Is HS Football in Jeopardy

Hagar

Man, I do hate to post this, but is this increase in crime in our society threatening HS football?  Had a potential mass shooting situation at Everman HS in the Dallas area.  It was thwarted by a tip, and the alleged potential shooters were stopped just before they got to the stadium.

This is the hidden content, please

Then at a game in Maryland, the two teams got into a serious fight part way through the 3rd Qtr.  As you’d expect, it flowed into the stands as well.  The two teams football playing has been placed on hold as of now.

I sure hope actions like this don’t become the norm.  As a society we need to get our act together.

Everything in society is being threatened. The classic battle between good and evil. We still pray on the field before every game. It's something that has little affect on the outcome. But more affect on those student-athletes that participate. Sports can save many young men who otherwise wouldn't have that positive support group.

As a public school administrator, over the last few years, there have been a substantial increase in student infractions in all areas of discipline, in my opinion. Society, as a whole, is part of the problem. My hope and prayer is that our student athletes will stay focused and continue to be leaders on campuses. Unfortunately, we still have to deal with all the variables that have an effect on school sports. 

1 hour ago, wbfan said:

That name alone should have you banned.

Whoosh. Completely flew over your head.   

You don't even know what it means. Its technical based. I would explain it to you but... (deleted)

BTW it does not change the fact the country IS falling apart. Just look at the news. Here is one example:  

Edited by WOSdrummer99
Forum rules

It's been that way since the git-go; always been that way.  (But I think this mob mentality is getting worse, and more widespread.) 

I remember a co-worker that moved to SETX from the Newark New Jersey / Staten Island New York area back in the early '80s, and he was amazed that the HS football games here were at night. Their games up there were on weekday afternoons, or maybe Saturday morning. He really didn't give a direct answer when I asked why, but the inference was that it cut down on the violence and crime. These days I wonder if it makes any difference. 

15 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Things like this have been happening forever. Access to news 24/7 makes it seem like the world is ending.

High school football games have been shot up in mass shootings forever?

I kind of feel like even in the “old days” when we had three television channels, and they went off air at midnight, if several people would be shot at a high school football game, we would have heard about it. 

19 hours ago, Hagar said:

Man, I do hate to post this, but is this increase in crime in our society threatening HS football?  Had a potential mass shooting situation at Everman HS in the Dallas area.  It was thwarted by a tip, and the alleged potential shooters were stopped just before they got to the stadium.

Then at a game in Maryland, the two teams got into a serious fight part way through the 3rd Qtr.  As you’d expect, it flowed into the stands as well.  The two teams football playing has been placed on hold as of now.

I sure hope actions like this don’t become the norm.  As a society we need to get our act together.

In a way I think they have already become the norm.

As WOSdrummer99 said, it is a classic battle between good and evil. The main problem today is that the evil has been made main stream.  Now it seems fashionable to side with evil for political reasons.

This isn’t about HS football though and it just happened to be the venue for this incident.

Society is the problem. I have posted many times in several forums, when you lock down the schools, a person intent on evil will simply change his target or find another way to hit the same target. 

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

It has a negative connotation by being used mostly in conjunction with "white/black/any race"

an advocate of racial or cultural 

WOS drummer.  May I ask where you got that definition?  It appears to be something the "thought police" at Merriam-Webster thought up. 

I think of the Church of England first.  Not racism or cultural division. It's conditioning.

Hell, we have people trying to ban the term master bedroom.  We have become a society of sticks and stones in the streets get no bail needed, but words well....they are evil and people should be canceled.  

23 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

WOS drummer.  May I ask where you got that definition?  It appears to be something the "thought police" at Merriam-Webster thought up. 

I think of the Church of England first.  Not racism or cultural division. It's conditioning.

Hell, we have people trying to ban the term master bedroom.  We have become a society of sticks and stones in the streets get no bail needed, but words well....they are evil and people should be canceled.  

The context led some to believe it had a racial slant.

There's only a few words that should be banned. George Carlin only said the good ones. No way he wanted to be canceled.

Wait, how did yall get me in the political forum?

Deuces 

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The context led some to believe it had a racial slant.

There's only a few words that should be banned. George Carlin only said the good ones. No way he wanted to be canceled.

Wait, how did yall get me in the political forum?

Deuces 

You went political.  I win!!  Have a good day. 

5 hours ago, tvc184 said:

In a way I think they have already become the norm.

As WOSdrummer99 said, it is a classic battle between good and evil. The main problem today is that the evil has been made main stream.  Now it seems fashionable to side with evil for political reasons.

This isn’t about HS football though and it just happened to be the venue for this incident.

Society is the problem. I have posted many times in several forums, when you lock down the schools, a person intent on evil will simply change his target or find another way to hit the same target. 

I agree.....while I hate to make this political (as I make this political...), when the current administration basically calls concerned parents showing up at school board meetings domestic terrorist.....it basically takes parenting out of the schools..... 

9 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

I agree.....while I hate to make this political (as I make this political...), when the current administration basically calls concerned parents showing up at school board meetings domestic terrorist.....it basically takes parenting out of the schools..... 

Those "concerned parents" want to keep MLK, Maya Angelou and other Black authors and historical figures from being taught or having their books in libraries.

Those "concerned parents" want to bring their racist nonsense into the schools.

13 minutes ago, wbfan said:

Those "concerned parents" want to keep MLK, Maya Angelou and other Black authors and historical figures from being taught or having their books in libraries.

Those "concerned parents" want to bring their racist nonsense into the schools.

Are these the same concerned parents wanting the Civil War and its key figures not being taught in school?  

2 minutes ago, wbfan said:

No, but they are the same parents who worship and glorify them. 

Do you know them personally?

what we do know is exactly what @thetragichippymentioned. Parents have been labeled as domestic terrorist, because their OWN KIDS are being taught from  inappropriate books.  I haven’t heard one word about people wanting MLK removed.

only person I worship is God Almighty I could really careless about history figures from civil war….we can learn from history, but the actual people I could careless about.

7 minutes ago, wbfan said:

No, but they are the same parents who worship and glorify them. 

You are beyond wrong and you know it.  You are making a false claim.  As someone that has taught history, not once has anyone called for these individuals not to be discissed and admired.  You are stating a flat out lie and you know it.  

Create division and vilify is all both statements you have made are designed to do.  

28 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Some want history, good or bad, to be a one way street.  Seems you are one of those.

I know your profile picture alone tells me that you're a bad person. You stand for hating minorities, hating gay people and worshipping a reality TV star who has committed so many horrific crimes that theres too many to name.