Beaumont United (0) @ Humble Atascocita (78) - FINAL

jdawg03

34 minutes ago, bmtbulldog said:

!!:0/78/F 

Overall, it was a fairly clean game. No unsportsmanlike events, at least that I could see. Beaumont's got to get out of 6A... whatever y'all need to do with those numbers, do it. 

You've alerted the ScoreboardBot:

Game Over Alert: FINAL - Beaumont United(0) @ Humble Atascocita(78)

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, bmtbulldog said:

!!:0/78/F 

Overall, it was a fairly clean game. No unsportsmanlike events, at least that I could see. Beaumont's got to get out of 6A... whatever y'all need to do with those numbers, do it. 

You've alerted the ScoreboardBot:

Game Over Alert: FINAL - Beaumont United(0) @ Humble Atascocita(78)

😄

He cried for weeks on the news and to the newspaper about a dang field house at West Brook when it had nothing to do with BISD.  The stop work order being pushed by their very own west end city council was the roadblock that prolonged the completion of that field house.  IMO, that was nothing more than a scapegoat for him to make it seem like it was BISD’a fault so he could leave.  

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

He cried for weeks on the news and to the newspaper about a dang field house at West Brook when it had nothing to do with BISD.  The stop work order being pushed by their very own west end city council was the roadblock that prolonged the completion of that field house.  IMO, that was nothing more than a scapegoat for him to make it seem like it was BISD’a fault so he could leave.  

Could very well be the case.   But IMO, the complete lack of leadership within the district, the spineless AD, and opportunity to make more money were major reasons why.

Pretending like BISD is a quality place with great management is not true either.  

33 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

Could very well be the case.   But IMO, the complete lack of leadership within the district, the spineless AD, and opportunity to make more money were major reasons why.

Pretending like BISD is a quality place with great management is not true either.  

Who’s pretending that there is great management?  Management is horrible which ultimately why we’re at this point.  

On 10/6/2023 at 9:19 PM, ace2335 said:

My nephew was talking about playing his senior year. This is exactly why I told him not to. Told don’t do it to himself. 

What an absolutely trash comment and advice to give a kid who is thinking about playing high school sports. News flash - for every GOOD team out there winning game after game, there are 2 or 3 times more out there struggling to get wins. The discipline and lessons learned from playing football, even at a losing program, are invaluable for young men in today's society. Coach Langston is a good man. The men coaching at Beaumont programs are good men, who care deeply about the development and molding of their players into successful young men OFF the football field. If you're part of the Beaumont football village, you are part of the problem with this trash kind of thinking and advice to a young man. 

11 hours ago, BMT Truth said:

What an absolutely trash comment and advice to give a kid who is thinking about playing high school sports. News flash - for every GOOD team out there winning game after game, there are 2 or 3 times more out there struggling to get wins. The discipline and lessons learned from playing football, even at a losing program, are invaluable for young men in today's society. Coach Langston is a good man. The men coaching at Beaumont programs are good men, who care deeply about the development and molding of their players into successful young men OFF the football field. If you're part of the Beaumont football village, you are part of the problem with this trash kind of thinking and advice to a young man. 

agree

19 hours ago, BMT Truth said:

Totally agree.

I would never tell a young person NOT to play a sport.

My philosophy, let'em play as much as they want to play. Never get these times back.

On 10/6/2023 at 9:19 PM, ace2335 said:

My nephew was talking about playing his senior year. This is exactly why I told him not to. Told don’t do it to himself. 

I played for Lumberton and Lamar University. I know what it’s like to lose games. Still, those are some of the greatest times of my life. The camaraderie, the life lessons, the ability to test yourself, the opportunity to overcome odds and adversity, the friendships… I could go on and on. I am sure you are a good uncle that cares for his nephew. If you want what’s best for him, encourage him to play sports. It will make him a better man, and it will keep him off the streets. I can’t imagine not playing varsity football, especially my senior year.

