Sheldon C.E. King (63) @ Crosby (7) FINAL

jdawg03

7 minutes ago, Balanor said:

Where did 3,600 come from?  All I see is 2900 published in every database / article I can find.
I'm not trying to be rude.. just curious if I'm not up to date on enrollment numbers.

Thanks.

King was at 3270 per DCTF when they turned numbers in. 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Looks like the clock finally struck midnight and Crosby turned back into a pumpkin. Will be hard to recover from this level of beatdown. 

Its the first pre-district game of the season! The night is still young all Crosby has to do is stagger through district and land a play-off spot. Then when healthy make a run to the big dance.

13 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Looks like the clock finally struck midnight and Crosby turned back into a pumpkin. Will be hard to recover from this level of beatdown. 

We're not Huffman bro, we don't actually suck in real life. If we did we wouldn't have made the 5A playoffs 16 of the last 17 years. You of all people should know how stepping up in competition can be difficult the way Crosby erased Huffman when they had the audacity to move into our district.

Last time Crosby go beat down like this in an opener we went 10-3 and lost a tight one to Pearland Dawson on a bad call. Look at our non-district schedule over the years. Crosby coaches don't schedule The Sisters of the Poor in openers like y'all did just so the kids can squeak by for a feel good win. Our goal is to be playing on Black Friday and beyond so we schedule accordingly. 

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

There will not be a "big dance" anytime soon for Crosby. That ship sailed.

Imagine somebody from Huffman making comments on who's going to be playing in December🤣🤣🤣 Dude you're funny. Y'all are about to get crop dusted in district play by a bunch of TIG welders' kids and some boys that play in a mosquito pit. 

20 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

King was at 3270 per DCTF when they turned numbers in. 

They picked up about 500 kids since 2020 and aren't even finished with that subdivision right south of the school that exploded their enrollment. They're closer to being done with their other huge subdivision Liberty Lakes but they're going to be well over 4,000 kids by the 2026 realignment. Their school was only built to house 3,500 kids so they'll either need another one or a freshman campus. With their old head coach moving into an AD only position it leads me to believe that a bond for yet another high school may be in the works in the not too distance future. IDK where they would put it though, unless they bought the old golf course from the city and put it there. Sheldon ISD could easily split CE King's attendance zone into two 5A schools and still be formidable with the benefit of open enrollment. 

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

They picked up about 500 kids since 2020 and aren't even finished with that subdivision right south of the school that exploded their enrollment. They're closer to being done with their other huge subdivision Liberty Lakes but they're going to be well over 4,000 kids by the 2026 realignment. Their school was only built to house 3,500 kids so they'll either need another one or a freshman campus. With their old head coach moving into an AD only position it leads me to believe that a bond for yet another high school may be in the works in the not too distance future. IDK where they would put it though, unless they bought the old golf course from the city and put it there. Sheldon ISD could easily split CE King's attendance zone into two 5A schools and still be formidable with the benefit of open enrollment. 

Problem with creating new schools is getting them staffed with teachers. Pretty major shortage going on right now.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I see this happening more so than creating new schools. Particularly in urban areas.

IDK how that's going to really work though? Even if you don't build "new" schools you're still going to need to build new schools in some capacity. Crosby's new school was built to hold just shy of 3,000 kids. By the time they're finished with the all the subdivisions they're building in and around Newport and that huge swath of land they're developing on your way to Huffman, Crosby's school will be overcrowded. Crosby ISD owns enough land where we could easily build a freshman campus though. 

I think people just undershot the growth in Fort Bend and Harris County. Katy Paetow picked up 990 kids since 2020 and are projected to be over 5,000 by the next realignment if they don't get another high school. Per their community newsletter, "The timeline for constructing High School No. 10 was delayed because the bond election was delayed from November 2020 to May 2021, Vierling explained. When the new high school does open, it will help relieve enrollment at Paetow High School. If it isn’t built, Paetow High School would have nearly 5,000 students by 2024, Vierling said.". 

I really don't see a way around just keep building new schools because the contractors definitely aren't going to stop building houses in those areas. I think y'all may be right in terms of your inner-city ISD schools being able to contract but I don't see how that's going to work in the suburbs at all?

Even in the inner-city you run into problems though. Prime example is Madison and Westbury which are only about 5 miles apart but if you combined the two then neither campus has the capability of housing 4,000+ kids they would have so you would need a new school or a massive expansion at one of them. Same for your Dallas ISD schools which are even closer together than most Houston ISD UIL schools.  

50 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

IDK how that's going to really work though? Even if you don't build "new" schools you're still going to need to build new schools in some capacity. Crosby's new school was built to hold just shy of 3,000 kids. By the time they're finished with the all the subdivisions they're building in and around Newport and that huge swath of land they're developing on your way to Huffman, Crosby's school will be overcrowded. Crosby ISD owns enough land where we could easily build a freshman campus though. 

I think people just undershot the growth in Fort Bend and Harris County. Katy Paetow picked up 990 kids since 2020 and are projected to be over 5,000 by the next realignment if they don't get another high school. Per their community newsletter, "The timeline for constructing High School No. 10 was delayed because the bond election was delayed from November 2020 to May 2021, Vierling explained. When the new high school does open, it will help relieve enrollment at Paetow High School. If it isn’t built, Paetow High School would have nearly 5,000 students by 2024, Vierling said.". 

I really don't see a way around just keep building new schools because the contractors definitely aren't going to stop building houses in those areas. I think y'all may be right in terms of your inner-city ISD schools being able to contract but I don't see how that's going to work in the suburbs at all?

Even in the inner-city you run into problems though. Prime example is Madison and Westbury which are only about 5 miles apart but if you combined the two then neither campus has the capability of housing 4,000+ kids they would have so you would need a new school or a massive expansion at one of them. Same for your Dallas ISD schools which are even closer together than most Houston ISD UIL schools.  

In the case of Madison/Westbury, one campus could be 9th and the other 10-12.

I'm not saying building bigger schools shouldn't happen. I am saying creating a new school will have issues getting it staffed with the teacher shortage.

Most of the statewide shortage is happening in the inner city schools and not the suburbs. That's where I see school districts having to consolidate some of their schools eventually because of shortage and money.

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

We're not Huffman bro, we don't actually suck in real life. If we did we wouldn't have made the 5A playoffs 16 of the last 17 years. You of all people should know how stepping up in competition can be difficult the way Crosby erased Huffman when they had the audacity to move into our district.

Last time Crosby go beat down like this in an opener we went 10-3 and lost a tight one to Pearland Dawson on a bad call. Look at our non-district schedule over the years. Crosby coaches don't schedule The Sisters of the Poor in openers like y'all did just so the kids can squeak by for a feel good win. Our goal is to be playing on Black Friday and beyond so we schedule accordingly. 

Yep, Crosby has fallen. They had a good run but it is over now. Very sad how bad they were beaten.