jenks

Heard at the Football game the other night that East Chambers does not want to continue to play HF in the Rice Bowl any longer.  Not sure the reason besides HF winning the last 3 years. I think before the last 3 games that EC won many years. The kids will be sad, but it is what it is. 

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

Winnie is turning into a small version of Pasadena, or so it appears. Soccer likely will be excellent for them but if they can't bring in more Beaumont skill position players like they did a few years ago to elevate their program it is likely on a slow decline. 

It seems to me those bmt skill positions in the past have now decided to go to HF… 

11 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

There is nothing wrong with playing with what you got.  EC will be fine.  It's a great school and town and will continue attract good students and athletes.  

Great school? I don't know, but definitely not a great town. Not sure if you ever lived there, but my experience says otherwise...

20 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Winnie is turning into a small version of Pasadena, or so it appears. Soccer likely will be excellent for them but if they can't bring in more Beaumont skill position players like they did a few years ago to elevate their program it is likely on a slow decline. 

EC has a lot of talent in their freshman group. One of them plays qb on varsity right now. They probably have some really good seasons coming up in the near future 

5 hours ago, Setx fan said:

EC has a lot of talent in their freshman group. One of them plays qb on varsity right now. They probably have some really good seasons coming up in the near future 

If so, I am surprised they just dropped out of the Rice Bowl. Seems they would want to play, correct?  

In any case I was talking medium to longer term. I have no idea who is coming up in the next 1-3 years for them. Winnie is changing, futbol will benefit. Zero doubt about that. 

On a related matter, Chambers Co. just voted to build a massive jail and Justice Center (Courts) in Anahuac. Look for Anahuac's population to further accelerate. 

On 9/27/2023 at 11:13 PM, Separation Scientist said:

What is a “Beaumont skill player”? 

10 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

If so, I am surprised they just dropped out of the Rice Bowl. Seems they would want to play, correct?  

In any case I was talking medium to longer term. I have no idea who is coming up in the next 1-3 years for them. Winnie is changing, futbol will benefit. Zero doubt about that. 

On a related matter, Chambers Co. just voted to build a massive jail and Justice Center (Courts) in Anahuac. Look for Anahuac's population to further accelerate. 

I have no clue about which direction Winnie is going in the long term but I think this thread is probably false news 

18 hours ago, Setx fan said:

On 9/28/2023 at 11:34 AM, SmashMouth said:

Great school? I don't know, but definitely not a great town. Not sure if you ever lived there, but my experience says otherwise...

Born and raised.  It may have changed a little since I’ve lived there but still a nice place.

8 hours ago, Setx fan said:

I have no clue about which direction Winnie is going in the long term but I think this thread is probably false news 

I know Chambers Co. pretty good. Look up the composition of the elementary school there. Your jaw might drop. But if you think that's all false, its perfectly fine with me. Don't care.    

The demographics of Winnie have definitely changed more than other small town in the area. If kids that play only soccer or sports other than football and basketball are ever allowed in the athletic period, the days of the football program being solid will decline quite rapidly. The possible decline may be happening regardless. Hate it for some of the people I know there, but the demographics are shifting and interest area in sport(s) may follow. 

The athletic period issue...well its a great way to keep kids playing football that otherwise may not wish to do so...ethical...you be the judge.