Buna HC reassigned

PhatMack19

46 minutes ago, Balanor said:

And when a coach is telling his kids to "hurry hurry hurry, run run, line up" on a running clock, up 30+ points just to score a 2 point conversion after a touchdown with 12 seconds left, that's trying to "run it up".  Convince me otherwise, please.

I heard about this situation as well. Completely unnecessary.

1 hour ago, Balanor said:

And when a coach is telling his kids to "hurry hurry hurry, run run, line up" on a running clock, up 30+ points just to score a 2 point conversion after a touchdown with 12 seconds left, that's trying to "run it up".  Convince me otherwise, please.

Seems like good practice for a potential situation later in the season. 

All you have to do is stop them. 

37 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Seems like good practice for a potential situation later in the season. 

All you have to do is stop them. 

Yeah, and if it was in the rules to run it up there would be no issue.  But when the rules specifically states otherwise.. well.. that makes you trashy.

19 minutes ago, Hawks18 said:

Sounds like someone is butt hurt that Buna’s flag team stomped a mudd hole in them 😂😂

Are you really that dense? If so, you are part of the problem.

Sounds like Buna fans are the type to tell their sons to kick a kid while their down. I mean they are already down there - hell why not? All the kid on the ground has to do is stop from getting kicked.

There are several different select / elite leagues out there to choose from if you want to live vicariously through your children, Al Bundy.

But when you agree rules of a league and are the VP of said league, one would think practicing of these rules would be adhered to. But then again, there are folks like you in this world. Now I understand better why videos emerge weekly of parents fighting each other at a kid's sporting event.

Thanks for the insight. 

6 hours ago, Balanor said:

If Buna wanted to run it up they would not have agreed to a running clock.

7 hours ago, Balanor said:

Are you really that dense? If so, you are part of the problem.

Sounds like Buna fans are the type to tell their sons to kick a kid while their down. I mean they are already down there - hell why not? All the kid on the ground has to do is stop from getting kicked.

There are several different select / elite leagues out there to choose from if you want to live vicariously through your children, Al Bundy.

But when you agree rules of a league and are the VP of said league, one would think practicing of these rules would be adhered to. But then again, there are folks like you in this world. Now I understand better why videos emerge weekly of parents fighting each other at a kid's sporting event.

Thanks for the insight. 

I don’t even have a kid old enough to play. All I’m saying is parents these days are getting soft, so what they ran up the score don’t cry about it get better! Set an example for the kids to not have excuses and just work hard to win. I’m sure those kids will have a chance to return the favor sooner or later. 

6 hours ago, Hawks18 said:

I don’t even have a kid old enough to play. All I’m saying is parents these days are getting soft, so what they ran up the score don’t cry about it get better! Set an example for the kids to not have excuses and just work hard to win. I’m sure those kids will have a chance to return the favor sooner or later. 

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I believe you are talking about a youth league while everyone else is talking about the Buna/Kountze game from Friday night.

Fair enough and good point. Some can’t follow a simple conversation and it shows. Half the problem with the new generation is they talk before hearing the question or the other person’s statement before trying to get their point across.

So just to clarify, all my comments from the very start have been about a “non-elite / non-select” youth football league with very specific rules about running up the score, code of conduct, etc. that Buna competes in.

I have always thought Buna was a classier bunch of folks on the field until I watched a few games in this league. And when I saw this score I couldn’t help but think back to those games in that particular league. Maybe it’s a few bad apples… I dunno.

lmao, and if you think the problem is “parents getting soft” is the issue I challenge you to go watch some of these youth games. There’s a reason why there’s fights breaking out amongst the crowds weekly. 

Good luck Buna and stay classy. 

8 minutes ago, Balanor said:

Fair enough and good point. Some can’t follow a simple conversation and it shows. Half the problem with the new generation is they talk before hearing the question or the other person’s statement before trying to get their point across.

So just to clarify, all my comments from the very start have been about a “non-elite / non-select” youth football league with very specific rules about running up the score, code of conduct, etc. that Buna competes in.

I have always thought Buna was a classier bunch of folks on the field until I watched a few games in this league. And when I saw this score I couldn’t help but think back to those games in that particular league. Maybe it’s a few bad apples… I dunno.

lmao, and if you think the problem is “parents getting soft” is the issue I challenge you to go watch some of these youth games. There’s a reason why there’s fights breaking out amongst the crowds weekly. 

This was a high school game. There is a youth football forum. I mean if your talking about youth sports maybe you need to get in contact with the lonestar league that buna is in and file a complaint. Also there is no true Select football teams in Setx. They do have a league you can join for no weight restrictions and no mercy rule. 

2 hours ago, Balanor said:

https://www.setxsports.com/ip/forum/96-setx-youth-sports/

Here you go. Maybe you misread what forum you were in. It happens. 

2 hours ago, Balanor said:

Looks like someone needs to stick to reading the news paper instead of the internet.....

Enjoy your morning coffee.

22 hours ago, Balanor said:

So many things wrong about this I wouldn't even know where to start.  Public forum and anybody is welcome to talk about anything they wish.  Go boss your wife and kids around.. not me.

And I'm here calling you out because you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. If your going to say stupid things in a public forum, don't be surprised when someone corrects you.

22 hours ago, Balanor said:

They agreed to a running clock. If they wanted to run it up they would have kept a normal clock and scored 100. 

59 minutes ago, TXHORN_ET said:

Hit that 100 and the Buna Cougars could join their brethren, the University of Houston Cougars, with that point total.

Those which are disgruntled by outcome of the Buna/Kountze game can get hold of the UIL and present their point of view.

Oh wait. The UIL is ran by Buna Cougars. NEVERMIND!

CB still the director ?

All of the energy toward Buna running up the score needs to stop.  Kountze fans need to start asking what they need to do to get better.  If a complaint is going to be sent in, it should not be on a team that has won 3 games in the last 2 years.  Now Kountze will probably return the favor in basketball.

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

https://www.setxsports.com/ip/forum/96-setx-youth-sports/

Here you go. Maybe you misread what forum you were in. It happens. 

Nah, most understood the conversation and a few didn't. Some start at the last comment instead of the first and it shows.

It's all good. Like I said in my original reply, I simply thought Buna was classier than what they have shown in the past month or so.

Statement still stands.

9 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

This was a high school game. There is a youth football forum. I mean if your talking about youth sports maybe you need to get in contact with the lonestar league that buna is in and file a complaint. Also there is no true Select football teams in Setx. They do have a league you can join for no weight restrictions and no mercy rule. 

+1