House passes bill to decriminalize marijuana

WOSdrummer99

It’s all a part of the grand scheme. Their object is to have the entire nation confused about gender and sexuality, keeping their thumb pressing the guilt of the white man, poisoning the minds of our youth with false racism claims (CRT), allowing criminals to go unpunished while taking away any rights the victims have to life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and more, having so many people smoking pot that they would care if there were 500 inbound ICBMs. What they will have created is a society unable to defend a total takeover. It’s happening right in front of our eyes and I just hope the mid terms are not too late. 

3 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I agree. There are more important issues at hand.

Jim Jordan agrees:   Record crime.  Record inflation.  Record gas prices.  Record number of illegal immigrants crossing our southern border.  And what does the democrats doing -- legalizing drugs!  Plus he said, using American tax dollars to kick start and prop up the marijuana industry.  He also stated that every major urban area has increased crime.  And this is what the Dims chose to concentrate on!

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I agree….what about alcohol?

Same, very few things should be left to the federal government, the Constitution gives the federal government very few enumerated powers.

Our founding fathers knew what would happen with too much centralized power.  I would have to say they have been proven right…sadly.

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Not sure what state will not be for legalization when you say left to the states your referencing  the will of the citizens, of said state or will of corrupt politicians.

Whether all are for legalization is not the issue, states should have the say on this and 99.99999% of all other matters.  It’s a shame that we’re so far from that.

This is another attempt to make it appear that something was actually done.

1. It would be unconstitutional for the federal government to make marijuana legal in states. They simply don’t have that authority because states can still make it a crime.

2. When states have legalized marijuana, the DEA has not shut them down even though they could. Under current federal law, the DEA/US Attorney could arrest and indict every store owner/manager in Colorado and probably every employee at retail marijuana outlets. They choose not to and leave it in the hands of the state.

3. The DEA doesn’t go after recreational use of marijuana even in states where marijuana is still a crime (a majority of states). Again, they leave that to state law and local authorities. When they do get involved it is for kilos.

4. Even in states where marijuana is completely legal, possession of anything over a couple of ounces is a crime and to sell without state consent and licenses is a felony under state law.

So this bill is….. meaningless.  It only makes the federal government not prosecute minor possession amounts of marijuana…. which they don’t anyway under current law. It is a smoke screen. Don’t pay attention to the man behind the curtain…..

4 hours ago, tvc184 said:

This is another attempt to make it appear that something was actually done.

1. It would be unconstitutional for the federal government to make marijuana legal in states. They simply don’t have that authority because states can still make it a crime.

2. When states have legalized marijuana, the DEA has not shut them down even though they could. Under current federal law, the DEA/US Attorney could arrest and indict every store owner/manager in Colorado and probably every employee at retail marijuana outlets. They choose not to and leave it in the hands of the state.

3. The DEA doesn’t go after recreational use of marijuana even in states where marijuana is still a crime (a majority of states). Again, they leave that to state law and local authorities. When they do get involved it is for kilos.

4. Even in states where marijuana is completely legal, possession of anything over a couple of ounces is a crime and to sell without state consent and licenses is a felony under state law.

So this bill is….. meaningless.  It only makes the federal government not prosecute minor possession amounts of marijuana…. which they don’t anyway under current law. It is a smoke screen. Don’t pay attention to the man behind the curtain…..

So true. I think the federal government is attempting to pave the way for control of the sale and distribution of weed so that they can get their grimy paws wrapped around it and form some type of ridiculous tax. 

On a side note, I have seen people busted for large amounts of weed where not only were the charges possession and sales, but there was a separate charge for not having a tax stamp. Do people actually apply for their tax stamp for the purpose of selling weed? That kills me.

I agree states should and do have the right to decide. I’m all for smaller government. But what do you do when the state fails to react. Weed is pretty much under the table legal. Most cops just make you put it out or take it. (Unless it a large,large amount) feds see green😎 and they will profit off this tremendously.

• 3 weeks later...