Sheldon C.E. King (63) @ Crosby (7) FINAL

jdawg03

I had King by 21 with a 100% healthy Crosby. Not too many teams in Texas would not get routed with that many starters out. Looks like Crosby may not be healthy until mid-season if that. IMHO King was too big of a jump.  Would have rather had Manvel or Hightower. We looked like a JV team out there. 

10 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

........ummmmmmm what the hell happened?

King is a 6A school that has jumped in enrollment about 700 students in the last five years. They are on the North Shore schedule of going from afterthought to power house. They are even in the same area over there, same caliber of athletes. Think about the trouble Crosby had with Ridge Point and that was when Ridge Point had barely crossed the threshold to highest classification. Imagine them playing Ridge Point now. That's the same as playing King. There will never be a scenario moving forward where Crosby will be able to compete with CE King. They are a few years away from being like North Shore, Westfield, etc. Entrenched as favorites in the region in the highest classification.

5 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

King is a 6A school that has jumped in enrollment about 700 students in the last five years. They are on the North Shore schedule of going from afterthought to power house. They are even in the same area over there, same caliber of athletes. Think about the trouble Crosby had with Ridge Point and that was when Ridge Point had barely crossed the threshold to highest classification. Imagine them playing Ridge Point now. That's the same as playing King. There will never be a scenario moving forward where Crosby will be able to compete with CE King. They are a few years away from being like North Shore, Westfield, etc. Entrenched as favorites in the region in the highest classification.

I saw the come up.  With the completion of Beltway 8 from 90 to 59 and Tidwell coming all the way out, the growth of Sheldon ISD was inevitable.  New neighborhoods popping up beginning in '04ish

36 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

Was saying this since I saw them on the schedule. This ain’t the same King we played in district all those years ago. 

Just think King had a better team last year only returning 6 from that team, so Crosby just got a lesser version of what they could have seen.   So what we have learned is Crosby lost 5a State against Aledo then 4A state against Carthage followed by 6A trip to the playoffs by King.(King is picked to place 3rd in district)

all joking aside Crosby will get healthy and rebound from this one to challenge PAM for DC. PAM looked very good on both sides of the ball against PNG and bad news for our district is they had a freshman at RB that was incredible. 

9 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Just think King had a better team last year only returning 6 from that team, so Crosby just got a lesser version of what they could have seen.   So what we have learned is Crosby lost 5a State against Aledo then 4A state against Carthage followed by 6A trip to the playoffs by King.(King is picked to place 3rd in district)

all joking aside Crosby will get healthy and rebound from this one to challenge PAM for DC. PAM looked very good on both sides of the ball against PNG and bad news for our district is they had a freshman at RB that was incredible. 

Soph and Frosh at RB and the 3rd stringer aint too shabby either. I like our QB though and OL though 😁☂️

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Soph and Frosh at RB and the 3rd stringer aint too shabby either. I like our QB though and OL though 😁☂️

The whole team played with swagger last night. You guys are going to make some noise

On 8/27/2022 at 10:24 AM, panamamyers said:

🙄🙄🙄

When Crosby has 3,600 kids like King does we’ll absolutely be able to compete with them again. You use the Ridge Point example but left out the fact that the very next year after we played them they were playing in the 6A-D1 playoffs so to say they “barely” crossed the threshold is pretty naive. King’s enrollment has jumped by 1,300 kids since the last time they played Crosby. 

Lol, I’d we listed to you Crosby would still suck. You talked all that hot **** about Crosby not being able to beat anybody else besides the GT teams and we run through the region in back to back years. 

Just make sure you keep that exact same energy when we’re healthy. 

*just so y’all can reference what @panamamyers was saying in relation to Ridge Point. The very next year they went 10-0 in the Fort Bend 6A district and lost in the 2nd round of the 6A-D1 playoffs to Lamar. Same situation as George Ranch, Shadow Creek and now Katy Paetow, who all won titles, winning big while they’re more than 1,000 students over the cutoff line. 

This is the hidden content, please

On 8/27/2022 at 11:02 AM, MrFleet23 said:

Was saying this since I saw them on the schedule. This ain’t the same King we played in district all those years ago. 

Absolutely not the same King which exactly why it’s hard to get any real gauge on how we can play with so many studs missing. We would’ve lost to A&M Consol. last year if we had as many injuries as we do now.  We lost to Ennis 62-16 in ‘09 and they were in the same class with us. We’re going to be fine when healthy. 

18 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

🙄🙄🙄

When Crosby has 3,600 kids like King does we’ll absolutely be able to compete with them again. You use the Ridge Point example but left out the fact that the very next year after we played them they were playing in the 6A-D1 playoffs so to say they “barely” crossed the threshold is pretty naive. King’s enrollment has jumped by 1,300 kids since the last time they played Crosby. 

Lol, I’d we listed to you Crosby would still suck. You talked all that hot **** about Crosby not being able to beat anybody else besides the GT teams and we run through the region in back to back years. 

*just so y’all can reference what @panamamyers was saying in relation to Ridge Point. The very next year they went 10-0 in the Fort Bend 6A district and lost in the 2nd round of the 6A-D1 playoffs to Lamar. Same situation as George Ranch, Shadow Creek and now Katy Paetow, who all won titles, winning big while they’re more than 1,000 students over the cutoff line. 

