**OFFICIAL 2024-26 REALIGNMENT THREAD**/Post updates, comments here

8 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

Should be some interesting games. Haven’t heard where La Porte will play this year yet. The new construction is coming along. But, the stadium won’t be ready until the 2025 season—my understanding.

Y’all are banned from BH 😩

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Playoffs vs us. We need to sit for a game sir. 😎

Nothing like jumping the gun! HA

I do expect both teams to have a good year. But, stranger things have happened. Don’t mind sitting at a possible match-up if it happens though. Haven’t heard all of LP’s preseason yet. Been looking. Haven’t found. Just PNG posters.

Galena Park moved to 5AD1 ?! 

Where is Austin LBJ?  (Is that them in 4AD1, listed as Austin Johnson?) 

Will Santa Fe make the playoffs next season?  (FBM - Randle - Texas City - ?) 

No more LH vs PNG semi-finals. 

1 hour ago, 1970 said:

Galena Park moved to 5AD1 ?! 

Where is Austin LBJ?  (Is that them in 4AD1, listed as Austin Johnson?) 

Will Santa Fe make the playoffs next season?  (FBM - Randle - Texas City - ?) 

No more LH vs PNG semi-finals. 

Yes.  LBJ is 4A D1.  No, Santa Fe will continue to be sorry.  Yes, GP high moved up

14 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

If I'm reading things correctly, the Cypress Fairbanks schools are split in different regions.  If so, how common is that?  They are in District 16 and 17.  

I was just talking to my wife about that.

Not sure they have ever been split like that, Pretty much all other  multiple school ISD's are in the same district if they are in the same classification and division.

17 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

If I'm reading things correctly, the Cypress Fairbanks schools are split in different regions.  If so, how common is that?  They are in District 16 and 17.  

Cf isd has 12 6a schools so uil has no choice but to split them into 2 districts and to top that 16 6a is In region 2 17 6a is in region 3 so it's a possibility that 2 cf isd school could meet at at&t and play for a state championship!!

1 minute ago, lcm93 said:

Cf isd has 12 6a schools so uil has no choice but to split them into 2 districts and to top that 16 6a is In region 2 17 6a is in region 3 so it's a possibility that 2 cf isd school could meet at at&t and play for a state championship!!

Chaos!

9 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

I was thinking that very thing about the state championship possibility. The splitting of a school district in to separate athletic districts is quite common, but not sure I have ever seen separate regions. 

Nightmare scenario for UIL, highly improbable though....2 fairly new 6A schools with no alumni base to speak of meeting in Arlington with both having quite a distance to travel. This scenario keeps happening and the nightmare could become a reality. 

6 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

I did not realize that Langham Creek, Jersey Village and Bridgeland were Cy-Fair ISD schools.

UIL had no choice but to split. But not sure why it had to be in different regions.

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I did not realize that Langham Creek, Jersey Village and Bridgeland were Cy-Fair ISD schools.

UIL had no choice but to split. But not sure why it had to be in different regions.

Pretty sure they have been split the past 2 alignments.  For sure they were on the last alignment.

8 minutes ago, oldman said:

Pretty sure they have been split the past 2 alignments.  For sure they were on the last alignment.

They sure were, didnt realize that.   Out on the northwest side of the region..as much as people love to hammer the UIL...not sure how they could have avoided it.  What district do you move without making that district travel through Cy Fair to their region? 

14 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

Santa Fe will continue to be sorry.  

Fair enough comment, but the question was "will they make the playoffs".   The 4th spot in that new district could be up for grabs, more so than last year's district with PNG, FBM, Texas City and Nederland in the mix, as well as Dayton although Dayton ended up being a let-down somewhat. 

1 hour ago, 1970 said:

Fair enough comment, but the question was "will they make the playoffs".   The 4th spot in that new district could be up for grabs, more so than last year's district with PNG, FBM, Texas City and Nederland in the mix, as well as Dayton although Dayton ended up being a let-down somewhat. 

I stand on my previous statement concering SF.  Marshall, Iowa Colony and Randle will fight for the top three spots and I don't see SF beating Lee nor TC or the other Richmond schools #dfl

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

JV and Creek are the OG's of Cy-Fair ISD lol.  A suburban explosion ensued at the compleation of beltway 8 and 290 expansion since 2000