NFL funding 'defund the police' groups through 'Inspire Change' program

LumRaiderFan

This is the hidden content, please

...and another reason (not that I needed another)

From the article:

The National Football League's "Inspire Change" partners, which receive financial backing from the multibillion-dollar league, include multiple groups that have openly advocated for defunding the police, a Fox News Digital review of the program found. 

Groups who have received funds as part of "Inspire Change," the NFL's social justice initiative, include the Vera Institute of Justice, the Oregon Justice Resource Center and the Community Justice Exchange. All three of those groups support defunding or abolishing the police, a review of their public statements shows. 

While the NFL's general support of social justice causes is widely known, the fact that the league is propping up groups trying to defund police departments has not been previously reported. 

10 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

...and another reason (not that I needed another)

From the article:

The National Football League's "Inspire Change" partners, which receive financial backing from the multibillion-dollar league, include multiple groups that have openly advocated for defunding the police, a Fox News Digital review of the program found. 

Groups who have received funds as part of "Inspire Change," the NFL's social justice initiative, include the Vera Institute of Justice, the Oregon Justice Resource Center and the Community Justice Exchange. All three of those groups support defunding or abolishing the police, a review of their public statements shows. 

While the NFL's general support of social justice causes is widely known, the fact that the league is propping up groups trying to defund police departments has not been previously reported. 

Makes sense as to why they would not allow the Cowboys to honor the 5 policemen killed by a pos BLM member.

From the article:

The National Sheriffs Association blasted the NFL for funding organizations that support defunding the police.

The police advocacy group sharply criticized the league after a Fox News Digital investigation revealed that several of the NFL's "Inspire Change" partners, which receive funding from the NFL, advocate for the abolition or defunding of law enforcement.

"I hope the NFL got its ROI [return on investment]: More crime, more legitimate criminals released, more community anger and more jerseys sold, eyeballs watching and paid seats filled at their games," Jonathan Thompson, executive director and CEO of the National Sheriffs Association, told Fox News in an email.

Thompson blasted the NFL's decision to fund the anti-police organizations as giving "new meaning to the idea you spend money to make money."

"Well done to the NFL, hopefully all the deputies and officers that protect their facilities and audiences that attend their games feel better about the NFL, especially since it is funding organizations that want to completely dissolve our country's principle of adherence to the rule of law," he added.

"Perhaps they could spend one night in a cruiser or a jail to see the horrendous effects of runaway crime," the CEO concluded. "Or they could look into the faces of the victims of crime who are white, black, brown, men, women, elderly, kids, poor, rich and every demographic in America."

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Question... Do the NFL teams pay for the police security in and around the stadium on game day? Or is it funded by the taxpayers?

The police officers act as private security but with the policing authority of the state.

If you see a uniform police officer anywhere other than in a patrol car, it is likely that he/she is working off duty for someone else.

This is the same NFL that banned off-duty police officers from carrying a concealed weapons into NFL stadiums, although completely legal. That is, except Texas because that rule is a violation of the law in this state. 

25 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

When the kneeling started I stopped watching and haven’t watched since.  Unlike a lot of people who flaked out with time passing and went back to watching. 
Only pro sport (zero divas) I ve watched is the rodeos.

I’m one of the flakes. I didn’t watch my Cowboys last year. I watched the highlights later on. I believe Jerry Jones is not caught up in that crap and that’s why he and Goodell hate each other. Wasn’t crazy about an ad I saw where they talked about a white guy in a certain position, making so much money, and a black guy pops up and says he wouldn’t make that same amount. What a crock. That’s racism, yet the ad is about not being racist. That’s having your cake and eating it too.