PNG vs WOS Game Week Discussion

Rez Ipsa

Who wins?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• West Orange-Stark
    • Port Neches-Groves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2023 at 12:00 AM

12 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

Yes you are correct. PNG have playmakers from last year's team. #11 comes to mind, but I'm sure they have others who will step up and make plays on a given. The Mustangs' will have stop getting in their own way. (limit the penalties) Our safeties should play for the ball and makes plays. their receivers will burn us it won't be enough to just rush their QB.

#11 Cole Crippen QB from last year graduated. #11 this year is PN-G's top WR hes like 6'4" with other wr #80 being like 6'4" too. Now #19 Shea Adams is back who was the wildcat qb last year, this year he is main qb. Nice backfield with Isiah #33 or #29 dont remember and Blair #15 behind the big O-Line

12 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

Yes you are correct. PNG have playmakers from last year's team. #11 comes to mind, but I'm sure they have others who will step up and make plays on a given. The Mustangs' will have stop getting in their own way. (limit the penalties) Our safeties should play for the ball and makes plays. their receivers will burn us it won't be enough to just rush their QB.

#11 Cole Crippen QB from last year graduated. #11 this year is PN-G's top WR hes like 6'4" with other wr #80 being like 6'4" too. Now #19 Shea Adams is back who was the wildcat qb last year, this year he is main qb. Nice backfield with Isiah #33 or #29 dont remember and Blair #15 behind the big O-Line

On 9/2/2023 at 3:43 PM, monknuk68 said:

To me it will come down to defense. The team that plays all four quarters will probably win. West Orange really needs to establish the old fear of a good defense. The problem is this coach does not seem favor defense over offense. WOS 28- PNG 20

Understand, he was the DC at WOS and Silsbee. He played D in college. He is a defensive coach. Try again. 

6 hours ago, Davidp0403 said:

Yep, these guys are playmakers. #33 is really good. 

This is the hidden content, please

This game has two teams that have really great traditions over the years. PNG knows they are facing a formidable foe, WOS knows that winning this one will go a long way restoring their place at the top. Kind of like David vs Goliath, but PNG should have too much depth and be able to wear down the Stangs.  Hope both teams best of luck and an injury free game…..

On 9/4/2023 at 6:07 AM, SmashMouth said:

No one mentioned “best”, but I would think a 6A team should definitely be able to have matching speed with a 4A D2 school. 

I mentioned "best" because the P.A. DB's are the best overall secondary in "SETX" from 1A to 6A. WOS also has a solid secondary, no one said they didn't.

I have PNG taking this one. I do not always say or agree with what I am about to say, but I see the larger school playing a role in this game Friday. No shame in it, but I think more depth and most likely being bigger upfront will play a difference. I'm a Newton guy, and the bigger team may play a factor against Newton Next week also (WOS vs Newton). Time will tell. However, I am rooting for the smaller team here. Go WOS!

2 hours ago, Bring back the 50 defense said:

Will they be a stream 

I believe so. PNG athletics page shows that even the freshman and JV will be broadcast. Hopefully PNGs fans can confirm this. 92.5 for audio only as well.

4 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I believe so. PNG athletics page shows that even the freshman and JV will be broadcast. Hopefully PNGs fans can confirm this. 92.5 for audio only as well.

NDNPress has a lot of sideline coverage, but good information.  92.5 FM is your best bet to listen to the game as it happens.