****PN-G(42)**** vs. Liberty Hill(14) *****PNG Advances to State*****

PN-G bamatex

54 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Welcome aboard...happy to send you as much purple gear as you want.  We could use some great Mustang mojo on our side.

With only one team left from SETX, Mustang nation is in full support mode. Jump ship... I cannot. I've sat on yalls side at marching contest. Just didn't feel right. If I could I'd be there Friday. Early enough to get good seat in the middle of that sea of purple. 

23 hours ago, Indians93 said:

I don't disagree that they will have their hands full but neither line of theirs looks big to me.  They look small and quick.

Hello PNG fans , LH fan here .True Indian93 I hear you and I have thought the same thing many times . It still amazes me but this system Coach Vance brought here yrs ago has given the kids away to be competitive and they and the whole town bought into it . They run slot T from peewee league up through high school and now it's became LH's football identity .  I think you got it right with they are quick . 

This is the hidden content, please

Some interesting history regarding the Slot-T system Coach Vance has implemented at Liberty Hill. Veteran PN-G Indian fans will recognize a name on that list of Coach Vance's Slot-T mentors. Makes for an unexpected connection between these two teams.

On 12/5/2022 at 8:42 AM, TradenupBH said:

Lol, This game would/ve had 25k plus for a 5th round game involving PNG.

You think so? That is a ton of people. Hell maybe it would. IDK. Just IMO smaller venue, packed stands, right on top of the action, seems like a better feel just IMO. Look up and see NO empty seats. 

19 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

Had a buddy of mine ask me to post this. If PNG should win this game and move on to the State game, that PNG should wear the 89' uniforms, says they were PNGs best ever uniforms. What yall think Indian Nation

Those were awesome uniforms.  Zig Zag on sleeves & pants.  You're buddy is right, but we will wear what we have & play how we need to play!!!

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I remember those. Great game for the DC that year too. #7 @ #1 WOS 25-20. We lost the next week though. Funny how things happen sometimes. @ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING

Also noticed even the DBs looked like FBs and LBs with those pads.

I was at that game as well.   Ol Mustang Stadium, was packed!   Went back n forth.   I remember PNG scored on a fake field goal, I believe, with Keith Waguespack, their all-American kicker.

Who did WOS lose to the 1st round?   CE King?

PNG beat Crosby the 1st round, then beat a very talented Jasper team the 2nd round.

7 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

I was at that game as well.   Ol Mustang Stadium, was packed!   Went back n forth.   I remember PNG scored on a fake field goal, I believe, with Keith Waguespack, their all-American kicker.

PNG beat Crosby the 1st round, then beat a very talented Jasper team the 2nd round.

I'll never forget that name. He's the best HS kicker I've ever seen. Went on to a&m and then med school.

That was the 1st of 3 straight 1st round losses to CE King. All at Rice I believe. We've never been back.

30 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

Lcm tied ce king that year 0 - 0

"Confidence is a bull fighter that goes in the ring with mustard on his sword." - IDK who said it

Personally I prefer A1.

Big difference between confidence and arrogance. These guys got it right. Some people just have that winning mentality built into their blood. Son of a coach... 🤔 

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to ****PN-G(42)**** vs. Liberty Hill(14) *****PNG Advances to State*****
  • WOSdrummer99 locked this topic