2022 District Predictions

Cougar14.2

20 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Now that the UIL has both screwed and helped some of us with our new district realignments, I was wondering what some of y’all’s predictions are for your team? Particularly how your district finishes and your team’s placement. 

9-4A DII

1. WO-S

2. Silsbee

3. Jasper

4. Hamshire-Fannett

8-5A-D1 

1. Crosby - Crosby played 31 of a possible 32 games last realignment. Austin Westlake was the only 5A/6A school to play all ‘em all. The move up in class will be a challenge but Crosby is 13-1 the last two years in district play, at this point y’all just need to beat us. 

2. BH/PAM - BH has a lot of very good individual skill players returning. You see how far FB Marshall’s great skill players got against BH’s trench play though. BH lost some good trench guys and the best backfield they’ve had in 15 years. We’ll see how they restock. 

3. PAM/BH - PAM is the plant workers version of Humble when they were in 5A. Regional final talent with district runner-up coaching. How do you replace Sanders this year when you never showed an ability to develop a second act last year? 

4. Baytown Lee - Probably has the best coach nobody in the coverage area talks about because of where he is. I think the kids from back there off the state streets still get in the dance.

5. Kingwood Park - I really don’t know why I think KP will be better than they end up every year?

6. Porter - I think you’re getting into some bad teams here and Porter is just the best of the bunch. 

7. GCM - Looks good getting off the bus and if the new coach is any good they should be able to beat Sterling. 

8. Baytown Sterling - Somebody has to be second to last in a nine team district. 

9. La Porte - Hate is didn’t work out for Coach Tarr but the fishing at Sylvan Beach was probably going to be better than your football team and you ain’t catching **** out there. They should be in the running with Sterling and GCM for the “everybody gets to play game”. 

District 10-4A-D1

I think the top 3 could flip around although I'm going for Lumberton since there were lot of starting skill players who were underclassmen this past year so they'll be one year better, LCM can always upset things and Vidor will reload but I think both the L's can take them.

1. Lumberton

2. Little Cypress Mauriceville

3. Vidor

4. Huffman Hargrave

5. Livingston

6. Splendora

21 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

21-6a

1. North Shore

2. Atascocita

3. CE King

4. Summer Creek

5. West Brook

6. United

7. Humble

8. Kingwood

I think Summer Creek will be better than CE King this year. My co-worker's son plays qb for them and said they lost 17 of 22 starters. They also have a new coach with their old coach moving to an AD only role. Pretty brutal district overall though. Atascocita has been to the 3rd round of the 6A-D1 playoffs seven years in a row and is basically an afterthought. When is the last time no Beaumont public schools made the playoffs? 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think Summer Creek will be better than CE King this year. My co-worker's son plays qb for them and said they lost 17 of 22 starters. They also have a new coach with their old coach moving to an AD only role. Pretty brutal district overall though. Atascocita has been to the 3rd round of the 6A-D1 playoffs seven years in a row and is basically an afterthought. When is the last time no Beaumont public schools made the playoffs? 

Now, I forgot what Ozen did during that time, but I know WB and Central missed the playoffs in the 2002-2003 season..

55 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

9-5A-D2

1. Fort Bend Marshall

2. Texas City

3. Nederland

4. PNG - due to coaching change

5 Galena Park

6. Fort Bend Willowridge

7. Dayton

8. Santa Fe

If PNG goes out & gets an out-of-area coach with experience in a winning program that wants to develop PNG to keep a winning tradition, I agree, 4th place.  If however, a local yokel is hired, that may have friends in high places in the district, & believes that only repeatedly making the playoffs has been the coaches fault, they know "exactly what PNG has been doing wrong & only I can fix it."  then 5th or 6th in district would not surprise me.  A completely new program, under a completely new coach can go either way.  It will be much better if a coach with absolutely no knowledge of PNG, other than they have a winning tradition, like the school that the applying coach has been working, & allow that coach to come in with a clear perspective & develop the program. We'll see!

51 minutes ago, png9mon said:

If PNG goes out & gets an out-of-area coach with experience in a winning program that wants to develop PNG to keep a winning tradition, I agree, 4th place.  If however, a local yokel is hired, that may have friends in high places in the district, & believes that only repeatedly making the playoffs has been the coaches fault, they know "exactly what PNG has been doing wrong & only I can fix it."  then 5th or 6th in district would not surprise me.  A completely new program, under a completely new coach can go either way.  It will be much better if a coach with absolutely no knowledge of PNG, other than they have a winning tradition, like the school that the applying coach has been working, & allow that coach to come in with a clear perspective & develop the program. We'll see!

Don't you think by hiring Dodge to help that the Administration is trying to do the right thing and find the best coach available?

Just an outsider asking a question, Is the administration not capable of making a decision on their own? AFAIK, no one else in Texas hires outside help for $20K just to help them think and decide. 

I still believe this is $20K the PNG powers spent just to deflect and insulate themselves from responsibility incase a new coach does not pan out as expected. "Hey don't blame us, we just did what TD told us!"    

21 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Just an outsider asking a question, Is the administration not capable of making a decision on their own? AFAIK, no one else in Texas hires outside help for $20K just to help them think and decide. 

I still believe this is $20K the PNG powers spent just to deflect and insulate themselves from responsibility incase a new coach does not pan out as expected. "Hey don't blame us, we just did what TD told us!"    

You nailed it. Dodge should just be a consultant/recruiter. That's it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest mrtomcat
On 2/7/2022 at 12:00 PM, purpleeagle said:

22 3A-2

Newton

New Waverly 

Kountze

Hemphill

Anderson Shiro

Warren

Trinity

You are very mistaken sir.  We are coming out on top this year.  #yearofthespear