Why does Woodville never get any respect???

Woodvillian1980

Here’s the real reason:

Nobody likes Woodville.
Never have.

Don’t ask why, just understand that nobody likes Woodville. Pissing and moaning and begging for attention just makes it worse.

You wanna know the best way to change people’s dislike for Woodville? You can’t. Just embrace that nobody likes you and keep on truckin’. 

Signed, 

Smashmouth, a lonely Raider fan. 

P. S. I’ve never liked Woodville either, but I will root for y’all if you play a team I’ve never heard of. 

Because you have not won an outright district title in how long? You have shared the district title the last few years. This year you claim a share of the title only because Diboll had a loss to Shepherd, at least last year you beat EC, which beat Anahuac and then when you had a chance to win it outright, well everyone saw how that went. You go 1 maybe 2 rounds deep. Finally, you come on here beating your chest about "this is the year..." 

3 hours ago, bulldog16 said:

Because you have not won an outright district title in how long? You have shared the district title the last few years. This year you claim a share of the title only because Diboll had a loss to Shepherd, at least last year you beat EC, which beat Anahuac and then when you had a chance to win it outright, well everyone saw how that went. You go 1 maybe 2 rounds deep. Finally, you come on here beating your chest about "this is the year..." 

No one said this is the year. I specifically said that in the coming years Ville is gonna be a force and some laughed. No one is bragging. Just saying they dont get the coverage that some get and questioning why.  Respect and bragging are two different things. Look it up!! Also you have to be in it to get a share of the title...smh.

3 minutes ago, Woodvillian1980 said:

No one said this is the year. I specifically said that in the coming years Ville is gonna be a force and some laughed. No one is bragging. Just saying they dont get the coverage that some get and questioning why.  Respect and bragging are two different things. Look it up!! Also you have to be in it to get a share of the title...smh.

And for the record beat Whack 27-22 last we played

3 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

Congrats on your second place finish in your district!!!!!!

Good luck in the playoffs. 

Ok Mr 33-7 L to Woodville this yr!!! 😆

5 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Here’s the real reason:

Nobody likes Woodville.
Never have.

Don’t ask why, just understand that nobody likes Woodville. Pissing and moaning and begging for attention just makes it worse.

You wanna know the best way to change people’s dislike for Woodville? You can’t. Just embrace that nobody likes you and keep on truckin’. 

Signed, 

P. S. I’ve never liked Woodville either, but I will root for y’all if you play a team I’ve never heard of. 

Clearly we have some that dont understand the topic at hand, you can hate all you want, but its about coverage of a two loss team. I guess some cant understand why the program here is so well rounded it seems...smh... but you guys can continue to make assumptions!! There is clearly no comprehension on the topic presented.

8 minutes ago, Woodvillian1980 said:

Clearly we have some that dont understand the topic at hand, you can hate all you want, but its about coverage of a two loss team. I guess some cant understand why the program here is so well rounded it seems...smh... but you guys can continue to make assumptions!! There is clearly no comprehension on the topic presented.

Seems no one comprehends what you're saying, because no one understands what you're wanting.  

5 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Would you like that to be the headline on the Beaumont Enterprise Sunday? 

Second place Woodville beat District Champions Orangefield in pre-season. 

Uhmmm by no means because that was just another week.🤐 We only lost to the number 1 team in the state by 10 who won state last year who came down and put a whoopin on Jasper, not to mention other games, but we are not in the conversation is all im saying.

14 minutes ago, Woodvillian1980 said:

Uhmmm by no means because that was just another week.🤐 We only lost to the number 1 team in the state by 10 who won state last year who came down and put a whoopin on Jasper, not to mention other games, but we are not in the conversation is all im saying.

What conversation do you want to be in? I’m really confused. You had a good season, you’re going to the playoffs, if you go a couple rounds deep you’ll get some love. That’s how it works lol

Woodville doesn’t get respect because no one notices Woodville. Woodville doesn’t get disliked either. Woodville doesn’t inspire any opinions from anyone. Woodville is the candy corn of SETX football. Someone might not hate candy corn, but they’re also not asking “Who forgot to buy candy corn?” if there’s no candy corn at the party. Be more interesting. 

6 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Here’s the real reason:

Nobody likes Woodville.
Never have.

Signed, 

1 hour ago, Woodvillian1980 said:but we are not in the conversation is all im saying.

…but we are not in the conversation is all im saying.

Read my original post above. It is what it is. Rez Ipsa said it too. Y’all are the candy corn in the goody bag of life. You get thrown in the trash once the good stuff has been consumed. You might as well be Evadale. 

1 hour ago, Woodvillian1980 said:

Hold on a minute. You say you "only lost by 10" to Franklin but then say Franklin put a "whoopin" on Jasper. Jasper lost to Franklin by 6. So by your logic, Franklin completely destroyed Woodville.

Seem to be talking out the side of your mouth.

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Hold on a minute. You say you "only lost by 10" to Franklin but then say Franklin put a "whoopin" on Jasper. Jasper lost to Franklin by 6. So by your logic, Franklin completely destroyed Woodville.

Seem to be talking out the side of your mouth.

It’s a cry for help… a plea for attention. Go easy. He just needs a hug. 

22 hours ago, Woodvillian1980 said:

IJS....beat Newton 7-2...smh..

Thats ok...

We have a squads about to come up for the next 7 years!!!

Woodville gets the respect deserved based on what is accomplished from most sensible people. Really haven't done much to get the type of recognition I think your asking for though. Hopefully this group or one of the following groups reaches their full potential which hasn't happened yet in my opinion. Then there might be a little more recognition. Might not ever get what your hoping for though. It's really all about these kids having fun and being great to make the community proud. Not about outside recognition