Silsbee vs Vidor

BADSANTA

1 hour ago, VidorPirate said:

hate to say it, but the Pirates don't have a chance friday.

So, Vidor shouldn't make the drive...forfeit? It's an uphill battle with slim to none chances and yes, Silsbee is more than HEAVILY favored but there's always a chance.  Vidor will have to play a perfect game, hope for a couple mistakes by Silsbee and capitalize on those mistakes.  I know that Vidor's chance of winning is less than 1%...; much less lol... but I'll NEVER udder the words "no chance".

Play keep away, no turnovers, penalties to the bare minimum, and good special teams play.... never know!

1 hour ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

So, Vidor shouldn't make the drive...forfeit? It's an uphill battle with slim to none chances and yes, Silsbee is more than HEAVILY favored but there's always a chance.  Vidor will have to play a perfect game, hope for a couple mistakes by Silsbee and capitalize on those mistakes.  I know that Vidor's chance of winning is less than 1%...; much less lol... but I'll NEVER udder the words "no chance".

Play keep away, no turnovers, penalties to the bare minimum, and good special teams play.... never know!

the Pirates will make the trip and play hard, that's not in question.  you are right, always a chance. 

28 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

His coach sounds sour to me. Smh. Why hold a kids future back? Was this Westbrook Head Coach?

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Johnson will not be eligible until Nov. 6. His former coach would not sign off on his PAPF.

He's not the only one from WB he hasn't signed off on currently. 

And yes Santa I agree, he comes off as sour. 

16 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

I'm sure this coach doesn't have a problem accepting athletes from other schools.

Silsbee athletics suffered a huge loss in girls basketball to West Brook, but you don't see us acting like little babies over it.

I believe It’s different rules when a middle school entering high school moves right @AggiesAreWe ?

16 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

I believe It’s different rules when a middle school entering high school moves right @AggiesAreWe ?

It's all about establishing legal residency.

Middle school is not considered because it's not a UIL varsity sport.

West Brook did not sign off on Johnson because legal residency had not been established. Johnson transferred but his siblings stayed back at West Brook. It's why he is not eligible until Nov. 6.

Moshier is eligible because his family moved to Silsbee from San Antonio.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It's all about establishing legal residency.

Middle school is not considered because it's not a UIL varsity sport.

West Brook did not sign off on Johnson because legal residency had not been established. Johnson transferred but his siblings stayed back at West Brook. It's why he is not eligible until Nov. 6.

Moshier is eligible because his family moved to Silsbee from San Antonio.

I understand that but its not like Silsbee and Westbrook are in the same district or classification. These head coaches are acting like babies when kids transfer. If that family wants to move to another school, so be it. Silsbee has lost  kids to Beaumont and Kountze in the past. The Westbrook head coach is in his feelings it seems. 

1 minute ago, BADSANTA said:

I understand that but its not like Silsbee and Westbrook are in the same district or classification. These head coaches are acting like babies when kids transfer. If that family wants to move to another school, so be it. Silsbee has lot kids to Beaumont and Kountze in the past. The Westbrook head coach is in his feelings it seems. 

That's the thing, the family didn't initially move to Silsbee. Just the young man transferred in. It was then deemed "transferred for athletic reasons" so he had to sit a year. IMO, a coach has a responsibility to abide by policy and in good conscious not sign off if it violates UIL policy.

The young man is just a soph. He transferred in as a freshman. He has plenty of time to play varsity sports at Silsbee.

11 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That's the thing, the family didn't initially move to Silsbee. Just the young man transferred in. It was then deemed "transferred for athletic reasons" so he had to sit a year. IMO, a coach has a responsibility to abide by policy and in good conscious not sign off if it violates UIL policy.

The young man is just a soph. He transferred in as a freshman. He has plenty of time to play varsity sports at Silsbee.

If they don't abide by the PAPF policy, we would have kids jumping to the next school anytime their parents get mad at a coach, they don't get the playing time or position they want, or they want to be at a stronger program. There isn't a transfer portal in high school and for good reason. It's not usually a problem in small town USA but in the city when a different school is one block over, it's a huge issue. 

Now if a parent truly moves into the district, then by all means, let the kid play. We won't talk about those schools who hire mom or dad just so junior can come play. It happens. 

14 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I understand that but its not like Silsbee and Westbrook are in the same district or classification. These head coaches are acting like babies when kids transfer. If that family wants to move to another school, so be it. Silsbee has lost  kids to Beaumont and Kountze in the past. The Westbrook head coach is in his feelings it seems. 

Might be wrong here, but I was told its possible that coach was told by someone higher up, not to sign off on transfer. Trying to discourage or slow down the kids leaving Beaumont ISD schools.

24 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

Might be wrong here, but I was told its possible that coach was told by someone higher up, not to sign off on transfer. Trying to discourage or slow down the kids leaving Beaumont ISD schools.

Not a good look IMO. 

Yeah, I don't think that'll work in the long run. People will just plan better in advance in the future.

Not to mention, what if a kid thought about going back to their original school? You think I'm going back now after whoever is responsible cost me a year or two of playing varsity. No way. That's the last place I'd ever return to.

I really wish that proposal that let a kid transfer one time for any reason had passed.

31 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Yeah, I don't think that'll work in the long run. People will just plan better in advance in the future.

Not to mention, what if a kid thought about going back to their original school? You think I'm going back now after whoever is responsible cost me a year or two of playing varsity. No way. That's the last place I'd ever return to.

I really wish that proposal that let a kid transfer one time for any reason had passed.

That's not on the coach if the student transferred for athletic reasons and didn't establish legal residency. The student missing a year or so of varsity play would be on him and his family.