Beaumont Kelly forced to forfeit

cat001

21 minutes ago, cat001 said:

Heard Kelly Catholic has been forced to forfeit their first four games of the season due to violation of rules. Anyone know what happened?

My nephew is one of the star players in the team.    Apparently, there were some text messages that were leaked from one of the assistant coaches stating that he coaches in an off-season game for Kelly by a teacher at West Brook.  It was sent to TAPPS . 

If you didn’t know, there has been beef with West Brook and Kelly.  West Brook parents have been saying that Kelly recruited several of their players.  

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

My nephew is one of the star players in the team.    Apparently, there were some text messages that were leaked from one of the assistant coaches stating that he coaches in an off-season game for Kelly by a teacher at West Brook.  It was sent to TAPPS . 

If you didn’t know, there has been beef with West Brook and Kelly.  West Brook parents have been saying that Kelly recruited several of their players.  

Based off the performance of Kelly on the football field recently I’d say the players that supposedly were recruited aren’t the greatest 😂😂

25 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Based off the performance of Kelly on the football field recently I’d say the players that supposedly were recruited aren’t the greatest 😂😂

Well, a Kelly contact told me there is only one ex West Brook kid on the team.  But I talked to a west Brook contact this morning and he told me several WB players made it to Kelly.  Two different stories, so I dunno…

32 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, a Kelly contact told me there is only one ex West Brook kid on the team.  But I talked to a west Brook contact this morning and he told me several WB players made it to Kelly.  Two different stories, so I dunno…

This is really no different than most years around area, jumping ship, players/parents are quick to move to another school if they think better opportunities exist elsewhere. Seems most cases are sports related. 

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

If I'm not mistaking Kelly is allowed to recruit since they're a private school. I always found it odd that schools like Kelly seem to get out recruited by some of these public schools in the UIL 

Houston and Dallas have some private schools that can recruit student athletes easily because of the sport and academic opportunities they offer. Kelly and the smaller private in our area offer good academic choices but for a student wanting to compete at a higher level also in sports not so much. 

2 hours ago, Setx fan said:

If I'm not mistaking Kelly is allowed to recruit since they're a private school. I always found it odd that schools like Kelly seem to get out recruited by some of these public schools in the UIL 

Because the talent level they play against in every single sport is incredibly sub par compared to the competition the schools in Beaumont play. The "state championships" that Kelly has won and competed for are all on a 2A level or bellow equivalency.  

1 hour ago, BMT Truth said:

Because the talent level they play against in every single sport is incredibly sub par compared to the competition the schools in Beaumont play. The "state championships" that Kelly has won and competed for are all on a 2A level or bellow equivalency.  

Looking at Beaumont school's football W-L ratios, I believe Kelly would be looking better and better every day.

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

So, what's the actual alleged problem?  Is it that a West Brook teacher volunteers as a coach at Kelly?  Or that Kelly is accused of recruiting?  

4 hours ago, BMT Truth said:

Good point but it's still odd how Kelly can't hardly put a good enough team together to be consistently good at whatever level they're playing but other schools that aren't supposed to be putting teams together seem to consistently do it pretty well. LOL Just pointing that out 

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

So, what's the actual alleged problem?  Is it that a West Brook teacher volunteers as a coach at Kelly?  Or that Kelly is accused of recruiting?  

I was just told that a screenshot of a message from one of the Kelly Coaches ended up with TAPPS.  I assume that they don’t allow the actual coaches on the staff to coach any of the players in offseason stuff.  

18 hours ago, BMT Truth said:

^^^^This right here^^^^ Only 11 teams in the "state playoffs" with them in baseball last season. Only 4 had winning records. That includes Kelly.. Doesn't sound like much competition to me.

23 minutes ago, gogo173489 said:

^^^^This right here^^^^ Only 11 teams in the "state playoffs" with them in baseball last season. Only 4 had winning records. That includes Kelly.. Doesn't sound like much competition to me.

Yeah, it couldn't be because it's expensive to go there, or because it has higher academic standards, or it has stringent dress codes, a stricter code of conduct (that is actually enforced) and exists for academics and not athletics.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Yeah, it couldn't be because it's expensive to go there, or because it has higher academic standards, or it has stringent dress codes, a stricter code of conduct (that is actually enforced) and exists for academics and not athletics.

I'm not talking about any of that with Kelly. All good things. Only talking about the competition they had to play to win a TAPPS State Championship last year.

You cant play any summer ball or any type of 7 on 7 for any of the Kelly coach's before enrolling there. I know Legacy got kicked out of the baseball playoffs several years back for 2 players playing one tournament during the summer on the coach's select team before they were enrolled at Legacy. One of the kid's was taking a shot at his previous coach in the newspaper and mentioned playing in a summer game. It got turned in and just before Legacy was to play in the 3rd round of the playoffs they were eliminated. So if any of the Kelly coach's coached any of those kids before they were enrolled at Kelly then it was illegal. They can recruit though.

On 10/12/2023 at 12:56 PM, BMT Truth said:

Just pulled the schedules from some of the teams Kelly plays.  Second Baptist played in a tournament at o e point where they faced 4 schools at the 6A level all of which made the playoffs.  The Kinkaid school plays almost exclusively against 6A and top notch 5A in their non-district play. 

Does Kelly play a 6A schedule, no. However, unless you were using hyperbole when it comes to baseball, there are seasons where Kelly could be quite competitive in multiple 5A districts.  Other sports, well that's a different story.  

Also, quite a few college baseball teams have former Kelly players. That's not common for most UIL schools below the 5A level. 

On 10/12/2023 at 7:52 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

West Brook coaches are the reasons parents are sending their kids to Kelly. Langston has signed leaving for athletic reasons on all kids that transfer out. WB has kids playing at damn near all the surrounding area schools with most of them having to play JV because of Langston not signing off on their paperwork.

2 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

West Brook coaches are the reasons parents are sending their kids to Kelly. Langston has signed leaving for athletic reasons on all kids that transfer out. WB has kids playing at damn near all the surrounding area schools with most of them having to play JV because of Langston not signing off on their paperwork.

Yep! We have one playing JV right now who would be a starter on varsity. Smh. 

I'm just glad Brock came over before entering HS. 

5 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I believe the silsbee jv player has about 20 more days and he will be moved up to varsity

Nov. 6 he will become eligible.

Most say had he been eligible, he would be Silsbee's starting QB.

But Moshier (current starting QB) isn't doing too bad. 1800 yards, 20 TD's 0 INT's in 7 games.