Snapshot Day

AggiesAreWe

2 hours ago, lcm93 said:

If iowa colony goes 5a d 2 that will be alvin iowa colony  Rosenberg terry , new caney west fork , and splendora all new to 5a d 2 I wonder what the new 5a d 2 districts will look like ? 

Would WF and Splendora go east? or west? Maybe detach Willowridge and FBM from the East and replace them with WF/Splendora? 

7 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

In that case, what do you think the 5A-1 district would look like? 

WB, BU, PAM, BH, GCM, RSS, Lee...

That's the seven "most east", but usually the UIL tries to avoid odd numbers. Add back LP or Crosby, or something like that?        

Most likely Crosby. Fulshear and Foster going 6A will likely send LP west with Friendswood, Angleton, and Manvel

7 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

In that case, what do you think the 5A-1 district would look like? 

WB, BU, PAM, BH, GCM, RSS, Lee...

That's the seven "most east", but usually the UIL tries to avoid odd numbers. Add back LP or Crosby, or something like that?        

Most likely Crosby. Fulshear and Foster going 6A will likely send LP west with Friendswood, Angleton, and Manvel

Just now, navydawg31 said:

Didn’t the UIL say something like 4A was to many schools and they was going to lower the top number for 4A  instead of increasing them and domino effect was going to get created? Not to look for 5A and 6A numbers to increase by much? 

I've heard that talk the last couple realignments, I'll believe it when I see it. 

9 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Didn’t the UIL say something like 4A was to many schools and they was going to lower the top number for 4A  instead of increasing them and domino effect was going to get created? Not to look for 5A and 6A numbers to increase by much? 

4A is the smallest amount of schools in all of the classifications.

6A has 249 football playing schools

5A has 251 football playing schools

4A has 192 football playing schools

3A has 206 football playing schools

2A has 207 football playing schools

1A has 148 football playing schools.

If you include basketball, it goes like this:

6A    249

5A   253

4A   213

3A   233

2A    219

1A    220

54 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

4A is the smallest amount of schools in all of the classifications.

6A has 249 football playing schools

5A has 251 football playing schools

4A has 192 football playing schools

3A has 206 football playing schools

2A has 207 football playing schools

1A has 148 football playing schools.

If you include basketball, it goes like this:

6A    249

5A   253

4A   213

3A   233

2A    219

1A    220

So maybe it was the opposite? They wanted more schools in 4A? 

11 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Would WF and Splendora go east? or west? Maybe detach Willowridge and FBM from the East and replace them with WF/Splendora? 

My guess is that the 5a districts would be split with PNG, Nederland, Dayton, Montgomery, Lake Creek, West Fork, Splendora, Huntsville and the bidistrict would be FBM, Willowridge, Texas City, Santa Fe, Galena Park,Lamar Consolidated, Rosenberg Terry, Iowa Colony 

4 hours ago, Davidp0403 said:

My guess is that the 5a districts would be split with PNG, Nederland, Dayton, Montgomery, Lake Creek, West Fork, Splendora, Huntsville and the bidistrict would be FBM, Willowridge, Texas City, Santa Fe, Galena Park,Lamar Consolidated, Rosenberg Terry, Iowa Colony 

That is kind of what I was thinking. Seems to make the most "logistical" sense. 

4 hours ago, Davidp0403 said:

Makes sense, but to UIL standards… if it does scratch and throw it away and jumble it up… 

54 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

And brenham 

Brenham has been in different regions in the past I feel like? I know they went to region 4 before cause they ran through that district and Calallen beat them deep into the playoffs that was recent. Region 3 right now… but I think they possibly have went north to region 2 before..?

15 hours ago, Davidp0403 said:

Bryan rudder ?