Will Anahuac lose a district game ?

12 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I tried and tried to convey that here. I got jumped on.  

He actually had a pretty solid year for a sophomore starting in that district. I can assure you, it hasn't hurt his recruiting at all and that will only improve with the move back to the Wack. 

2 hours ago, 2wedge said:

He actually had a pretty solid year for a sophomore starting in that district. I can assure you, it hasn't hurt his recruiting at all and that will only improve with the move back to the Wack. 

It was no defence that hurt Rusk. Barrier’s stats were good.

3-3 in a 4A district, blown out 61-7 in first round. That is not greener grass. I am very glad he is back with AP. He can still have a good ride in 3A, if they don’t jump ship again. For his sake I hope the “he would start as a Freshman at Katy” some here hyped never comes back again.  

6 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

It was no defence that hurt Rusk. Barrier’s stats were good.

And the coaches at Rusk loved him. He would have been very successful if he had stayed at Rusk (but he would have dealt with Jett Suratt/KJ Edwards till he graduated).  

On 4/19/2024 at 9:09 AM, AP_5309 said:

Trotter signed a baseball scholarship and is only playing baseball from what I was told Tom Brady Barrier  moved back his mom got the elementary principal job and we are glad to have him back 🙌 we should be pretty solid  we also got another stud linebacker to go along side Tyler Kelly that moved in from  Crosby 

Who is Tyler Kelly?  Is he an incoming freshman?

13 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

And the coaches at Rusk loved him. He would have been very successful if he had stayed at Rusk (but he would have dealt with Jett Suratt/KJ Edwards till he graduated).  

I agree. And it didn’t have anything to do with the competition.  Rusk had other issues way greater. If they  wouldn’t have had those issues.  He still be in rusk. 

We (Newton) played Anahuac in 2022 when Barrier was a freshman and won 30-14. 
the game was closer than the final score showed because Barrier made the big difference. He is as advertised. Good luck coach Neese.   
P S: Do you wear your Newton Championship ring? 

On 5/3/2024 at 6:36 PM, 89Falcon said:

Honest question, are you referrring to him individually or the programs sucess? What would the sucess look like? They were 4th place and lost badly to the three teams ahead of them. They were one TD away from 5th place and no playoffs.     

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

Honest question, are you referrring to him individually or the programs sucess? What would the sucess look like? They were 4th place and lost badly to the three teams ahead of them. They were one TD away from 5th place and no playoffs.     

He played well and had the attention of every team in the district. They will be glad to see him go

16 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

He played well and had the attention of every team in the district. They will be glad to see him go

I am not asking about the other teams in that district. That was not the question. Are you referring to his success. or the Rusk programs sucess? And what would that look like? 

6 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Both. Individually and  of course the program would have benefited from him staying. I don’t think they had the talent the other top schools in that district had tho  also don’t think that would have mattered, their culture and environment was headed down hill. Unless there were some big changes this spring.  It was ridiculous. Any father would have took their son out of that situation.   

19 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Thats proof positive the grass was not greener at Rusk. It was a poor choice leaving Anahuac, a place where he was set to do very well. Let’s hope they don't make the same mistake and jump ship again.   

I don’t think was a poor choice or mistake to play in that competitive district in 4A D2 as a sophomore.  If the environment would have stayed positive, would still be there.  Doesn’t matter he is back in Anahuac for his last  2 years and still set to do well.  

15 minutes ago, LIBERTY82 said:

Why did he leave Hardin for Anahuac ?  Heard rumors but was not sure which was true.

Heard several different reasons.  They wouldn’t let him hire who he wanted to for assistants to get some help. And let’s be honest, it’s Hardin.  That prolly had something to do with it to. 

13 hours ago, forREALtho said:

I don’t think was a poor choice or mistake to play in that competitive district in 4A D2 as a sophomore.  If the environment would have stayed positive, would still be there.  Doesn’t matter he is back in Anahuac for his last  2 years and still set to do well.  

The fact that they moved back, and even back down a classification after one year says it all. You don't uproot your family and move halfway across the state for a 4A "if".    

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

The fact that they moved back, and even back down a classification after one year says it all. You don't uproot your family and move halfway across the state for a 4A "if".    

I don’t understand what you mean by “says it all”?   And rusk is not half way across the state and not uprooting your family.  So dramatic.   Maybe QB1 realized he did like it better in Anahuac and liked the people more.  Which is a good thing.  There never was an “if” moving to 4a. It just didn’t work out at that particular school 

On 5/4/2024 at 6:07 AM, CCRanch said:

Tyler Kelly is one of our linebackers probably best in the district kid has had one heck of a off season he lives in the weight room gonna be  fun watching him this year 

On 5/4/2024 at 6:07 AM, CCRanch said: