Beaumont Kelly forced to forfeit

cat001

7 hours ago, Yeoj said:

No Bryce's brother Brock isn't in high school yet. Brock King who was a stand out athlete at Vincient Middle School went to PAM for high school last year. King got an offer in 8th grade I believe.

He's been a young stud since his days with the Beaumont Bulls.  I was just talking to my wife a couple of days ago wondering where he was.  Now I know...

14 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Sounds like you're bitter about losing either games or kids to Kelly. LMAO... If my son showed the ability to be good at a sport and had the ability to play at the next level, there's no way in hell I'm letting him stay and play for a coach that sucks at his job. What type of scouts are showing up to see a team that loses a football game 71-0?

I don't even have a kid in HS. They evidently broke the rules so they have to face the consequences. The coach is at WB is only stating the correct reason the kids transferred on the paperwork.

10 hours ago, Yeoj said:

No Bryce's brother Brock isn't in high school yet. Brock King who was a stand out athlete at Vincient Middle School went to PAM for high school last year. King got an offer in 8th grade I believe.

Yeah I know Brock isn’t in HS yet, they last part he put I’m glad we got Brock before he entered HS made me think that.. I was about to be totally shocked and very impressed with pa if that didn’t happen tho… 

16 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Sounds like you're bitter about losing either games or kids to Kelly. LMAO... If my son showed the ability to be good at a sport and had the ability to play at the next level, there's no way in hell I'm letting him stay and play for a coach that sucks at his job. What type of scouts are showing up to see a team that loses a football game 71-0?

To your previous comments, the talent on the state team at WB was unreal. 3 Division 1 WRs, another WR that was faster than all of em, 2k yard RB, another RB that could've went D1, QB was like a hs version of Lamar Jackson, 2 or 3 college offensive linemen, 2 div 1 DBs and another who's been playing college ball and 3 guys on the dline that played/playing college ball.  That is a loaded team sir. Yea they were well coached but had a lot of talent to go with it.  If you pulled the current rosters for all the schools in the area plus a kid at CE King who is balling and another at Judson, you would see how many players have left WB, some for school purposes because BISD sucks and some bailed because things didn't go their way.

2nd, before you go bashing a coach saying he sucks, know the man.  Langston is one of the best dudes in the business.  Most guys would've bailed out of WB already or he could've gone back to college ball.

Lastly, that WB team that went to state lost to NS in district that year like 62-6 or something.

On 10/13/2023 at 9:50 AM, Eagle91 said:

You cant play any summer ball or any type of 7 on 7 for any of the Kelly coach's before enrolling there. I know Legacy got kicked out of the baseball playoffs several years back for 2 players playing one tournament during the summer on the coach's select team before they were enrolled at Legacy. One of the kid's was taking a shot at his previous coach in the newspaper and mentioned playing in a summer game. It got turned in and just before Legacy was to play in the 3rd round of the playoffs they were eliminated. So if any of the Kelly coach's coached any of those kids before they were enrolled at Kelly then it was illegal. They can recruit though.

That must not apply to soccer. Because the last few coaches there have all coached their players in club soccer at Dynamo and now Albion. Hmmmm??? 

4 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Now, the HC and AD are on probation for violating the rules. Should they be asked to resign? If they don’t resign, should they be relieved of their duties?  Thoughts?

Without really knowing the details I'd say it seems like a small misunderstanding regarding the rules of recruiting for TAPPS schools rather than guys purposely breaking the rules. If anything I'd say the UIL needs to look into some of these public schools that have got some of these WB transfers based on what posters are revealing on this thread 

18 hours ago, Yeoj said:

bro you don't know anything.... Weston Davis is at United also losing a ton of football games and he's one of the most highly recruited and rated players in the entire country. Stop. 

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

What does a school being private have to do with anything? That's a goofy statement. If it was a public school, would you feel differently?

I don't like it because of what's happening now "recruiting".  Despite the issues in them, I prefer public schools statewide,..

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

What does a school being private have to do with anything? That's a goofy statement. If it was a public school, would you feel differently?

...and violations are violations regardless if they are public or private.  I use to coach at Legacy back in the day and watched how a particular coach recruited kids from Central and other local schools, just for football.

5 hours ago, TheOutsider said:

To your previous comments, the talent on the state team at WB was unreal. 3 Division 1 WRs, another WR that was faster than all of em, 2k yard RB, another RB that could've went D1, QB was like a hs version of Lamar Jackson, 2 or 3 college offensive linemen, 2 div 1 DBs and another who's been playing college ball and 3 guys on the dline that played/playing college ball.  That is a loaded team sir. Yea they were well coached but had a lot of talent to go with it.  If you pulled the current rosters for all the schools in the area plus a kid at CE King who is balling and another at Judson, you would see how many players have left WB, some for school purposes because BISD sucks and some bailed because things didn't go their way.

2nd, before you go bashing a coach saying he sucks, know the man.  Langston is one of the best dudes in the business.  Most guys would've bailed out of WB already or he could've gone back to college ball.

Lastly, that WB team that went to state lost to NS in district that year like 62-6 or something.

The damning thing about that is that team was no different from other past teams to come through BISD. I would dare to even say that team wasn't even the most talented to come though WB in team in the last 10 years ( Im no even mentioning the Early/Mid 2000 teams).  What I will say though is that team had came up through the pop-warner ranks together (Which most teams from past BISD schools didn't have the luxury of) and peaked at the right time and caught some lucky breaks, I won't take anything from them though, that offense was dynamic, but I'd be lying If I said I had never seen anything like that before in Beaumont history. 

I think that's why a lot of ppl are hot, talent has never been an issue in Beaumont, I don't care what ppl say, and the writing has been on the wall for as long as I can remember, invest more in athletics like other communities, hire the right coaches for the job. 

Now I don't know Langston personally, but I have heard nothing but great things about him, plus I know a few coaches on the staff, and I know they care for those kids and vice/versa, but I know a lot of good man, that I wouldn't want coaching football. Being a good guy doesn't make you a good football coach. At the end of the day, it's a business just like your job, and if you're not performing, I'm sure you'll be feeling the heat to and possibly receive your walking papers if things continued on the downward spiral. 

Its a shame when Beaumont really has some good middle school teams coming up, and you see the future there, but like someone earlier said you talk to the parents and the first thing they say "Yeah we're looking at schools outside of BISD. Thats a problem and needs to be addressed. 

13 hours ago, TheOutsider said:

Where did I bash Langston as a person? I'm literally critiquing the job he has done as the Head Football coach at West Brook. On what planet is going 6-22 with two games left in your third year considered doing a good job? According to his job performance, he sucks! And, that WB team that went to state was underdogs in the regional finals, the state semifinals, and the state championship game, so thanks for proving my point about the lack of coaching at West Brook now!

7 hours ago, TexazBall said:

The damning thing about that is that team was no different from other past teams to come through BISD. I would dare to even say that team wasn't even the most talented to come though WB in team in the last 10 years ( Im no even mentioning the Early/Mid 2000 teams).  What I will say though is that team had came up through the pop-warner ranks together (Which most teams from past BISD schools didn't have the luxury of) and peaked at the right time and caught some lucky breaks, I won't take anything from them though, that offense was dynamic, but I'd be lying If I said I had never seen anything like that before in Beaumont history. 

I think that's why a lot of ppl are hot, talent has never been an issue in Beaumont, I don't care what ppl say, and the writing has been on the wall for as long as I can remember, invest more in athletics like other communities, hire the right coaches for the job. 

Now I don't know Langston personally, but I have heard nothing but great things about him, plus I know a few coaches on the staff, and I know they care for those kids and vice/versa, but I know a lot of good man, that I wouldn't want coaching football. Being a good guy doesn't make you a good football coach. At the end of the day, it's a business just like your job, and if you're not performing, I'm sure you'll be feeling the heat to and possibly receive your walking papers if things continued on the downward spiral. 

Its a shame when Beaumont really has some good middle school teams coming up, and you see the future there, but like someone earlier said you talk to the parents and the first thing they say "Yeah we're looking at schools outside of BISD. Thats a problem and needs to be addressed. 

Can’t argue with most of that. To be honest, I’d be looking at schools outside of BISD even if my kids weren’t in athletics.