**OFFICIAL 2024-26 REALIGNMENT THREAD**/Post updates, comments here

19 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

The UIL needs to shuffle numbers, bump 5A bottom numbers up, play local 5A and split come playoff time like 6A does. These 5A districts are getting ridiculous.

AGREED…would definitely be nice if they’d go back to that cause this TOTAL shuffling of the Districts every 2 years is MADNESS!!  Even after they started splitting division I and II in District, it was still relatively grouped by location/travel distance but not anymore!!  I don’t wanna be “that person” but it’s getting REAL hard not to think there’s a lot of fishy manipulation and politics going on!! 

11 hours ago, spidersal said:

What needs to happen imo is for 6A to have 2 divisions like 1A through 5A and also add a 7A and get the district numbers to where there isn’t such a large difference in enrollment numbers and try to have no more than 6 teams in a district 

on paper the balance looks good but logistically I feel like this COULD greatly increase travel times and cost.

• 2 weeks later...

7A is not the cure all some people seem to think. I saw a mock realignment on some board for 7A and it was a joke, although I'm sure the author did the best he could. What I saw was some districts would have 9-10 members, others might just have 4 and awful travel. It's the same reason, 6A won't agree to pre split. The UIL opened a can of worms when they bought this up without doing an analysis including a mock realignment. You could say it's unfair to some scjools to play bigger schools, but you could also say it;s unfair for a 4 team district to send everybody to the playoffs while you are in a 10 team district that less than half qualify. The UIL said last summer that they would consider 7A when another 100 schools were added to the approximately 500 schools now in 5A and 6A without changing the bottom of 5A much. This could take decades.

On 2/1/2024 at 9:29 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

These will be the districts that we will cover here at SETXsports:

23-6A (Goose Creek Memorial, Channelview, North Shore, Humble, Atascocita, Summer Creek, Kingwood, CE King)

9-5A DI (Baytown Sterling, Beaumont United, Beaumont West Brook, Galveston Ball, Barbers Hill, Lufkin, PA Memorial)

11-5A DI (Crosby, FB Kempner, Friendswood, Spring Woods, Kingwood Park, La Porte, Porter, Pasadena)

8-5A DII (Dayton, Huntsville, Montgomery, Lake Creek, Nederland, West Fork, Port Neches-Groves, Splendora)

10-4A DI (Bridge City, Hardin-Jefferson, Huffman, Liberty, Livingston, Lumberton, LC-M, Vidor)

9-4A DII (Tarkington, Hamshire-Fannett, Jasper, Shepherd, Silsbee, WO-S)

9-3A DI (Crockett, Diboll, Fairfield, Huntington, Palestine Westwood, Teague)

10-3A DI (Anahuac, Buna, Coldspring, East Chambers, Hardin, Kirbyville, Orangefield)

12-3A DII ( Anderson-Shiro, Kountze, New Waverly, Newton, Trinity, Warren, Woodville)

11-2A DI (Garrison, Hemphill, Joaquin, San Augustine, Shelbyville, Timpson)

12-2A DII (Colmesneil, Deweyville, Evadale, Sabine Pass, West Hardin, West Sabine, Hull-Daisetta)

12-1A DI (Apple Springs, Burkeville, Chester, High Island)

If I have missed a district that we should cover here, please let me know.

Mike, what district is Angleton in now ?  I missed the announcement on if they won their appeal ?