Put some respeck on Wville

Franklin played like crap and kept the game close for Woodville. Woodville is a good team yes. But like you can't have 5 or 6 fumbles and expect to beat good teams. Most all unforced turnovers. We couldn't get out of our own way. If we clean up the small things here and there. Then no one will run off on them. Top teams find a way to win even with 5 or so turnovers. Good luck down the road. Both only going to get better.

4 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin played like crap and kept the game close for Woodville. Woodville is a good team yes. But like you can't have 5 or 6 fumbles and expect to beat good teams. Most all unforced turnovers. We couldn't get out of our own way. If we clean up the small things here and there. Then no one will run off on them. Top teams find a way to win even with 5 or so turnovers. Good luck down the road. Both only going to get better.

Franklin had 4 fumbles if I remember correctly but yes that's a lot. 3 were unforced. Of those 3 Woodville got a scoop and score on one, recovered one near the 15 and the offense drove 85 yards down the field in like 5 or 6 plays, and ended up not scoring on the last one. Yes Franklin is obviously a great team to win despite that. Woodville is looking very good too considering there were 1 or 2 key guys from the defense missing. 

37 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Franklin had 4 fumbles if I remember correctly but yes that's a lot. 3 were unforced. Of those 3 Woodville got a scoop and score on one, recovered one near the 15 and the offense drove 85 yards down the field in like 5 or 6 plays, and ended up not scoring on the last one. Yes Franklin is obviously a great team to win despite that. Woodville is looking very good too considering there were 1 or 2 key guys from the defense missing. 

A few players from Woodville’s D were missing? Hmm that’s interesting and quite impressive considering that. Are these major injuries or will they be back before district? On another note, what’s up with those decisions/offensive formations on 3rd and 4th downs with only a few yards to gain a 1st down? You would think that the QB would take it upon himself to check into a QB sneak, power I, etc but hey, I guess that’s a topic for another time right? 

5 minutes ago, jds82 said:

A few players from Woodville’s D were missing? Hmm that’s interesting and quite impressive considering that. Are these major injuries or will they be back before district? On another note, what’s up with those decisions/offensive formations on 3rd and 4th downs with only a few yards to gain a 1st down? You would think that the QB would take it upon himself to check into a QB sneak, power I, etc but hey, I guess that’s a topic for another time right? 

Starting DT was out. Not sure on the details of his injury but I believe he's been dealing with it since last season and is scheduled to return this season. Seen another Woodville fan post something about a MRI or something under another post. I didn't see our all district CB from last year either. Not sure if he's injured or what's going on with that. Maybe I missed him since some players changed their numbers 

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

2 scoop and 2 scores. One was fumbled on the reverse (unforced) and returned for a td and the other was batted backwards that was also a scoop score. I believe we had 5 fumbles 4 ended up turning into points for Woodville. I'm going to go back and rewatch the game if possible

1 minute ago, lionpride08 said:

2 scoop and 2 scores. One was fumbled on the reverse (unforced) and returned for a td and the other was batted backwards that was also a scoop score. I believe we had 5 fumbles 4 ended up turning into points for Woodville. I'm going to go back and rewatch the game if possible

One of those scoop and scores wasn't "unforced". Infact it wasn't exactly a "scoop n score". It was almost like an interception. Franklin was attempting some type of hb toss or something but our OLB penetrated the backfield, read the play, picked off the toss, and took it to the house. That was a very good defensive play. Not a "unforced turnover". Our LB core is pretty good and has been doing that type of stuff since I've seen them play. 

2 hours ago, Setx fan said:

One of those scoop and scores wasn't "unforced". Infact it wasn't exactly a "scoop n score". It was almost like an interception. Franklin was attempting some type of hb toss or something but our OLB penetrated the backfield, read the play, picked off the toss, and took it to the house. That was a very good defensive play. Not a "unforced turnover". Our LB core is pretty good and has been doing that type of stuff since I've seen them play. 

You are correct it was a forced turnover but it was knocked to the ground and picked up for the return. He did not catch it so I called it a scoop and score. No matter how we put it. way to many turnovers kept life and Woodville in the game. Franklin has a target on their backs and we will get the best from everyone. I'm also willing to bet that everyone plays their best game of the season against us.

49 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

You are correct it was a forced turnover but it was knocked to the ground and picked up for the return. He did not catch it so I called it a scoop and score. No matter how we put it. way to many turnovers kept life and Woodville in the game. Franklin has a target on their backs and we will get the best from everyone. I'm also willing to bet that everyone plays their best game of the season against us.

Understood. I was just adding to some clarity to the slightly tainted narrative you were painting rather you realized it or not 

5 hours ago, Setx fan said:

I am surprised the official didnt get blamed for the loss.....

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

Understood. I was just adding to some clarity to the slightly tainted narrative you were painting rather you realized it or not 

I do think Woodville is a good team but I also think Franklin kept Woodville in the game with self inflected plays. Did Woodville force some turnovers... yes but they didn't need any help from Franklin either who was making big mistakes left and right. Maybe we will meet up again down the road when both are better and more polished. After all this was only week 1 with lots of football left. Both will learn and get better from this game.

No one worth being respected asks for it or tells everyone that he deserves it. I wish people were more self-aware so that these things wouldn't need to be pointed out all the time. 

Now - That was a really good game from everything that I've seen and heard. Both teams are primed for great seasons.