Will Anahuac lose a district game ?

On 9/21/2022 at 9:35 AM, 2wedge said:

Anahuac is much better than anyone is giving them credit for. They hung tight for three quarters with a Newton team who has a win over WOS this season, and handily beat the #9 team in the state, New Waverly, a couple of weeks ago. I expect them to roll through this district and by November, they will have garnered some attention state wide. Playoffs are always a crap shoot so we will see how that goes, but this is the beginning of the ascension for the Panthers. They have a Freshman QB, who may very well be the best QB in that district, and several sophomore skill players who are playing like seasoned vets. If you are a Panther fan, expect many deep runs and potential AT&T visits in the next 4 years. 

AP did it without their All-State senior running back too. And they are plagued by penalties each week. They were tri-district champs last year and now they have a legit QB who will be playing on Saturdays, and that analysis is based on him as a FRESHMEN. Before week 5 he had just under 1000 yards, 11 TDs 1 int. So my point is now they have an offense that can be carried by their star running back or now by their QB.

18 hours ago, speener1 said:

AP did it without their All-State senior running back too. And they are plagued by penalties each week. They were tri-district champs last year and now they have a legit QB who will be playing on Saturdays, and that analysis is based on him as a FRESHMEN. Before week 5 he had just under 1000 yards, 11 TDs 1 int. So my point is now they have an offense that can be carried by their star running back or now by their QB.

And the best opponents they will see all year were in those first 5 games. Sky is the limit.

Talent wise they should probably win out in district. If they lose, it might be because they beat themselves. With the talent they have, they are going to have adopt the mindset of frontrunner and play with poise and discipline. They have lacked that in the past. They will need to overcome that to take the next step and become dominant. They have the potential. 

29 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Talent wise they should probably win out in district. If they lose, it might be because they beat themselves. With the talent they have, they are going to have adopt the mindset of frontrunner and play with poise and discipline. They have lacked that in the past. They will need to overcome that to take the next step and become dominant. They have the potential. 

I thought they were co district champs just last year ?

16 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Anahuac head coach went and hired a coach who just happen to have a son  who was a freshman QB. Smart move coach.

The coach is more than qualified to hold any job on Anahuac's staff, including HC. He just happens to have son who is an excellent player. I'd say having top tier coaches as his dad and grandpa, who have raised him in field houses since his infancy has a little something to do with 5s ability. 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

The coach is more than qualified to hold any job on Anahuac's staff, including HC. He just happens to have son who is an excellent player. I'd say having top tier coaches as his dad and grandpa, who have raised him in field houses since his infancy has a little something to do with 5s ability. 

I fully agree. Coach Neece said he will be a D1 QB. 

4 hours ago, 2wedge said:

100% agree with this.  All very talented.    Not around this life all the time, but there are freshman our there spinning the ball like that?   Don’t see a reason why he can’t be top in nation and not just Texas.  I mean you tops in Texas.  Pretty much top in nation??   

58 minutes ago, forREALtho said:

100% agree with this.  All very talented.    Not around this life all the time, but there are freshman our there spinning the ball like that?   Don’t see a reason why he can’t be top in nation and not just Texas.  I mean you tops in Texas.  Pretty much top in nation??   

There are 2 Texas high school QBs in the Top 25 QBs for 247 recruiting rankings for this class

5 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

There are 2 Texas high school QBs in the Top 25 QBs for 247 recruiting rankings for this class

Correct.

Not knocking the young man, but when I watched him play vs. Newton, I was impressed with him as being a freshman, but not once did I think he could be a top 10 National QB.

Like you said, he's not even top 10 QB in the state for class of 2026.