Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns

17 hours ago, Reagan said:

The ONLY way this would make any sense is if the Liberty Hill HC, or former Liberty Hill HC (Jerry Vance), or the Bellville HC applied.  Even with that being said -- I'm not sure that's the route I'd want to go.  

I’d do it in a heartbeat. Why not if that’s what the personnel calls for?

40 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

Big Ned, when they get back in their prime will be the fast paced, complicated spread offense they used to be.  Write it down son.

As always, it all depends on who they hire.  I do understand that there is a coach in the mix that could bring this transformation around.  But, since I don't know all who has applied, there could be a few others.  Just have to wait and see.  

2 hours ago, A BUC 77 said:

Big Ned, when they get back in their prime will be the fast paced, complicated spread offense they used to be.  Write it down son.

My observation was that Neumann didn’t use a complicated offense. In fact, I would argue that the defining theme of the six-year MCM streak was that Nederland ran a far more fundamentals-based, simple scheme on defense and offense than PNG, which enabled the team to achieve precision and confidence, especially in do-or-die situations. I think that tended to be the difference in those close games. So many games in that era came down to one or two plays where Nederland executed and PNG didn’t. 

One of the big differences between PNG now and PNG then is the commitment to mastering a few simple plays and expanding from that only as mastery is achieved, versus the razzle dazzle of the Faircloth era. I’ve heard PNG under Joseph be compared to Katy due to the similarity in the offense and the obvious family connection, but there’s also a similarity between Nederland under Neuman and PNG under Joseph. There’s at least a philosophical link between PNG now and Nederland under Neumann, which is they’re both good at just doing the few plays they’ve mastered right, and building from there. Nederland doesn’t need to blow up the printers with new or more complex plays. 

On 1/17/2024 at 12:16 PM, Reagan said:

Things at PNG wasn't as bad as they were towards the end at Nederland.  PNG probably had the good players from the halls that were already playing when the new coach got there.  Kids quit and never came out because how bad Nederland had become.  Get the right coach and start winning and you'll see how many kids you'll have available.  

Nederland has a young team coming up that is unbeaten in two years. Ned. has a lot of good players coming back. These kids were developed by Barrow. The new coach will reap rewards for what Monte developed. Nederland did not have the size line to participate in a powerful district. PNG did. The former coach you are so proud of, monte was the OC then.      
Thankfully the people that mouth off about who should be hired will not be doing the hiring. 

2 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Nederland has a young team coming up that is unbeaten in two years. Ned. has a lot of good players coming back. These kids were developed by Barrow. The new coach will reap rewards for what Monte developed. Nederland did not have the size line to participate in a powerful district. PNG did. The former coach you are so proud of, monte was the OC then.      
Thankfully the people that mouth off about who should be hired will not be doing the hiring. 

I don't think anyone would doubt that he was a good OC.  As a matter of fact, he was better than Derouen.  I also don't think anyone would doubt that he was not a good HC.  At any one time, 90% of the coaches can't make that transition.  

On 1/17/2024 at 9:36 PM, NHS409 said:

What specifically am I wrong about!? Go check them out at camp fun, or walk the hallways during transition an tell me I'm wrong. Some people have no clue on what it takes to win at the level PNG is winning right now. Can Nederland improve from how awful they've been the last few years? Yes, but they WILL NOT make deep runs in the playoffs with the kids they have up front!! Smh, people acting like Nederland is a coach away from going to State haha what a joke. Until Nederland emphasize kids to be multi sport athletes, Skill positions running Track and Lineman participating in Powerlifting as well as get some quality Big kids moving in to the school instead of kids who can't speak English then they will have a HUGE hurdle/hurdles to get over.

Does Nederland not emphasize this?  You’ve already called out English, but don’t mention other sports getting kids to sign contracts that they won’t miss practice for other sports.  It’s seems like you would get better talent working together, instead of making kids sign a contract that they won’t miss track practice for a baseball game. 

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Does Nederland not emphasize this?  You’ve already called out English, but don’t mention other sports getting kids to sign contracts that they won’t miss practice for other sports.  It’s seems like you would get better talent working together, instead of making kids sign a contract that they won’t miss track practice for a baseball game. 

Broken culture. Gotta get all athletic teams on the same page and same period of the day…. 

5 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Then I heard he (Nederland track coach) takes their medals back after they win when he gets mad.