PNG vs WOS Game Week Discussion

Rez Ipsa

Who wins?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• West Orange-Stark
    • Port Neches-Groves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2023 at 12:00 AM

Well I will never make a prediction as many of you others will. WOS is the best program in SETX. Period. Everyone else including PNG is trying to emulate what they have done. Stangs you have my respect and I tip my cap to you as a program, to your kids who are always some of the best athletes in Texas, your coaching, and finally some of the best and most knowledgeable fans in this area. You are what we all are aspiring to be. Winners. Win or lose WOS , though a division lower than us, will 100% prepare us for district, expose all of our weaknesses, and make us better for playing you. So again I make no prediction, just knowing that this is the best thing we can do to try and tackle that hill called FBM in 2 weeks. Please be safe on your drive over to the Reservation I look forward to seeing the game. 

5 hours ago, outanup said:

The Stangs got the athletes but,  coaching favors the Injuns. I 'm going with the Injuns...

If our coaching staff can some how teach our Dbs.look out they will be a tough out for anyone on there schedule.they did run some man.but, seems like with the new scheme the kids don't know how to break on the ball.if they ever figure that out.look out. Bcz, that freshman back is gonna be special.

10 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Well I will never make a prediction as many of you others will. WOS is the best program in SETX. Period. Everyone else including PNG is trying to emulate what they have done. Stangs you have my respect and I tip my cap to you as a program, to your kids who are always some of the best athletes in Texas, your coaching, and finally some of the best and most knowledgeable fans in this area. You are what we all are aspiring to be. Winners. Win or lose WOS , though a division lower than us, will 100% prepare us for district, expose all of our weaknesses, and make us better for playing you. So again I make no prediction, just knowing that this is the best thing we can do to try and tackle that hill called FBM in 2 weeks. Please be safe on your drive over to the Reservation I look forward to seeing the game. 

Well said and this will be the first true test  for wos like last year. I was pulling hard for you guys in the state championship last year. I was graduating that night from lamar and I was watching the game so much, that I almost didn't hear my row call to stand up. What can I say football is life. 

PNG has played PAM and BU. Seems like they're gearing up for something. And now playing down to a much smaller team. We welcome the challenge as always. Just remember this ain't last year. No rookies out there this time. No excuses. Let go Mustangs!

Reservation will be rocking the purple. Or is it a pink out game?

Haven't been to a game there since 2015. WOS 28 - PNG 14. That was good one. A good year for Mustangs too.

112% 🧢

It is always beneficial for PNG to play programs like WOS in football.  The Mustang drive to excellence & their incredible athleticism will help prepare the Indians for a tough district.  Looking forward to a phenomenal game Friday at The Reservation. 

INDIAN PRIDE FROM SIDE TO SIDE!

The Mustangs have had success running it. Itll be interesting to see if we can rely on Turners arm when the run isn't working. I believe he'll have to sling it against PNG. I don't think we're going to see the success on the ground we have the first two and PNG gon score. We won't stop them in our new, normal.

PNG won't shoot themselves in the foot the way LCM did.

29 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

The Mustangs have had success running it. Itll be interesting to see if we can rely on Turners arm when the run isn't working. I believe he'll have to sling it against PNG. I don't think we're going to see the success on the ground we have the first two and PNG gon score. We won't stop them in our new, normal.

PNG won't shoot themselves in the foot the way LCM did.

Yes you are correct. PNG have playmakers from last year's team. #11 comes to mind, but I'm sure they have others who will step up and make plays on a given. The Mustangs' will have stop getting in their own way. (limit the penalties) Our safeties should play for the ball and makes plays. their receivers will burn us it won't be enough to just rush their QB.

4 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

Yes you are correct. PNG have playmakers from last year's team. #11 comes to mind, but I'm sure they have others who will step up and make plays on a given. The Mustangs' will have stop getting in their own way. (limit the penalties) Our safeties should play for the ball and makes plays. their receivers will burn us it won't be enough to just rush their QB.

I've been told we may have the fastest group of DBs in SETX. But if they don't get it together this week and start playing better coverage, PNG's staff will see it and exploit the weakest link. LINKS?!?

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I've been told we may have the fastest group of DBs in SETX. But if they don't get it together this week and start playing better coverage, PNG's staff will see it and exploit the weakest link. LINKS?!?

I will have to say P.A. will give WOS a run for fastest\ best group of DB's in SETX.