NON-DISTRICT OPPONENT 2024-25 THREAD/Post here

They won the state championship. I believe I said it is my belief that you will be better prepared for your district opponents when you schedule better non district. Why? Because you have already faced better teams

Simply my belief on how you have a good chance of being better prepared once you start district play

On 2/3/2024 at 8:54 PM, lionpride08 said:

So far Franklin has dropped Jasper, Woodville, Mexia, and Diboll from last years non district. They have added Lorena, China Spring, and Gunter so far

Thats awesome. This is why Franklin wins so much and wins State. The SETX 3A's want to play Bmt. Kelly and teams like that.  

2 hours ago, spidersal said:

They won the state championship. I believe I said it is my belief that you will be better prepared for your district opponents when you schedule better non district. Why? Because you have already faced better teams

Simply my belief on how you have a good chance of being better prepared once you start district play

Got. It is your “unsubstantiated and disproven” belief as illustrated with PNG.

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

Thats awesome. This is why Franklin wins so much and wins State. The SETX 3A's want to play Bmt. Kelly and teams like that.  

I feel relatively certain that Franklin had two SETX 3As on the schedule for the last two years. How many of them should play Franklin each year?

15 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Kelly plays these team so they can wipe out their opponents come district and playoffs. They are building more trophy cases. D1 colleges are camped at their door.

I kinda feel like the whole scheduling argument is mute… can it possibly help prepare you for facing more difficult teams in district and the playoffs? It couldn’t hurt… but at the end of the day if you got the team to win then you got the team to win… Not one team Bellville played in non district made the playoffs last year for the record. Franklin isn’t winning state championships or having success due to scheduling…. It’s because they just have the talent and coaching and are just good lol 

On 2/10/2024 at 5:47 PM, Separation Scientist said:

Well, what interesting, and people can correct me if I'm wrong, during Neumann's time Nederland did play Kelly.  I think it was at Lamar?!

14 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

A lot of factors go into scheduling but as indicated by the previous schedule, they are “not afraid to schedule Franklin”. I suspect logistics is the greatest factor. 

No one said anything about anyone being scared. Sometimes its like you try to create an argument. Are you saying travel is the biggest reason? If you wanna be the best you have to play the best period. I'm willing to bet that when our schedule comes out we play top teams and we will have to travel for one or two games a good ways away. Funny you say no one is afraid to play Franklin but we still can't find a team to play us week 2.

18 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

I kinda feel like the whole scheduling argument is mute… can it possibly help prepare you for facing more difficult teams in district and the playoffs? It couldn’t hurt… but at the end of the day if you got the team to win then you got the team to win… Not one team Bellville played in non district made the playoffs last year for the record. Franklin isn’t winning state championships or having success due to scheduling…. It’s because they just have the talent and coaching and are just good lol 

While I agree with part of the statement. Iron sharpens Iron and I would much rather play a tough team and face adversity a couple times in the season before waiting till the playoffs to do so. Mart plays a tough non district year after year and make deep runs year after year. Look at the top teams and you will see a tough non district 90% of the time.

On 2/10/2024 at 7:35 PM, 89Falcon said:

I feel relatively certain that Franklin had two SETX 3As on the schedule for the last two years. How many of them should play Franklin each year?

I don't think Franklin should play any SETX 3A's. Why would they? There is no benefit to Franklin if they do. Franklin is set up very well with Lorena, CS and Gunter.

What I was saying is SETX 3A's needs that kind of scheduling up if they ever want to compete. Playing Kelly, HJ, Shepherd, etc. every year pads their records but ultimately hurts their programs.     

47 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I don't think Franklin should play any SETX 3A's. Why would they? There is no benefit to Franklin if they do. Franklin is set up very well with Lorena, CS and Gunter.

What I was saying is SETX 3A's needs that kind of scheduling up if they ever want to compete. Playing Kelly, HJ, Shepherd, etc. every year pads their records but ultimately hurts their programs.     

Yep, Diboll and Woodville have done exactly that.