulders

I predict another district championship for Silsbee and their 11th straight trip to regional tourney

Besides Rice, will they have any size?

On 3/14/2024 at 9:41 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Boulwen is '6"4, Walker is '6"5. Johnson playing the wing is '6"2 and will be the most athletic player on the floor in most games.

Boulwen needs to play football. He'd be a good size TE and DE.

BU got Playoff Cinco Ashton Green, Malachi Anderson starters coming back.. and some very promising prospects in the 11th /10th plus incoming freshman. They should be pushing for a regional spot if everyone puts in the time during the off season 

Boulwen is '6"4, Walker is '6"5. Johnson playing the wing is '6"2 and will be the most athletic player on the floor in most games.

Rice is the post, correct? He was very impressive at the tournament. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting to respond to this.. I get to see most of these players up close more than most people. Boulwen is pretty closed to 6'4". Walker is probably in the 6'1" tp 6'2" range. Johnson may actually be bigger than 6'2" He has grown an incredible amount since football season. I would not be at all surprised if he was 6'4" or more by next year. On top of that he just finished third in the district 200 and ran legs on the 4x100 and 4x200 that placed third. I feel he probably will be able to take Miller's place on the court and may well be the best athlete on the floor. I would love to think that Troy might grow another inch or two before next year. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 10:43 PM, scoopno1 said:

I've been wanting to respond to this.. I get to see most of these players up close more than most people. Boulwen is pretty closed to 6'4". Walker is probably in the 6'1" tp 6'2" range. Johnson may actually be bigger than 6'2" He has grown an incredible amount since football season. I would not be at all surprised if he was 6'4" or more by next year. On top of that he just finished third in the district 200 and ran legs on the 4x100 and 4x200 that placed third. I feel he probably will be able to take Miller's place on the court and may well be the best athlete on the floor. I would love to think that Troy might grow another inch or two before next year. 

Best player on the court will be Payton Jones..! 🫠