West Orange-Stark (20) @ Port Neches-Groves (26) - FINAL

jdawg03

12 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I know what u mean. But not anybody. Imo, if we had an experienced staff that had already proven their system could win. We would be competing with the top ranked teams in our division in December. This is an experiment trying to do things their way and figuring it out. It's like on the job training with no supervisor.Ā 

I still think we're making progress. Slowly... 2 steps forward 1 step back. We'll get back at least one of those losses from last year. And not have to face Bellville in round 1.

I agree with the first part of your post. You're exactly right it IS on the job training. The problem is that they had so little experience that the learning curve could be forever. I mean, we're still not doing the "101" type of things like containing the edge. Things coaching under an established leader with experience is gained in the short term, not "when they finally figure it out". I think it's sad this program is being destroyed by people with no leadership experience and our program being their "on the job training".

The second, I don't agree were not playing Belville because I don't think we beat any of the top three in our district (hope I'm wrong). Our greatest asset at this point is Turner but it looks like we're gonna run him til his tongue drags. He's not gonna make it to those games.

Funny, I watched the Texas Longhorns last night shut down the Alabama run game out of the 50 defense... jumping into the 4 man front on obvious passing downs... what a novel thought...šŸ¤” CT was always about stopping the run and controlling the pass. I'm sorry, but you'll never convince me that our players, running a CT trained coach out of the 50, PNG might have scored once. They certainly wouldn't have been able to make a living at it.

1 hour ago, Gasilla said:

I agree with the first part of your post. You're exactly right it IS on the job training. The problem is that they had so little experience that the learning curve could be forever. I mean, we're still not doing the "101" type of things like containing the edge. Things coaching under an established leader with experience is gained in the short term, not "when they finally figure it out". I think it's sad this program is being destroyed by people with no leadership experience and our program being their "on the job training".

The second, I don't agree were not playing Belville because I don't think we beat any of the top three in our district (hope I'm wrong). Our greatest asset at this point is Turner but it looks like we're gonna run him til his tongue drags. He's not gonna make it to those games.

Funny, I watched the Texas Longhorns last night shut down the Alabama run game out of the 50 defense... jumping into the 4 man front on obvious passing downs... what a novel thought...šŸ¤” CT was always about stopping the run and controlling the pass. I'm sorry, but you'll never convince me that our players, running a CT trained coach out of the 50, PNG might have scored once. They certainly wouldn't have been able to make a living at it.

Do you think Coach T ever returns back to the sidelines?Ā 

Iā€™ll never understand why the need to change defenses. Yes I know other types of defenses can be just as effective, but why change just for the sake of change? Especially when the 50 has been very successful at WOS for nearly 40 years. Why the personal vendetta to change things just because you can? Makes no sense whatsoever.Ā 

48 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

OFF Topic but I see JK Dobbins still doingĀ  awesome things.

I'm surprised that the team does not want C.T. to help makes no sense to me SMH.

Ladybug33 u truly don't want to know!! And then u would why I'm so upset šŸ˜” with this coaching staff.somethings didn't have to be this way.sometimes in life we all need help sometimes.but,when a person who doesn't have experience at certain things.makes this so idiotic.if u only knew the text messages I receive.makes no sense.the ppl losing here are our kids.and they deserve better.

1 hour ago, marshman said:

Iā€™ll never understand why the need to change defenses. Yes I know other types of defenses can be just as effective, but why change just for the sake of change? Especially when the 50 has been very successful at WOS for nearly 40 years. Why the personal vendetta to change things just because you can? Makes no sense whatsoever.Ā 

Bcz,they want everything that is attached to CT gone.it doesn't matter if it worked or not.but,it started at the top with supt. He doesn't know football. So hired any and everyone that he liked.and it didn't matter if they knew football or not.here's a better question for u?? So it's been over a year and half and u mean to tell me ur OC only know 5 plays.and 85% of ur plays is running the QB.so,hmm why he eant go to the press box and see what the defense is doing to have a better outlook.#refusal!!

25 minutes ago, dj said:

Ladybug33 u truly don't want to know!! And then u would why I'm so upset šŸ˜” with this coaching staff.somethings didn't have to be this way.sometimes in life we all need help sometimes.but,when a person who doesn't have experience at certain things.makes this so idiotic.if u only knew the text messages I receive.makes no sense.the ppl losing here are our kids.and they deserve better.

I do get it dj. My family is up set too, we are huge WO-S fans, My cousins grandson is a running back for us, is why I'm trying to stay positive for him and the team. But I do get it!

33 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

I do get it dj. My family is up set too, we are huge WO-S fans, My cousins grandson is a running back for us, is why I'm trying to stay positive for him and the team. But I do get it!

