#2 Silsbee vs #6 Bellville

BBfan061

22 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

No I don’t think so. As far as I know junior DT DJ Sanders is the only Brahma with D1 offers… and he has his pick of the litter for the most part 

I’m pretty sure DD has offers. I seen pictures on social media of him in different uniforms. UH maybe A&M? Don’t recall who else I seen

3 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Each game? Oh it’s less than that on average lol I’d say say average this year 2-3 times

Why throw the ball when you have a bulldozer for an offensive line and three 1,000 yard backs. The wing-T is supposed to be a time consuming, ware your opponent down type of offense. Y’all run it wrong. Scoring 60 points a game, scoring on long run quick drives. You’re supposed to grind it out, stay on the field, pound and pound the defense. It’s going to be an interesting game. 

9 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Why throw the ball when you have a bulldozer for an offensive line and three 1,000 yard backs. The wing-T is supposed to be a time consuming, ware your opponent down type of offense. Y’all run it wrong. Scoring 60 points a game, scoring on long run quick drives. You’re supposed to grind it out, stay on the field, pound and pound the defense. It’s going to be an interesting game. 

IMO, if you are undefeated, you aren't doing anything wrong.

50 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

We run the Slot T not the Wing T… Yes normally you wanna grind it out and keep the other offense off the field. Bellville just hasn’t had to run it that way this year… Probably will see it ran more to your standards on Friday 

1 hour ago, STiger85 said:

Yep, supposed to tell the RBs to stop and take a knee after 10 yds and "not run into the endzone". If you score too quick you put your defense in a bad position where they give up 6 pts per game with 7 shutouts in 12 games. 

IMO Silsbee has a solid QB who will make unbelievable throws to his receivers. The O-line will give him good coverage and Miller is a one-of-a-kind- athletic player. Silsbee’s outside LB will blitz and cause a lot of trouble for the B Bulls. On the other hand, the Bulls are a very disciplined team. Their defense is big and very fast. Their RB SUPER talented. May the best team win!

Athletically, Silsbee is superior, but Bellville has the advantage up front on both sides.

Can Bellville stay ahead of schedule and stay out of 3rd and 6+?

Will Silsbee utilize Miller all over the field and get him 15+ touches.   I think that’s what the game comes down to.   I don’t think Silsbee will be able to run it effectively, so can they throw the ball, and get Miller touches out of the backfield?  Will they run the wildcat with Miller like Jasper did Smith?

Will Silsbee beat themselves like they usually do in the playoffs.   An undisciplined team is an undisciplined team.   A Tiger don’t change its stripes.   Going off history, Silsbee will self destruct.   Will it be this week or next?

5 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Yep, supposed to tell the RBs to stop and take a knee after 10 yds and "not run into the endzone". If you score too quick you put your defense in a bad position where they give up 6 pts per game with 7 shutouts in 12 games. 

What I’ve seen is Bellville running the ball extensively , three, four or more yards at a time and at times a run busts open. The other teams defense is getting taxed and when our defense comes in after scoring gets a three downs and out their defense is already coming back on n the field. I don’t see that as a bad thing. You’re taking the offense out of commission and breaking the defense. Just my opinion…

22 minutes ago, Smeyen said:

What I’ve seen is Bellville running the ball extensively , three, four or more yards at a time and at times a run busts open. The other teams defense is getting taxed and when our defense comes in after scoring gets a three downs and out their defense is already coming back on n the field. I don’t see that as a bad thing. You’re taking the offense out of commission and breaking the defense. Just my opinion…

Yep, Bellville defense has probably given up the fewest points in the State this year and the offense has probably scored the most points in the State. Seems to be working well.