2022 Season

7 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I’d imagine they would match png or would be in the ball park. Sometimes less  money is going to be less stress and it would even out.  There head coach  just retired barely over 500 with one ring and was there a long time. I don’t blame the man for wanting to better himself.  They drop down to 4ad1 this year? 

Looks like 4A-1.  SS will score a lot of points.

3 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

They changed it in early December not late January...

The latest UIL update last realignment was January 3rd per their website. I'm not exactly sure what numbers or sports they updated but I find the preliminary vs actual update they did in December. They also have disclaimer that says "no numbers are official until Feb. 3rd." 

*Updated numbers are in red: 

This is the hidden content, please

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The latest UIL update last realignment was January 3rd per their website. I'm not exactly sure what numbers or sports they updated but I find the preliminary vs actual update they did in December. They also have disclaimer that says "no numbers are official until Feb. 3rd." 

*Updated numbers are in red: 

That press release is dated Dec 10, 2019..the UIL made some changes to how they go about the process to prevent what happened two years ago....the odds of anything changing now are less than 1%

Before this past season even ended with another semifinal run I think the consensus was that the '22 team would be even better? Ahead of realignment I was going through looking at who would be coming back and got very excited about the receivers, which we bring back 3 of 4 who've combined for 61 career starts between them. That's a huge deal once you consider the fact Myles is coming back to throw it to them too .  .  .  Then I went through the potential o-line and started thinking about playing in December.

Crosby won't be 6A for at least four more years but we're dang sure going to look like it next year. Myles might be the recipient of Cotton-level o-line play, or dare I say even better than what Cotton had. Crosby's potential o-line starters for the '22 season:

*listed sizes are from this past year

LT - Rashaun Broussard - 6'5" 296lbs

LG - AJ Johnson - 6'3" 315lbs

C - Casen McMullen 6'4" 265lbs

RG - Braxton Bowling 6' 270lbs

RT - Levi Langley 6'4" 250lbs 

Two of the other potential starters are 6'3" 275lbs and 6' 340lbs. If the staff gets these kids to gel early, watch out, Code Red might be looking to win all 16. I haven't noticed anybody that runs the slot-T in D1? 

35 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

That press release is dated Dec 10, 2019..the UIL made some changes to how they go about the process to prevent what happened two years ago....the odds of anything changing now are less than 1%

Ok, didn't know they made changes from last time? I posted that because the last three realignments I went and checked had the numbers move just like the '20 realignment even after the UIL supposedly updated the preliminary numbers. I was mistaken when I said Jan. 3rd for the last update on the '20 realignment, it was actually Jan. 30th just four days before districts came out on Feb. 3rd. It has a star by the revised date but this is the one I couldn't find the change in? 

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Ok, didn't know they made changes from last time? I posted that because the last three realignments I went and checked had the numbers move just like the '20 realignment even after the UIL supposedly updated the preliminary numbers. I was mistaken when I said Jan. 3rd for the last update on the '20 realignment, it was actually Jan. 30th just four days before districts came out on Feb. 3rd. It has a star by the revised date but this is the one I couldn't find the change in? 

They changed the cutoffs in December because they jacked up the opt up process and several schools opted up late thus causing the UIL to balance out the division splits....they fixed that process this time and were very clear about the deadlines etc...Crosby's gonna be D1 just give up any hope of a last minute change I cant see it happening 10 days before realignment

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Before this past season even ended with another semifinal run I think the consensus was that the '22 team would be even better? Ahead of realignment I was going through looking at who would be coming back and got very excited about the receivers, which we bring back 3 of 4 who've combined for 61 career starts between them. That's a huge deal once you consider the fact Myles is coming back to throw it to them too .  .  .  Then I went through the potential o-line and started thinking about playing in December.

Crosby won't be 6A for at least four more years but we're dang sure going to look like it next year. Myles might be the recipient of Cotton-level o-line play, or dare I say even better than what Cotton had. Crosby's potential o-line starters for the '22 season:

Two of the other potential starters are 6'3" 275lbs and 6' 340lbs. If the staff gets these kids to gel early, watch out, Code Red might be looking to win all 16. I haven't noticed anybody that runs the slot-T in D1? 

Possible Big name receiver move in coming to Crosby.I like AJ at Nose Guard,he looked awesome in playoffs.Cole Langley a BIG Plus on offense or Defense.Any comments Cougar 14.2 ?

5 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

They changed the cutoffs in December because they jacked up the opt up process and several schools opted up late thus causing the UIL to balance out the division splits....they fixed that process this time and were very clear about the deadlines etc...Crosby's gonna be D1 just give up any hope of a last minute change I cant see it happening 10 days before realignment

That's totally fine with me, both divisions have their advantages for Crosby. Moving to D1 puts us in an easier district and back to our more traditional opponents. Also cuts down the average district trip from over an hour to less than 30 mins which is awesome as long as we don't have to go to Port Arthur.  

1 hour ago, Justafan72 said:

Possible Big name receiver move in coming to Crosby.I like AJ at Nose Guard,he looked awesome in playoffs.Cole Langley a BIG Plus on offense or Defense.Any comments Cougar 14.2 ?

I think if AJ plays on the d-line it's because we need him to, meaning we're "short" bodies on that side of the line of scrimmage. I think Coach Poth wants to play fast and be able to rush the passer from the interior, AJ is more of a run stuffer at this point in his development which is why you saw him play so much against Liberty Hill. I think he has potential 4-star ability at guard though, kid was moving furniture considering he was a freshman.

I think Langley is going to play d-end which has been his more natural position since I've been watching him in little league. Awesome athleticism but he needs to little more of that dog mentality his brother has if he's going to be the Tyler Cooper type player we need him to be next year. I think a lot of the personnel placement will have to do with who we get in free agency this offseason too though.  

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Crosby will be 5A DI

We'll see how the new coach works out at Cedar Park but right now as far as I'm concerned all we have to do in the D1 playoffs is get past Manvel to make another run to the dance. Over the next two years we'll definitely have the personnel to do it too.  

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

We'll see how the new coach works out at Cedar Park but right now as far as I'm concerned all we have to do in the D1 playoffs is get past Manvel to make another run to the dance. Over the next two years we'll definitely have the personnel to do it too.  

I 100% agree

On 1/24/2022 at 10:19 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

I have only watched Crosby play one time and that was my Carthage Dawgs. 
I was impressed with their speed and size on both sides of the ball. 
At the 5A level the games are always won at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. 
It appears Crosby will be very good again in 22. 
I think one of the best teams my Dawgs had was the 2019 team. 
Our O line averaged 309 pounds. 
They dominated the line of scrimmage against LV in the state championship game. The 2020 team dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage. 
Crosby is now used to winning deep into the playoffs and know they are good enough to win the state championship.