DuBois named Vidor new AD/Head Football Coach

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to DuBois named Vidor new AD/Head Football Coach

Btw, for those of you that think the Slot T is boring, you must not have seen the 32 Wham out of the “I” formation from Coach Brown.  Personally I thought the world of him, but his play calling left a lot to be desired.

My son played OT & DT as did the other tackle (1986 I think).  Both ended up joining the Marines.  Figured the jarheads couldn’t throw anything at them they hadn’t already seen. On a side note, they were some of the first troops to land and met each other on the tarmac in Saudi, and was in Desert Storm.  Other young man passed away over a year ago.

16 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

But.. but.. he's not elite..

But when the Pirates go to Regional next year, there’ll be a bronze statue of him on Main Street.  
😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️😂😂😂

All seriousness Coach, best of luck to you.  Heard you have a great bunch of Sophs, soon to be Juniors.  Make winners out of them.

1 hour ago, VHS73 said:

Applicants for Vidor HC/AD:
Robert Deshazo-Lumberton
Milton Dwayne Dubois- retired former Vidor, BC, HJ
Ricklan Holmes-Tyler
Bruce Munden-Eureka Kansas
Robie Robbins-Rockport-Fulton DC
Jake Smith-HC Hardin
Michael Trahan-Vidor OC

So out if that list, did the best candidate get the job? 🚬 

It is a buddy system hire but he will do better than Mathews. He was the one responsible for  Mathews most successful seasons. Mathews would never recommend  a great coach because it would give the fans something to compare his career to. Control Freak !!

I wish VISD would have explored the best possible candidates and that they would lose the mindset that Vidor can't run anything else but the Slot-T. It  only had  a 50% winning percentage there but it's a culture thing

11 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

It is a buddy system hire but he will do better than Mathews. He was the one responsible for  Mathews most successful seasons. Mathews would never recommend  a great coach because it would give the fans something to compare his career to. Control Freak !!

I wish VISD would have explored the best possible candidates and that they would lose the mindset that Vidor can't run anything else but the Slot-T. It  only had  a 50% winning percentage there but it's a culture thing

Interesting thought!

1 hour ago, VHS73 said:

Applicants for Vidor HC/AD:
Robert Deshazo-Lumberton
Milton Dwayne Dubois- retired former Vidor, BC, HJ
Ricklan Holmes-Tyler
Bruce Munden-Eureka Kansas
Robie Robbins-Rockport-Fulton DC
Jake Smith-HC Hardin
Michael Trahan-Vidor OC

That's it? Maybe the guy from Kansas should have gotten a closer look. That flying broom offense would have changed everything.