PNG vs WOS Game Week Discussion

Rez Ipsa

Who wins?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• West Orange-Stark
    • Port Neches-Groves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2023 at 12:00 AM

11 hours ago, Fast Turtle said:

I have PNG taking this one. I do not always say or agree with what I am about to say, but I see the larger school playing a role in this game Friday. No shame in it, but I think more depth and most likely being bigger upfront will play a difference. I'm a Newton guy, and the bigger team may play a factor against Newton Next week also (WOS vs Newton). Time will tell. However, I am rooting for the smaller team here. Go WOS!

The Mustangs are big up front this year.

I heard that WOS lists 26 players on the varsity roster. I glanced on line, and maxpreps lists 29 I think. The school district site doesn't list the roster, or else I just didn't find it. Per the program I picked up last week in PN, PNG lists 54 varsity players. 

It's got to be tough for the smaller team to hang with the larger team for 4 quarters, with all else being somewhat equal and no turnovers or "gimmees", etc.  I recall a JV game a couple of seasons ago when Santa Fe showed up in PN with a team that probably didn't have as many as 20 players, and they did pretty well for a while, but it wasn't long before PNG was emptying their bench. 

Anyway, I missed last season's game, and it wasn't carried on Texan Live, so I'm looking forward to seeing this one. The PNG-WOS games always seem to be interesting. 

3 hours ago, 1970 said:

I heard that WOS lists 26 players on the varsity roster. I glanced on line, and maxpreps lists 29 I think. The school district site doesn't list the roster, or else I just didn't find it. Per the program I picked up last week in PN, PNG lists 54 varsity players. 

It's got to be tough for the smaller team to hang with the larger team for 4 quarters, with all else being somewhat equal and no turnovers or "gimmees", etc.  I recall a JV game a couple of seasons ago when Santa Fe showed up in PN with a team that probably didn't have as many as 20 players, and they did pretty well for a while, but it wasn't long before PNG was emptying their bench. 

Anyway, I missed last season's game, and it wasn't carried on Texan Live, so I'm looking forward to seeing this one. The PNG-WOS games always seem to be interesting. 

Although I don’t know the exact number but I feel like 30-35 is average suited up and can only think of 2 teams right off that numbers mattered…Pleasant Grove 2017 and Wimberley 05 I think it was.

3 hours ago, dj said:

He was never DC at w.o. Mike pierce was.hickman was the dline coach.and when he was the DC at Silsbee they were one of the worst defenses that they ever had.

I knew it. I just needed to get the clarification from Mr SmashMouth.

1 hour ago, monknuk68 said:

Simple. WOS fans and those whom support them want to know why our great defenses we always had is gone. Does this coach have something against the 50 defense? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

It's not that he doesn't know the 50. It's more that they would like to remove all references to the past. And he's trying to prove it can be done another way. The NEW Mustang Way. If it fails, hopefully we'll see the old school ways back again. But the past has passed. And we'll wait for the future to prove him right or wrong. I'm hoping for the best.

WOS 112% 🧢

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I knew it. I just needed to get the clarification from Mr SmashMouth.

It's not that he doesn't know the 50. It's more that they would like to remove all references to the past. And he's trying to prove it can be done another way. The NEW Mustang Way. If it fails, hopefully we'll see the old school ways back again. But the past has passed. And we'll wait for the future to prove him right or wrong. I'm hoping for the best.

WOS 112% 🧢

Thanks for the info. My question is what wrong with keeping a winning formula? What's the old expression if it ain't broke don't fix it.

34 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Maybe he does not want to be predictable. I say we play both. 

That's actually exactly what he said. I believe he called it "multiple fronts." Wants to keep opposing offenses on their toes.

I'm not sure if PNG can stop us consistently. If we don't stop ourselves. But I think they're coaches will have a great game plan. Where did Joseph get this Defensive Coordinator from?

13 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

That's actually exactly what he said. I believe he called it "multiple fronts." Wants to keep opposing offenses on their toes.

I'm not sure if PNG can stop us consistently. If we don't stop ourselves. But I think they're coaches will have a great game plan. Where did Joseph get this Defensive Coordinator from?

Katy

8 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Yeah I felt like y'all should've scored 20-30 more points against LCM last week.

12 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Yep. I already clarified he wasn’t the DC at WOS. You’re mistaken about Silsbee’s defense during his tenure though. 

No I'm not!! Go back and look at the points per game Silsbee gave up while he was dC. Or I'm quit sure any follower from Silsbee can help.when he was DC Silsbee defense wasn't gud under him. When,Silsbee coach Smith and his staff came along changed the culture on defense for them.and they have done a better job with them kids.

12 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Someone gave the answer Katy, I was not sure but it makes sense to bring good coaches with you.

3 hours ago, dj said:

No I'm not!! Go back and look at the points per game Silsbee gave up while he was dC. Or I'm quit sure any follower from Silsbee can help.when he was DC Silsbee defense wasn't gud under him. When,Silsbee coach Smith and his staff came along changed the culture on defense for them.and they have done a better job with them kids.

Wrong again mama.