We all do. It won't always be like this. We just keep ridin for those true Mustangs. The ones in uniform that know what the Silver and Blue is really about. Until this experiment is put out of its misery.Ā 

Speaking of uniform. Our staff wears the same thing every week. Everyone except the DC

40 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

We all do. It won't always be like this. We just keep ridin for those true Mustangs. The ones in uniform that know what the Silver and Blue is really about. Until this experiment is put out of its misery.Ā 

Speaking of uniform. Our staff wears the same thing every week. Everyone except the DC

I've wondered why he's wearing Royal blue while everyone else is wearing Navy, but I think it's so the defense can see him when he's calling the defense. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

43 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

I've wondered why he's wearing Royal blue while everyone else is wearing Navy, but I think it's so the defense can see him when he's calling the defense. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Makes sense. Like the kids can't tell them apart from 20 yards away. They were using the big poster board signs to call in plays the 1st 2 weeks. But I didn't see it that much against PNG. Another thing that stuck out to me was the constant changing of personnel on the field. It was sloppy trying to get guys off the field in time.Ā 

6 hours ago, dj said:

No!! He offered to help!! But, this new regime wants no part of the old way.trying to prove a point that another way can make us better.

Thatā€™s pitiful..

Ā 

IMO the person to blame is the superintendent. Ā  He needs to go. Ā  In order for him to go, the school board should be voted out.

Ā 

The Sup, from everything Iā€™ve ever been told, had his mind made up on Hickman and never considered anyone else. Ā  Ā There was never a job search. Ā  It started with the PC crap about the ā€œchain gangā€ moniker. Ā  Then hire a head coach with no experience, and run off all the coaches loyal to CT and the ā€œoldā€ ways.

Ā 

Erase all identity of what WOS was and change the culture.Ā 

11 hours ago, Sledge said:

He did not throw plethoraĀ  of passes however the ones I seen him throw where either dropped are missed one in particular the receiver was wide open and bobbled the ball another one the receiver was open in the red zone and the ball hit his finger tips. If you need stats why don't you look them up ?

just seeing how people are saying he came in and took command and led them to victory when all he did was hand the ball off and the running game took command. i don't need to look at his stats to know he didn't look good lol

Ā 

1 hour ago, MackLewis said:

Thatā€™s pitiful..

Ā 

IMO the person to blame is the superintendent. Ā  He needs to go. Ā  In order for him to go, the school board should be voted out.

Ā 

The Sup, from everything Iā€™ve ever been told, had his mind made up on Hickman and never considered anyone else. Ā  Ā There was never a job search. Ā  It started with the PC crap about the ā€œchain gangā€ moniker. Ā  Then hire a head coach with no experience, and run off all the coaches loyal to CT and the ā€œoldā€ ways.

Ā 

Erase all identity of what WOS was and change the culture.Ā 

my classmate works for the district and we was discussing this on our trip in Destin. He said as long as the district is doing well in academics, staying the black financially, the district itself keeps getting good ratings, kids are learning...nobody is getting fired because the team isn't winning and he's a principle. he also told me and i did not know this, WOS is a rich school district

5 minutes ago, pakronos said:

just seeing how people are saying he came in and took command and led them to victory when all he did was hand the ball off and the running game took command. i don't need to look at his stats to know he didn't look good lol

Ā 

Obviously I disagree with your statement.

28 minutes ago, pakronos said:

my classmate works for the district and we was discussing this on our trip in Destin. He said as long as the district is doing well in academics, staying the black financially, the district itself keeps getting good ratings, kids are learning...nobody is getting fired because the team isn't winning and he's a principle. he also told me and i did not know this, WOS is a rich school district

Hum that is interesting to know. Back when I went to WOS it was said that our district would give money to other schools. I'm not sure how true that is, maybe someone else may know better than me. The community is tired of not being heard, and are voting school board members out slowly. Eventually, changes are going to be made, when TEA rolls out their new ratings.

23 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

Hum that is interesting to know. Back when I went to WOS it was said that our district would give money to other schools. I'm not sure how true that is, maybe someone else may know better than me. The community is tired of not being heard, and are voting school board members out slowly. Eventually, changes are going to be made, when TEA rolls out their new ratings.

Yes it is true. Our old books would go to LCM. WOS had money to burn due to the chemical plants in the area. We had experimental equipment, embroidered towels with a belt loop...none of that tear a towel and make your own crap. We wore black shoes and lost games and they shelved the shoes and never brought them back. Of course this was during WOS hay day of making money and a thriving economy for Orange. I recently visited Orange and almost didn't recognized the place...really sad.