Silsbee vs Bridge City

BADSANTA

11 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Does BC still run the wing-t? They went 2 -3 rounds deep 3 or 4 years ago and beat Silsbee in Bridge City. 

No… they ran the t in 15-17. The coach after that for 18-20 had some other scheme and the new guy has run a spread in 21-22. 

i think we’re best suited for a slot t type offense and I would have like to see a little more passing game out of the formation that we had previously. We’ve just never had the personnel to run a spread and I don’t see that changing. 

10 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

No… they ran the t in 15-17. The coach after that for 18-20 had some other scheme and the new guy has run a spread in 21-22. 

i think we’re best suited for a slot t type offense and I would have like to see a little more passing game out of the formation that we had previously. We’ve just never had the personnel to run a spread and I don’t see that changing. 

Yeah BC doesn't have alot of speed. Wing T is for teams who have strong OLs and strong running back. 

1 hour ago, DLivingston said:

Sadly, our boys have never had the consistency of a coach for more than 3-4 years. Scheme and program changes so often nothing can be built to sustain. Hopefully the parents and administration allow for some continuity and a culture to be instilled. Only time will tell

Oh, I'm worried that when they decide to stick with a guy, it won't be a good one.