****PN-G(42)**** vs. Liberty Hill(14) *****PNG Advances to State*****

PN-G bamatex

1 hour ago, crazycowboyfam said:

One thing I've seen from PNG this year is that coach of there has them prepared. So I'm sure it will be a slug fest

Hopefully the PNG coaches will have the JVs or whoever runs the opposing team's plays for the defense, sprinting from the huddle to the line all week in practice. 

30 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

That’s still not big. I’ve been to the stadium. Most HS stadiums of 5A/6A hold that much. It’s just newer and fancy😂

historically, 5th round for PNG, they could easily bring 15 k folks. That’s all I’m saying.

Oh no doubt, tbh if it was at NRG i wouldn’t be shocked if png brought 25-30k people. It’s very fancy.. I was really hoping this game was going to be at UofH tbh I haven’t been to that stadium yet. Lol 

12 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Oh no doubt, tbh if it was at NRG i wouldn’t be shocked if png brought 25-30k people. It’s very fancy.. I was really hoping this game was going to be at UofH tbh I haven’t been to that stadium yet. Lol 

U of H is a good place to watch a game. Went there a few years back watched Dickinson and somebody play. Not a bad seat in stadium.

18 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

What did png do to adjust after the memorial blowut lose that has them playing successfully and in the state semi finals

We started getting in full weeks of practice, for one, and the kids acclimated to the new system. People forget that the Memorial game was the first game under a new head coach who wasn’t able to get in all the practice he wanted due to the weather leading up to that game.

There were a lot of people, including a few on this site, that doubted the new coach after that game. What did I tell y’all then? Be patient.

Patience is paying big dividends right now.

42 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

What did png do to adjust after the memorial blowut lose that has them playing successfully and in the state semi finals

(1) First game with a new coach; (2) early mistakes threw off their whole game plan, and they weren’t able to respond mentally; (3) Port Arthur came in with a well-oiled machine under an established coach and a lot of returning starters that was ranked in the top ten in 5aD1, perfectly set for taking advantage of every single mistake and matchup problem (of which there were several).  

The loss looked better and better as the season went on and PAM beat a lot of really good teams. But for the misfortune of having to play Longview in their region, PAM might still be in the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

We started getting in full weeks of practice, for one, and the kids acclimated to the new system. People forget that the Memorial game was the first game under a new head coach who wasn’t able to get in all the practice he wanted due to the weather leading up to that game.

There were a lot of people, including a few on this site, that doubted the new coach after that game. What did I tell y’all then? Be patient.

Patience is paying big dividends right now.

I said the same thing. New system etc. Needed to give him time. Exceeded my expectations tremendously. 

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to ****PN-G(42)**** vs. Liberty Hill(14) *****PNG Advances to State*****
  • WOSdrummer99 locked this topic