Lumberton 36 Orangefield 47/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Lumberton 36 Orangefield 47/FINAL
8 hours ago, bullets13 said:

After all of the talk about how great their coach is (including from him himself), there just always seems to be some reason when they lose apart from being the lesser team.

He is a great coach! Look how he has turned Lumberton boys basketball around! Everyone has down years in between good ones.

4 hours ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

He is a great coach! Look how he has turned Lumberton boys basketball around! Everyone has down years in between good ones.

McClure turned lumberton basketball around.  You give any 4A school a D1 player with competent role players around him and they'll do at least what Lumberton did over the past 3 years. He's gone, and lumberton has dropped back off.  15-12, 3-6 in district, and haven't really beaten a good team all year, unless you want to count squeaking by a couple of good 3A and 2A teams.  Mitchell was on here hiding behind a screen name criticizing other coaches and talking about how great he is.  It's starting to look like he overestimated his ability by a pretty wide margin.  

38 minutes ago, Sportsilove2 said:

How many times has lumberton made the playoffs?? 

They made it the last 3 years with McClure playing for them.  He's gone, and they aren't going this year unless something crazy happens.  They only managed 3 playoff wins in those 3 years, and they were against 3 teams with losing records.  Obviously Lumberton has improved some, but there's a very unrealistic view floating around about what turned them around.  The notable dropoff this year should be a red flag for some folks.  

3 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Because y’all want to talk down on a great coach/guy I am getting off here till football season. I can not stand when things happen like injuries that y’all attack a coach. 

see ya!  i don't have much respect for anyone that gets on a website and pretends to be someone else, and then talks about how great of a coach he is and how bad other coaches are.  especially when his "turning the program around" coincided with having the best player in school history playing for him his first four years as a coach, and even more especially when the team fell off the map the year after that player graduated.  and I bolded the excuse.  I knew someone would give one.    

For one I know for a FACT that Mitchell DOES NOT have an account on here! So drop that crap to begin with. Also Brock was not a D1 player sophomore and Junior year when they made playoffs. Lumberton has made playoffs 4 times in 57 years and guess who was the coach 3 of the 4…. There has been a ton of injuries this year and it has set them back, if you can’t see that then just stop talking about our boys. Everyone that knows our team knows the injuries that have happened. Also no one coach in the area that doesn’t win doesn’t have talent. Out of all the years of me being on here y’all have really attacked Lumberton this season more than I can ever remember. 

5 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

For one I know for a FACT that Mitchell DOES NOT have an account on here! So drop that crap to begin with. Also Brock was not a D1 player sophomore and Junior year when they made playoffs. Lumberton has made playoffs 4 times in 57 years and guess who was the coach 3 of the 4…. There has been a ton of injuries this year and it has set them back, if you can’t see that then just stop talking about our boys. Everyone that knows our team knows the injuries that have happened. Also no one coach in the area that doesn’t win doesn’t have talent. Out of all the years of me being on here y’all have really attacked Lumberton this season more than I can ever remember. 

Curious as to how you know this to be FACT? Not saying he has an account here but how do you know this to be fact? Only admins on this site would know that status.

1 hour ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

@AggiesAreWe I'm about 90% sure he actually has two accounts on here.  One for making statements for how great he is and a second for quoting them and agreeing with them.  But hey, I've been wrong before.   

You people can bad mouth Coach Mitchell all you want. The thing is he turned the program around like no one else could! And you know what? This program took some hard knocks this year….especially injuries. But he and his team will walk away knowing bad years happen, and they will recover!  And one other thing, all of you haters will one day have Karma slap you down…To Coach Mitchell and our Players, 

“Everything negative- pressure, challenges- is all an opportunity for me(us) to rise.”

~Kobe Bryant

Just now, 5GallonBucket said:

@bullets13mcclure wasn’t a d1 player till his senior year if I’m not mistaken.

before you start spewing your hate go back and look at the history of Lumberton b-ball.

being honest and spewing hate are two different things.  Did McClure suck the two years prior, or was he still really good?  Seems like I heard about him a whole lot before his senior year.  

4 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

being honest and spewing hate are two different things.  Did McClure suck the two years prior, or was he still really good?  Seems like I heard about him a whole lot before his senior year.  

Dude go re read your post.

mcclure had one offer and that was his senior year

I’m sure he improved over 4 years

soph he averaged 9 ppg 

also I guess all those d1 athletes coach green has at United @TommyShepis making him look a lot better than what he is

same with boutte etc etc

🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Dude go re read your post.

mcclure had one offer and that was his senior year

I’m sure he improved over 4 years

soph he averaged 9 ppg 

also I guess all those d1 athletes coach green has at United @TommyShepis making him look a lot better than what he is

same with boutte etc etc

🤦‍♂️

those coaches don't get on here and talk about how great they are, and how they're better than other coaches.  oh wait, he "doesn't either".  Kinda funny how @RaiderGirl2010 stated that he doesn't have an account on here because "she knows him", and then 15 minutes after she makes that statement a 15-year-old account with 6 total posts magically signs in, sees this thread and comments about how he turned the program around.  One might presume she texted and asked him about having an account on here, might they?  And coach green is taking those athletes deep into the playoffs in a higher classification against significantly better competition, not losing to the first team with a winning record he faces in the playoffs every year.  

39 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

D1 senior year means he was D1 in the making the years before.. you don’t go from church league to D1 over summer.