I don't know about the Ridge Point reference, but he's not wrong wth the CE. King trajectory. I don't think you should feel any type of way though, King is a top 5 for sure team in the Houston region, which I Think is VERY DEEP this season and would have probably done this to not just y'all but 95% of the teams in this area healthy or not. 

Like I've stated before, 69 is booming and will continue to boom all the way up to Cleveland.  King imo will be like Humble. When it was just Humble, They were always good, until new schools started being built and taking its athletes and then families started moving further out. But until then King will become a power in the Houston region 

20 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Absolutely not the same King which exactly why it’s hard to get any real gauge on how we can play with so many studs missing. We would’ve lost to A&M Consol. last year if we had as many injuries as we do now.  We lost to Ennis 62-16 in ‘09 and they were in the same class with us. We’re going to be fine when healthy. 

Are you expecting your "studs" back before your showdown with PA Memorial? Only a month away.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Are you expecting your "studs" back before your showdown with PA Memorial? Only a month away.

No one knows the answer to that question that doesn't have a medical degree. If we are missing significant numbers of starters then PAM will be a favorite for sure. Hopefully we heal up just in time and get to have another awesome game like last year with PAM. 

Of all teams, Crosby won't be licking their wounds after this one the staff is simply too good and the kids are too bought in for them to let this King loss linger. They may have played one of the best teams in the state in a classification above them, no shame in that loss. 

Crosby has struggled with consistency early in the year last two years and by about week 4 put it all together for a long run through the playoffs. Totally different set of challenges this year and I think I speak for all cougars when I say we look forward to the journey. 

rewatched the game until backups and took some notes. 

Notes on Scores. 

Crosby Scores on 40 yard drive. 

CE King Scores on 73 yard pass and catch

C.E. King scores on 15 yard drive after Crosby muffs a kickoff. 

Prior to this point C.E King looked a little tentative they completely takeover after this score.  

C.E. King picks up a blitz on a beautiful counter-run for 80 ish yards

C.E. King man modes for 70 and a TD

C.E. King makes a huge hole and outruns everyone for 80ish TD. 

C.E. King returns a broken punt for a TD

C.E King intercepts a pass to the 5 and scores couple plays later. 

backups come in for both teams. 

Notes on King

C.E. King has the size offensively off A&M Consolidated/College Station last year on the O-line. 

Competent but not flashy QB

Two very good running backs one extremely fast the other is a truckload and fast. 

The best front 7 I've ever seen Crosby play. It's not just the three D1/D2 commits all 7 guys are fast, smart and get to the ball quickly. Very very well coached front 7. 

No seriously that Front 7 was insane, how many other teams will have a D-linemen able to chase down Crosby's QB from behind. 

To beat king I think you need three of these things. 

Stifling Defense

Exceptional QB play

Exceptional outside receivers

Huge offensive line to run directly at them. 

Superstar Runningback.

Notes on Crosby

Certain key players were not on the field. That's not an excuse but it definitely didn't help. 

Crosby did not have a #1 receiver on the outside that could threaten King and thus they were facing a minimum of 7 in the box all game. 

The game became inside the margins and that played to King's strengths (their front 7) 

Crosby Defense got gashed 4 times, that's going to be 3 too many when we play PAM. I expect the defense will decide the PAM game. If we limit their big plays we win if we don't then the offense is going to need a good bit of help to keep up. 

Mistakes... Muffed kickoff, bad punt coverage/broken play, interception, bad snaps killed any chance of success against King. Killed any ability to keep it close. 

Good things I saw. 

RB has the make up to be a pretty good back, feels more like a runner right now, needs to be a little more patient at times. 

TE can be a game changer if he commits to the position. He is athletic, big and brings a lot of versatility to the team. He needs to have a little more dog in him. During the stalled drive in redzone if he simply fights to get to the ball he could have gotten the flag but he didn't and the refs called in uncatchable little things like that will come with time. 

Defense did not get manhandled as badly as I initially thought. They gave up big plays which you have to correct but King did not have (to be fair they never needed to) a long grinding TD drive. The defense did make them punt a bunch of time before the starters came out. They gave up 6 TD's (of 9) 1 was punt return, 2 were not starters TD's in 4th. 6 TD's 2 from less than 20 yards out starting field position and 4 big plays. That's fixable and I have faith the coaching staff can fix it. 

Offensive Line did better than I expected going into this one. They clearly were physically outmatched but scrapped to try and give at least some time. Sometimes the dude across the line is just better, not sure we will face a better all around front 7.  

King looks good, They will have an interesting game against Atascocita and North Shore this year. I might even go as far to say they may get a share of the District this year. I think there's a real possibility all three of those teams split with each other. 

Take it for what its worth and its clearly a fans take but this was a lot uglier on the scoreboard than the film, which only means that you aren't disheartened by the film because it's mistakes that are fixable. 

On 8/29/2022 at 12:46 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

🙄🙄🙄

Where did 3,600 come from?  All I see is 2900 published in every database / article I can find.
I'm not trying to be rude.. just curious if I'm not up to date on enrollment numbers.

Thanks.