Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns

On 1/17/2024 at 10:36 PM, NHSBulldogs2 said:

What’s up with this kids who can’t speak English statement, YOU KEEP ending your last two posts with this statement.  Ever tried learning their language.  Maybe you should you wouldn’t be upset about it.  No one is asking for a miracle overnight, as for skill positions running track, why, that coach needs to go to if you ask me, he will not let them participate in individual events.  I can go on but, anyway, let’s wait to see what changes will happen!! Oh and camp fun needs some changes too, but that will come with new staff I guarantee that will definitely change.

Sorry, I 've been on a hiatus but I'm back for the slander! All I'm saying is there has been an influx of Mexican kids who has moved in and they bring nothing to the table football wise and hardly athletic wise. You make it seem as I'm Donald Trump petitioning to "Build That Wall" haha.  If anything, they may play soccer, but look at the soccer program!! Nederland was ALWAYS good in soccer now they are at the bottom of the barrel, who would've ever have thought Nederland Football, Soccer, and Baseball would all be mediocre or below average. Times have changed for the worst and it has more to do than coaches, it comes down to athletes and talent! Boys Basketball is the only Boys sport being competitive! And what do you mean the Track Coach won't let the kids participate in individual events!? Track is mainly an individual sport?!

6 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

The odds are against Nederland ever winning state. J J could not take that team and even win district. That is a tough district to play in. It takes more than a good coach to win. Monte went to school in Nederland, was QB for Nederland, went to college and was hired by Nederland, was offense coordinator, then head coach. He poured his heart out for Nederland and he deserved better treatment than he got on this site by several people. Monte is a good Christian and you do not hear the garbage coming out of his mouth.  
coming from a PN- G  grad.  Thanks Monte for all you have done for the sport.   

You think this (in bold) is a good thing?  Didn't appear to turn out that way.

On 1/25/2024 at 12:38 PM, PhatMack19 said:

This is what people mean when they say culture change.  Maybe Todd Dodge can help out Nederland boys track program. Or at least get the kids to show up and get organized work outs in…..

WOOOOOW 120 for Track!!! Thats more than 6A schools, sounds like the AD at PNG knows in order to compete against schools like SOC your kids need to be fast!!

On 1/28/2024 at 8:36 AM, PhatMack19 said:

I went to a Little Dribblers game yesterday.  This is the crap the kids are playing on.  Little Dribblers raised money to replace this junk with adjustable goals in all the middle school gyms that they use.  Nederland admin told them no.  Someone else is wanting to pay for better facilities for our kids and they get shot down?   Make that make sense to me.  

Also the same Admin that won’t allow coaches to have camps for the youth in the summer.  I believe English is the only one that offers anything and he has to do it off campus at a church.  This is who we have running the district and ultimately making this hire.  Forgive me for not have much faith in them.  

This is the hidden content, please

Wow that's embarrassing, see stuff like that makes me smh. You think a qualified coach would want to move their family to crap like this!? 

1 hour ago, NHS409 said:

Sorry, I 've been on a hiatus but I'm back for the slander! All I'm saying is there has been an influx of Mexican kids who has moved in and they bring nothing to the table football wise and hardly athletic wise. You make it seem as I'm Donald Trump petitioning to "Build That Wall" haha.  If anything, they may play soccer, but look at the soccer program!! Nederland was ALWAYS good in soccer now they are at the bottom of the barrel, who would've ever have thought Nederland Football, Soccer, and Baseball would all be mediocre or below average. Times have changed for the worst and it has more to do than coaches, it comes down to athletes and talent! Boys Basketball is the only Boys sport being competitive! And what do you mean the Track Coach won't let the kids participate in individual events!? Track is mainly an individual sport?!

Did you see how many Hispanics play for PnG? Have a look at the roster. They’re a strength. With a good program, everyone can excel. 

6 hours ago, NHS409 said:

Knock that off or you will be back on hiatus.

On 1/28/2024 at 8:36 AM, PhatMack19 said:

I went to a Little Dribblers game yesterday.  This is the crap the kids are playing on.  Little Dribblers raised money to replace this junk with adjustable goals in all the middle school gyms that they use.  Nederland admin told them no.  Someone else is wanting to pay for better facilities for our kids and they get shot down?   Make that make sense to me.  

Also the same Admin that won’t allow coaches to have camps for the youth in the summer.  I believe English is the only one that offers anything and he has to do it off campus at a church.  This is who we have running the district and ultimately making this hire.  Forgive me for not have much faith in them.  

This is the hidden content, please

Not sure what they offered to replace them with, but if it’s not something that’s anchored to the walls I can understand why they said no.  Those type of hang on goals are very common in little dribblers.  A moveable standup goal can fall (especially when the bigger kids start trying to dunk on them), has to be stored on site, and also in most gyms wouldn’t fit under the 10 ft goals in place and the base would be in the court of play.  Now if they’re offering to buy 10k adjustable units that hang from the ceiling then that’s a different story 

6 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Did you see how many Hispanics play for PnG? Have a look at the roster. They’re a strength. With a good program, everyone can excel. 

The best defensive lineman PN-G’s got right now is Hernandez. That kicker who won offensive MVP for the Indians in the state championship is Oceguera.

The Hispanic kids can play just as well as the black, white and Asian kids. Nederland’s issue isn’t their kids’ race.

11 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

101 is  how many kids are playing high school football at PNG. 

Football: 101

Track: 120+

Band: 230-250 in any given year.

Indianettes: ~75

Cheerleaders: 12-20

Twirlers: 8

Geronimo’s Crew: 10-15

NDN Press & PN-G Primetime: 10-20

Probably a few hundred more competing in UIL academics and related activities, the choir and theater groups, all of the other sports, etc.

Take a good look. That’s what a strong high school culture looks like.

34 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Football: 101

Track: 120+

Band: 230-250 in any given year.

Indianettes: ~75

Cheerleaders: 12-20

Twirlers: 8

Geronimo’s Crew: 10-15

NDN Press & PN-G Primetime: 10-20

Probably a few hundred more competing in UIL academics and related activities, the choir and theater groups, all of the other sports, etc.

Take a good look. That’s what a strong high school culture looks like.

6a school don't even have 76 members on there drill team !!

17 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Need one of those transparent,honest NISD school board members or admins that always say they need community\ parent involvement\ support to come out of that back good ole boy meeting room & post the list of AD\Head football coach applicants so us community folks can help hire the right coach🙃

Hearing rumblings a announcement on Friday on who the new TOP DOG is… no pun intended lol from those admins..