Who has the better football programs THIS YEAR?

Who?   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

A Crosby person really has the nerve to insert themselves in this?  I think you need to disassociate yourself from this asap.

Hmm.  Not really inserted into anything, just telling the truth.  I do enjoy reading the posts between United and WB fans on which team is worse though. 

41 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Hmm.  Not really inserted into anything, just telling the truth.  I do enjoy reading the posts between United and WB fans on which team is worse though. 

I remember a time when Crosby was the laughing stock of that district taking on the chin to Dayton and Barbers Hill.  Also, what’s Crosby’s record against Beaumont schools?  The school I originally supported is undefeated vs. the MECCA… But I do enjoy seeing your recent success though. 

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I remember a time when Crosby was the laughing stock of that district taking on the chin to Dayton and Barbers Hill.  Also, what’s Crosby’s record against Beaumont schools.  The school I originally supported is undefeated vs. the MECCA… But I do enjoy seeing your recent success though. 

Again, he polled the question, “Baytown vs. Beaumont, This Year”

Read it slowwww. In my opinion, and an overwhelming majority of others, Baytown has the better programs THIS YEAR.  You brought Crosby into the equation, no one else.  

33 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Read it slowwww. In my opinion, and an overwhelming majority of others, Baytown has the better programs THIS YEAR.  You brought Crosby into the equation, no one else.  

His original question didn’t include THIS YEAR.  So I did answer it and the answer was BISD.  He knows that so he then modified his post to poke fun at BISD, Which is cool.  I’ve already told him to get his giggles in.  But if PAM does not get past the first round, he knows I will be on his arse for a whole year.  Karma has a twisted sense of humor.  

46 minutes ago, CCRed said:

I can honestly say that I have never considered a single year to be a “good program”. 

40 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I can honestly say that I have never considered a single year to be a “good program”. 

I agree. Even going 10-0 in a local district does not necessarily constitute a "good program" unless one purposely takes an exceedingly myopic view. You have to consider the local "competition". If a program really wants recognition, they need multiple 3rd round plus appearances spanning more than a year or two.  Newton, and formerly WOS are good local examples. WB and Crosby's success was fleeting (although Crosby is still quite alive this season).    

What does the future look like going forward for BISD football, and what is it going to take for them to be competitive?  How is the overall talent coming up, and how are the sub-varsity squads?

As I’ve said before, absolutely zero reason for those schools to be this pitiful.   Sad to see how far they’ve fallen so fast.   Same can be said for Lufkin and Cedar Hill.

15 hours ago, ThaGhost said:

I remember a BMT guy saying "Weak Brooke" would demolish the Titans!.....🤦🏾‍♂️

And there was a PAM fan that was scared to even reply to that comment to WB fans.  Conveniently waited to see how the season played out before taking pot shots.  But that’s how your TRILL brethren do I guess…

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And there was a PAM fan that was scared to even reply to that comment to WB fans.  Conveniently waited to see how the season played out before taking pot shots.  But that’s how your TRILL brethren do I guess…

He a midget. Anyway. Lol. We'll do what we do. 

On 10/16/2022 at 9:27 AM, MackLewis said:

What does the future look like going forward for BISD football, and what is it going to take for them to be competitive?  How is the overall talent coming up, and how are the sub-varsity squads?

As I’ve said before, absolutely zero reason for those schools to be this pitiful.   Sad to see how far they’ve fallen so fast.   Same can be said for Lufkin and Cedar Hill.

There are MANY reasons for the schools to be this pitiful. Competing against schools that get all of their players in the athletic period, have turfed practice facilities on campus they can use all year round, and have a massive advantage on numbers in the program makes a huge difference. WB and United are playing in the probably the most talented high school district in the State - and maybe even the entire country. That's not hyperbole either. The coaches in BISD have to teach 6 classes a day, get to be in only 1 of the football athletic periods, if they are lucky, and only get 5 days pay over the summer. Meanwhile, the coaches at the other schools in the district teach only a couple or a few classes, are in multiple athletic periods, and get 15-20 days payed for the summer - that money is a game changer bro. If you've never worked in coaching, or you have never had someone close work in coaching, you might not even understand what I am talking about, but it's a deal breaker many times for even getting coaches to come to BISD. Now, add on the culture/atmosphere/environment that the coaches (who are also teachers) have to spend their non football time in, and factor that into the equation as well. The student-athletes live and are molded by the same negative environment every single day.....