Dallas ISD considering filing a grievance over PNG win

bullets13

1 hour ago, PN-G bamatex said:

If I had my druthers, the UIL would reserve AT&T, NRG and the Alamodome, assign out stadium venues based on which of the three stadiums is closest to equidistant from the two high schools playing the game, and assign ref crews from chapters nowhere near either school.

This would fix a lot of problems. It would take away the built-in homefield advantage for the Metroplex schools. Houston-, Golden Triangle- and Dallas-area schools would play each other in San Antonio. West and East Texas schools would still play each other in Dallas. Some of those small school games would probably be played in Houston.

It would ensure no appearance of bias on the part of the refs. It would likely allow for better scheduling because games could be played simultaneously. (It’s unfair to the smaller schools that they have to play games on Tuesdays and Wednesday nights, in my opinion.)

The problem would be the cost, which I doubt the UIL could afford.

I like the 4 days of football. I would be good with 3 days of football. 

That way you can watch all the games. 

Would like to see it at least alternate between Houston and Dallas. Not sure the Alamodome could handle it.

24 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

Like you said Bill Theodore is "the head honcho of TASO."

You really do not think that was not a factor? 

Absolutely not...if that was the case he would have been picked for a game this year too right? There was a Fort Worth crew that worked  a game this year and it definitely wasn't Bill's crew

17 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

I like the 4 days of football. I would be good with 3 days of football. 

That way you can watch all the games. 

Would like to see it at least alternate between Houston and Dallas. Not sure the Alamodome could handle it.

Alamodome can handle it better than NRG IMO...locker rooms are still an issue at NRG for multiple games

3 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

When it comes to a state championship game? Absolutely!!

The only thing on those guys minds is winning if you think those guys are going to risk winning a state title to make someone at TASO happy then I'm not sure you know these coaches.

Not sure you understand politics, I bet you’re a wealth of information around election time

37 minutes ago, Red Boyou said:

Not sure you understand politics, I bet you’re a wealth of information around election time

I understand politics and all that entails and in certain instances in high school athletics it rears its ugly head.

I've helped coaches find officials for games including state title games and I can assure you politics are the last thing on those guys minds. 

You feel quite strongly that politics are involved here and I disagree and that disagreement is based on personal experience. You aren't changing my mind and I'm not changing yours...much like a political debate on the internet 

6 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Ok, I'll ask it. What 5A games would draw the biggest crowds??? 

5AD1- Longview vs Cedar Park

5AD2- Ennis vs PNG

Would a team like Brownsville Vets have traveled better than Smithson Valley? 

In bold would be intriguing. 

Port Arthur Memorial vs Temple would too.