**OFFICIAL 2024-26 REALIGNMENT THREAD**/Post updates, comments here

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I wonder if the schools in the district will appeal. They do have a window to appeal to UIL.

I agree, this seems egregious. 

Anybody know the rationale behind this? I know it's HIGH school football, but this is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

hopefully every school involved will

if not appeal then straight up protest! 

Think about the other extracurricular events that are not just on Fridays.

West Texas I understand to a degree because of the vast location and size of schools but this half of state should never ever have such

5 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

if not appeal then straight up protest! 

Think about the other extracurricular events that are not just on Fridays.

West Texas I understand to a degree because of the vast location and size of schools but this half of state should never ever have such

This district is just for football. 

All other sports and activities are in a more manageable district. 

1 hour ago, Coach_Izzy said:

If WB & BU can’t have success in this district it may be no hope for them. No reason both teams shouldn’t make the playoffs 

Who are they going to beat to get in the playoffs?

Angleton , BH , PAM , and GBALL are my picks for playoff teams.  Not sure what order yet.

21 minutes ago, oldman said:

Who are they going to beat to get in the playoffs?

Angleton , BH , PAM , and GBALL are my picks for playoff teams.  Not sure what order yet.

I think you can throw WB in the mix as well. I know their 6A record was horrendous, but they should more competitive at this level. BH has the edge on coaching that makes me feel better, but I do think it will be a competitive district, plus you only play 6 district games. Curious to see how it plays out.

12 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I think you can throw WB in the mix as well. I know their 6A record was horrendous, but they should more competitive at this level. BH has the edge on coaching that makes me feel better, but I do think it will be a competitive district, plus you only play 6 district games. Curious to see how it plays out.

IDK about edge in coaching after 3 huge blown leads last year? 

Losing that SR class is gonna hurt too. Who is the QB? LBs ? 

42 minutes ago, kenny powers said:

I think you are spot on with than analysis, Kenny. Coaching (so far) seems good enough to perhaps win the district and win one playoff game. BH should have been in 4th round the way it all sorted out last season. They choked and lost after blowing Richland out of the stadium during the first half of the 2nd round. Inexcusable. I have been 100% solidly supportive but its really time to shine now. Adding to the challenge is losing the big Senior class. lots of work to do and holes to fill. Lets go BH! Can't let up! Lets step up and do it!   

2 hours ago, kenny powers said:

I give BH coaching the edge in this district every day of the week. Out O-line will be a strong point by returning all, but one from this year. We have a very good RB returning, but you’re right at QB. The front runner is probably a kid that will run over most defenses in this district. He has a year to work on his passing skills. He’s a load to take down. We will hurt on D side, but I don’t know who BH can plug in the LB position. Overall, BH will be in the mix. 

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

I think you are spot on with than analysis, Kenny. Coaching (so far) seems good enough to perhaps win the district and win one playoff game. BH should have been in 4th round the way it all sorted out last season. They choked and lost after blowing Richland out of the stadium during the first half of the 2nd round. Inexcusable. I have been 100% solidly supportive but its really time to shine now. Adding to the challenge is losing the big Senior class. lots of work to do and holes to fill. Lets go BH! Can't let up! Lets step up and do it!   

I definitely support Abseck and his staff and how they coach, consistently!  I did NOT like the 2 "give aways" last year, but it does happen, unfortunately! I hope they have learned that lesson! I sort of think this district is not gonna be a cakewalk for any team, actually - any given Friday. The loss of Crosby from our district schedule is just like the loss of Dayton a few years ago. Now we get big bad WB and Angleton and the normally always tough Ball to add to PA's athletic team. Gonna be fun and ready to start this new chapter!!

2 hours ago, Eagle82 said:

I definitely support Abseck and his staff and how they coach, consistently!  I did NOT like the 2 "give aways" last year, but it does happen, unfortunately! I hope they have learned that lesson! I sort of think this district is not gonna be a cakewalk for any team, actually - any given Friday. The loss of Crosby from our district schedule is just like the loss of Dayton a few years ago. Now we get big bad WB and Angleton and the normally always tough Ball to add to PA's athletic team. Gonna be fun and ready to start this new chapter!!

I think his X's and O's are top notch. Full confidence in that! Believe it or not though, I told the wife at halftime I was concerned the team would let Richland back in based on the the body language of team and staff. I silently wanted to scream "WAKE UP ITS NOT OVER" at all of them, especially after the two district giveaways. I even said right here "they HAVE to play to 00:00" before the game.

Oh well, thats gone but I hope a lesson really was learned this time. I look forward with full optimism to the new district. If we learn not to relax and play til 00:00 in each and every game, and some holes get filled, the Eagles can make some noise. There will be some interesting games next two years, and travel is very managable. BISD on I-10 is easy. Let's roll!   

Just now, OlDawg said:

Should be some interesting games. Haven’t heard where La Porte will play this year yet. The new construction is coming along. But, the stadium won’t be ready until the 2025 season—my understanding.

Playoffs vs us. We need to sit for a game sir. 😎