Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns

• 2 months later...
On 2/5/2024 at 5:58 PM, Rez Ipsa said:

Seems to me Nederland and PNG might be running very similar offenses now. MCM is about to be a bullfight - power runs and disciplined defense. Going to be mirrors of each other. 

Its not the offense,but the kids you have running it. As enrollment drops so does performance( in most cases, there are a few exceptions). PNG has 219 more kids in high school then Nederland.. you cannot put Joseph at Nederland and win district must less win state. Nederland will be better because they have a lot of returning starters but they will struggle to make the playoffs.    
By the end of the year the Nederland coach bashing club will be howling again. 
Nederland coach was told last year by adm. that his job was secure if he made the playoffs.   
They lied   
get ready for another donkey stomping by PNG next year. Also Ft Bend Marshall, lake creek,etc.. 

16 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Its not the offense,but the kids you have running it. As enrollment drops so does performance( in most cases, there are a few exceptions). PNG has 219 more kids in high school then Nederland.. you cannot put Joseph at Nederland and win district must less win state. Nederland will be better because they have a lot of returning starters but they will struggle to make the playoffs.    
Nederland coach was told last year by adm. that his job was secure if he made the playoffs.   
They lied   
get ready for another donkey stomping by PNG next year. Also Ft Bend Marshall, lake creek,etc.. 

Is Nederland playing Marshall in their pre district schedule?

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

They lied   

1)  Let me rephrase this:  It's not the offense, but the coach whose running it.

2)  Why did you just insult Joseph?  

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

1)  Let me rephrase this:  It's not the offense, but the coach whose running it.

2)  Why did you just insult Joseph?  

I did not insult him. I love him as a coach but he has to have the kids to win. Some people on this site think that an elite coach can win anywhere. That is just not true.   
png won state because they had the players and had an exceptional good coach.

5 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

I did not insult him. I love him as a coach but he has to have the kids to win. Some people on this site think that an elite coach can win anywhere. That is just not true.   
png won state because they had the players and had an exceptional good coach.

Png also has 219 more kids in high school then nederland.

3 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Png also has 219 more kids in high school then nederland.

And Nederland has beat teams from bigger schools plenty in the past, including PNG.  :) .  What was the excuse all those years Neumann sent them home packing?  They had a bigger enrollment then.   I wouldn't count on school size dictating the size of the fight in the Dog.  😈

I don't think anyone here would argue that the injuns have had better personal the last couple years. And better Coaching without  question. The biggest separation was in the trenches., and not so much skill wise imo.... Talent is cyclical, it comes and goes. If Neds new staff lives up to expectations, I see no issue of much more competitive matchups in the future. It's all cyclical ,coaching and talent.....Lets give it some time and see...200 more kids is a plus but by no means the tell all year by year.

8 hours ago, Bigdog said:

And Nederland has beat teams from bigger schools plenty in the past, including PNG.  :) .  What was the excuse all those years Neumann sent them home packing?  They had a bigger enrollment then.   I wouldn't count on school size dictating the size of the fight in the Dog.  😈

Nederland has had more or as many as PNG for several years at a time prior to the current swing. I don’t know about every year. We were practically equal in the 2017 count, but I could be remembering it wrong. It’s only recently PNG has trended up enrollment-wise. 

On 4/9/2024 at 8:17 AM, purpleeagle said:

They lied   

Png athletes are average and coaching carries them. Joseph would win anywhere he goes but png wouldn't win with just any coach

10 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Png athletes are average and coaching carries them. Joseph would win anywhere he goes but png wouldn't win with just any coach

True!  The previous coach, with the same type athletes, for 12 years could NOT get to the big dance.  New coach comes in and makes 2 State appearances and wins one.  AGAIN -- with the same type athletes.  At Nederland, the last coach took Ned to the toilet with the same type athletes Neumann had.  It all starts with the coaching!

1 hour ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

PNG athletes (at this time) are still better, and more importantly, bigger, than what Nederland has.  Joseph made a difference there, but he came into a loaded program as well that pretty much everyone expected to show a lot of improvement.  He would not go to Nederland and turn them into state contenders in a year or two like he was able to do at PNG, although they would without a doubt improve.