On 10/11/2023 at 10:39 AM, BMT Truth said:

Call it trash if you want that’s your opinion in which for the mass majority of time people comment and like quotes when they don’t know the entire story as seen above. My nephew has never played tackle football EVER. A mentioned that he wanted to play. An I was not the only relative that advised him not too. Not to mention he is entering his senior season in which he was a part of the BU championship runs of late. So miss me with that trash type of thinking crap. I’d say my advice is currently being validated if you ask me due to the circumstances. Love it hate it Idgad

23 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I played for Lumberton and Lamar University. I know what it’s like to lose games. Still, those are some of the greatest times of my life. The camaraderie, the life lessons, the ability to test yourself, the opportunity to overcome odds and adversity, the friendships… I could go on and on. I am sure you are a good uncle that cares for his nephew. If you want what’s best for him, encourage him to play sports. It will make him a better man, and it will keep him off the streets. I can’t imagine not playing varsity football, especially my senior year.

He is a basketball player and never played tackle football ever. Yes I do care. An I’m sure there are plenty life lessons that could’ve been life altering. My nephew has been through enough not to put him self in harms way. He’s better off sticking to basketball at this point in his high school career. He has play on BU since he was a freshman and was part of all the recent championship teams. 

1 hour ago, ace2335 said:

He is a basketball player and never played tackle football ever. Yes I do care. An I’m sure there are plenty life lessons that could’ve been life altering. My nephew has been through enough not to put him self in harms way. He’s better off sticking to basketball at this point in his high school career. He has play on BU since he was a freshman and was part of all the recent championship teams. 

Well, that’s a different situation altogether. Good luck to the young man and keep being there for him. 

On 10/11/2023 at 12:39 PM, BMT Truth said:

Were they hired to be good men or football coaches? The fact that they are good men is not in question. Their ability to lead young men to win football games is. They absolutely suck at it, evidenced by the lack of the team's ability to even make games competitive. Can we find a person that's good and has the ability to actually lead a program to win football games!

On 10/13/2023 at 4:55 PM, Yeoj said:

Were they hired to be good men or football coaches? The fact that they are good men is not in question. Their ability to lead young men to win football games is. They absolutely suck at it, evidenced by the lack of the team's ability to even make games competitive. Can we find a person that's good and has the ability to actually lead a program to win football games!

The best coaches in the state would struggle to be successful in BISD right now playing those teams they have to play. Yall just can't accept reality. So many middle class families have moved TF out of Beaumont. The talent pool is not what it used to be. Sure, there are SOME talented kids. There will still be D1 talent, but it's top heavy, and not much in between. Plus, you guys are not comparing it to the talent they have to play against. If you take a kid from Beaumont and a kid from Atascocita and they are really close athletically to start, that Atascocita kid is 9 times out of 10 going to by the end of this Freshman year be a much better football player. They have equipment, facilities, and resources that produce results. These things matter so much. Why do you think it's so rare to see inner city schools that are good at football? You've got kids in Beaumont who are generationally stuck in Beaumont and poverty. Those kids will almost always get passed up by middle class suburban kids specifically in the sport of football because it's so detail and technically orientated. Beaumont people can not accept that the city and its culture is trash and that product shows itself in football more than any other sport. Big facts. Big truth. 

1 hour ago, BMT Truth said:

The best coaches in the state would struggle to be successful in BISD right now playing those teams they have to play. Yall just can't accept reality. So many middle class families have moved TF out of Beaumont. The talent pool is not what it used to be. Sure, there are SOME talented kids. There will still be D1 talent, but it's top heavy, and not much in between. Plus, you guys are not comparing it to the talent they have to play against. If you take a kid from Beaumont and a kid from Atascocita and they are really close athletically to start, that Atascocita kid is 9 times out of 10 going to by the end of this Freshman year be a much better football player. They have equipment, facilities, and resources that produce results. These things matter so much. Why do you think it's so rare to see inner city schools that are good at football? You've got kids in Beaumont who are generationally stuck in Beaumont and poverty. Those kids will almost always get passed up by middle class suburban kids specifically in the sport of football because it's so detail and technically orientated. Beaumont people can not accept that the city and its culture is trash and that product shows itself in football more than any other sport. Big facts. Big truth. 

Bruh, Westbrook is waaaaay not close to being an inner city school. Try again. 

29 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Bruh, Westbrook is waaaaay not close to being an inner city school. Try again. 

West Brook resources are like a inner city schools. WB and BU are now 5a schools.IMO  

At the games I dont see the same talent like you see at the other 6a schools. Both schools have been poached by Kelly and Memorial.