Tyler Chapel Hill vs. Vidor (Bi-District)

piratevillain

17 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

I may be on of the few who likes this matchup for Vidor.  Take Chapel Hills strength and make it their weakness....by keeping the offense on the side line and making their secondary play out of position an get physical.  3, 4, 5 yards and a cloud of dust. 

Agreed, play clean and EVERYONE stay with their blocks even if it’s 15 yards down the field till the sound of the whistle. 

Obvious these Dist 9 teams don’t play much defense.  I hope the hard hitting Pirate D might unsettle them somewhat.  My biggest fear is the big play.  The off tackle run with a missed tackle & the RB takes it to the house.  The short pass for 5 yards that ends up being a 65 yard TD.  Pirates need to wrap up and hold on.  If Vidor can make a few long, time consuming drives for points, the CH offense is going to feel the pressure to do something.  Our biggest advantage will be if the CH defense is undisciplined.  If they go for the first or second fake, the third guy with the ball will eat up some serious yards.  Vidor should win this but CH will be pumped up to knockoff the Dist 10 #1 seed.  Go Pirates.  You can win this game even with a peg leg.

1 hour ago, PirateNole984 said:

I may be on of the few who likes this matchup for Vidor.  Take Chapel Hills strength and make it their weakness....by keeping the offense on the side line and making their secondary play out of position an get physical.  3, 4, 5 yards and a cloud of dust. 

I like also like this matchup for Vidor. Just got to keep the turnovers and penalties to a minimumw

6 minutes ago, exsoftballplayer said:

GO PIRATES!!!!!☠️

By all means, raise up the skull & crossbones high.  Powder the guns and load the cannons.  Prepare to repel boarders.  Draw your swords and cut the knaves down.  How dare they seek to sink the Black Pearl.  She’s the queen of the Caribbean and shan’t be thwarted by a bunch of bowlegged dogs.  ☠️☠️☠️☠️👽☠️☠️☠️ wait, how did he (👽) get in there.  Intergalactic interference.  😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Hoping they bring up some of that JV talent to fill in the depth needed at the running back positions. They’ve got some talented running backs on the JV team that could really help. Guess it’s fitting to say all hands on deck for this playoff game! Go Pirates! 🏴‍☠️

Just watched some videos from the JV team on YouTube, I didn't realize how much size we had on that team. But we have a few RBs from the JV already moved up to varsity.

1 minute ago, piratevillain said:

Just watched some videos from the JV team on YouTube, I didn't realize how much size we had on that team. But we have a few RBs from the JV already moved up to varsity.

They do have some good size on JV. I went to couple of JV games an when I first saw them on the field I thought it was our Varsity team. Lol

5 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

They do have some good size on JV. I went to couple of JV games an when I first saw them on the field I thought it was our Varsity team. Lol

I could definitely see how you could mistake them for varsity, I legit think the JV o-line might be bigger than our varsity o-line.😂

19 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Hoping they bring up some of that JV talent to fill in the depth needed at the running back positions. They’ve got some talented running backs on the JV team that could really help. Guess it’s fitting to say all hands on deck for this playoff game! Go Pirates! 🏴‍☠️

I dont get the depth statement. They're thr biggest school in the district 

3 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Lots of injuries at the running back position. We may throw the ball 3 times a game sometimes none so the running back position is kinda of important. Last I heard we’d lost our top 3 running back’s. I don’t care how big of a 4A school we are that hurts.

3 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

As Unwoke pointed out, almost all the injuries at RB.  Much of 2nd half against HH Vidor had two 3rd string RB’s.  They gave it their all, but still….  When you run the Slot T, you have to have good RB’s.  It’s comparable to a spread team having to use the 3rd string QB & Receiver.  But give the young men good, they still managed to come back against Ltown.  Whether they’ll be able to pull it off against CH is now the question.  Vidor’s biggest advantage could be that the CH D is undisciplined.  If so, the Pirates can take advantage of that.

And speaking of depth, I heard CH rotates their DL. Must be nice to have that many quality DLs.  Also, Mabank (also in Dist 9) runs a similar offense to Vidors.  CH beat them 50-22, but I don’t think they actually run the Slot T.  MaxPreps has no video highlights on them, so it’s a mystery.  I think CH is going to be a very tough win.

42 minutes ago, Hagar said:

As Unwoke pointed out, almost all the injuries at RB.  Much of 2nd half against HH Vidor had two 3rd string RB’s.  They gave it their all, but still….  When you run the Slot T, you have to have good RB’s.  It’s comparable to a spread team having to use the 3rd string QB & Receiver.  But give the young men good, they still managed to come back against Ltown.  Whether they’ll be able to pull it off against CH is now the question.  Vidor’s biggest advantage could be that the CH D is undisciplined.  If so, the Pirates can take advantage of that.

And speaking of depth, I heard CH rotates their DL. Must be nice to have that many quality DLs.  Also, Mabank (also in Dist 9) runs a similar offense to Vidors.  CH beat them 50-22, but I don’t think they actually run the Slot T.  MaxPreps has no video highlights on them, so it’s a mystery.  I think CH is going to be a very tough win.

Matthews just needs to go pick a few Running Backs off the Big 4A Running Back Tree at the High School an they’ll be fine. Lol.  SMH

I believe Vidor needs to sprinkle in some no huddle hurry up offensive possessions. Huffman rotated fresh D linemen all game when we played them. When we went to a hurry up offense we started eating up chunks of yards. If Vidor allows them time to rotate fresh dlineman all night it’s going to be a tough moving the ball on them. You can’t wear down your opponent if you give them time to keep fresh D lineman on the field.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

In the slot-t offense its  as much about blocking from the RB position as it is carrying the ball.  Knowing who to block, what hole to hit, etc. can be a lot to learn in short amount of time.  From the HH game to the lumberton game there was improvements and hopefully this week you will continue to see improvement.  The only downside is that some of the RB's used play defense (secondary) and that can and will take time away from practicing at one of the positions.

Had a Kilgore fan tell me most Vidor fans will be shocked when CH takes the field.  Said they have a bunch of big kids & they wear big pads.  Said they look like a Junior College team.  Made Kilgore look small.  The intimidation factor.  Evidently they had a QB of questionable talent and enthusiasm.  After the 3 District losses they brought up their current QB. Haven’t lost since.  Vidor needs to get on top of these folks in a hurry.  I suspect they may fold under pressure.  Problem is, getting them there.