Silsbee vs. Nederland

BADSANTA

OK, OK, OK. We know what you meant. Didn't hit a nerve like you may think. Just having a lil fun here on a slow Sunday.

No I didn't put Ned v Silsbee on the pickems, sorry. Actually think it's not much of question who wins this game. I'll add a poll to the top so we can see if we all agree or not. Silsbee will be back in the pickems soon, and could stay there til December. I'm trying to spread it around and catch a lot of schools in our coverage areas.

For now, focus on Nederland. 3 more weeks til we meet up. To be continued... in another place at another time

4 hours ago, WOS99 said:

Ohhh come on lol... When people say they hope to "win state," are they ever talking semis? If so, we've "won state" eight times. 😂

Win state! Yes!  Make it to state is Dallas of course but the state semifinals is the round before right? Silsbee has made it that far twice in the last 5 years. WOS lost to Silsbee both years😂😂😂

The 1993 Silsbee vs Nederland Game is still one fo the best Tiger wins i ever witnessed. Jay McGuire rushed for 424 yards and had over 500 yards total yards with a Kickoff return for a TD. I believe Brian Spell for Nederland had over 300 yards passing and WR Erick Camack had about 150yds receiving. I think Silsbee won 44-40 or something like that. 

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

The 1993 Silsbee vs Nederland Game is still one fo the best Tiger wins i ever witnessed. Jay McGuire rushed for 424 yards and had over 500 yards total yards with a Kickoff return for a TD. I believe Brian Spell for Nederland had over 300 yards passing and WR Erick Camack had about 150yds receiving. I think Silsbee won 44-40 or something like that. 

48-44 was the final.

McGuire had 600 all purpose yards (rushing, receiving, returns) His rushing total was 454.

Spell lit up Silsbee that night thru the air. Just wasn't quite enough.

These two teams ended up playing each other again that season in the playoffs. Silsbee had lost McGuire the week before in the final regular season game against Jasper with an injury. Most folks thought Silsbee had no chance of beating Nederland without him due to the fact he did so much in the first game and Silsbee needed every yard and point that he contributed. Silsbee played zone coverage in that first game and Spell picked the Tigers apart. In the playoff game Silsbee decided to go man and blitz the majority of the time. Result was 10 sacks of the QB, with many hurried throws. Silsbee won 34-7. Also, the Tigers moved FB Stanley Rhone to the tailback spot in place of McGuire and he rushed for 190 yards in the game with 3 TD's.

Making that change defensively was the difference.

31 minutes ago, Who That said:

After all that I" walk with Jay to the locker room. He had watery eyes noing he couldn't do anything to help the Tigers in Huntsville as we got slaughtered buy Channelview..! 🤦🏻‍♂️

I wouldn't call losing 26-12 a "slaughter". Particularly when Cview scored that final TD with just a couple of minutes left. Was just a one possession game until that score.

I inadvertently ran into McGuire that year while working as a police officer at another game on a Saturday. He seemed like an extremely humble young man. I have no clue about him other than that one chance encounter but it was enough to make me remember it 30 years later. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I wouldn't call losing 26-12 a "slaughter". Particularly when Cview scored that final TD with just a couple of minutes left. Was just a one possession game until that score.

It felt like a slaughter..😂 I really believe if Jay wouldn't have got hurt that year Silsbee would have won State.  Didn't Jay have a punt return in every game that he did play that year..?

On 9/4/2022 at 10:31 PM, BADSANTA said:

Win state! Yes!  Make it to state is Dallas of course but the state semifinals is the round before right? Silsbee has made it that far twice in the last 5 years. WOS lost to Silsbee both years😂😂😂

So that's two of the wins in your 5-27 record against us? Cool.

Of course, one of those five years WOS went to ACTUAL state - four of the last 10 in fact (including two real state titles). 

I've never heard anyone else refer to the semis as "state." It's silly.

1 hour ago, WOS99 said:

Of course, one of those five years WOS went to ACTUAL state - four of the last 10 in fact (including two real state titles). 

I agree. I only consider going to state as the championship game in football.

Now in basketball and baseball most consider going to state is making it to state tourney, which includes the semifinal.

As for records go, Silsbee is 3-0 vs. WO-S in the playoffs. ;)

27 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree. I only consider going to state as the championship game in football.

Now in basketball and baseball most consider going to state is making it to state tourney, which includes the semifinal.

As for records go, Silsbee is 3-0 vs. WO-S in the playoffs. ;)

I wish Bellville had some wins vs WOS in the playoffs…. Those are hard to come by so definitely worth bragging about 

They have a backup plan of LU stadium, the final decision will be made Wednesday.   I noticed the construction crews were there Monday working and it looks like we will have a drier week so they might get it done.   A couple of the ramps and the handrails need to be installed,  I can't really tell where they are at on the interior of the restrooms.   And of course cleaning up all of the construction debris.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Silsbee vs. Nederland
5 hours ago, WOS99 said:

Silsbee is 3-0 vs WOS when its win or go home 😂😂😂😂😂😂