**OFFICIAL 2024-26 REALIGNMENT THREAD**/Post updates, comments here

35 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’ve got a buddy that coaches in Danbury and their DISTRICT is Sabine Pass, West Hardin, Deweyville, Evadale, and Big Sandy… for all non-football sports. Softball team gonna be well-traveled, lol. 

Not 100% true for baseball/softball. There is not a separate 1A conference for baseball. So 1A schools are mixed in with 2A schools in district for baseball and softball. They split them at the end of the year and top 2 1A schools and top 4 2A schools from each district make the playoffs. Baseball and softball alignments typically come out some time in March.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

5a d1 District 9
Angleton
Baytown Sterling
Beaumont United
Beaumont West Brook
Galveston Ball
Mt Belvieu Barbers
Hill
Port Arthur Memorial

I like it , but this is a weaker district. Angleton is a good add and the Beaumont schools should add some flavor. It going to be weird with out Crosby though. I was hoping to continue the beatings 😂. Also it looks like a 1st round bye since we will be playing HISD schools in Round  1 . Top 4 in no particular order BH, PA, Angleton and WestBrook

Just now, BHFAN said:

I like it , but this is a weaker district. Angleton is a good add and the Beaumont schools should add some flavor. It going to be weird with out Crosby though. I was hoping to continue the beatings 😂. Also it looks like a 1st round bye since we will be playing HISD schools in Round  1 . Top 4 in no particular order BH, PA, Angleton and WestBrook

Port Arthur Memorial then everyone else. And WB 🤣 ok. Funny

6 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

I guess the Liberty Hill folks got tired of getting beat by PN-g and had some connections.

Just think at least if y'all play SOC it will not be in Dallas

And it does seem like things ended up good for Liberty Hill. I don’t know if the UIL was trying to treat them well,  but they get to stay in the district closest to them (almost no travel) even though it makes their district have 9 teams, leaving a neighboring district (that isn’t very far) with only 6. And, to top it off, nearly all of LH’s recent competition in region 3 (all of the regional semifinalists except for Richmond Randle) got moved to the other side of the bracket when they moved over. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Port Arthur Memorial then everyone else. And WB 🤣 ok. Funny

Ok . Remove Westbrook and add Galveston Ball 😎 Beaumont has to be Pumped though to be in this district.  For BH  I just hate to be in a weak district then a weak round 1 match the get clobbered in round 2! Basketball should be crazy , but outside of that it’s downhill 

Just now, AshlyHasBeen said:

District 10 (Waco/Killeen) is Region 3. And District 8 (PNG/NED, etc) go Region 2. How does that make sense? 

It doesn’t. Waco is so much closer to Dallas than the District 8 teams, and isn’t nearly as close to Houston as the district 8 teams. The entire concept of “regions” demands at least some geographic logic.