Interest drastically down statewide as West Orange-Stark enters bye week

Majestyk

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

Thank You guys ya'll know I can handle it, I don't knock nobody for supporting their school. I be darn if somebody tells  me how to support mine.

I don't recall telling you how to support your program.  Maybe something was lost in interpretation somewhere.  I simply asked what "on top" meant to you.  You were the one that fired back with a "figure it out." 

I figured you out.  And the entire WOS fanbase.  If you guys get excited about and are content with winning a terribly weak district every year and then losing a few rounds into the playoffs ever year, more power to you. You will rarely be disappointed.  It's a solid strategy!

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Knocking a team has won four state titles is pretty lame. 

Yes, in comparison with Carthage they are not as elite. But the vast majority of teams in the state would love to have WOS success.

Agreed. But does his argument have any teeth? Maybe… Look, I’m a freakin Dallas Cowboys fan. They are still America’s Team, no matter what, in my eyes. But still… The Cowboys haven’t won a Super Bowl in a long time. The program or franchise deserves respect, but the current team should have to stand on its own merit. Same as the Stangs or any other team in the area. The biggest way to shut someone up is with results. No disrespect, just facts. 

11 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Knocking a team has won four state titles is pretty lame. 

Yes, in comparison with Carthage they are not as elite. But the vast majority of teams in the state would love to have WOS success.

Thank you sir. Sounded like the legendary Wosgrad. His words are missed by our fanbase here for sure.

2 hours ago, HikeMoncho said:

Oh look, it's the select few.  Took you long enough, your Majesty.  

WOS people love to tout the record of their program and about how many program wins there are but I see only 4 state titles.  So it sounds like an awful lot of wins when it didn't matter and an awful lot of choking (also an indictment on the weak opponents played, and I know that some of that can only be helped so much depending on where you are geographically).  But I suppose that is something to feel awesome about when you don't have as high standards as others.  Probably a happier, more content life for most people when their benchmark for excellence is much lower than to be the best.  You don't have to succeed near as much or often and just tell yourself and others like you how awesome things are and how great you are.  

I don't intend to hurt anyone's feeling and haven't talked to you in awhile, so it's good to know that I didn't hurt yours. I'm just being REAL about what a few of you can't be real about. I know their are several on this forum that roll their eyes at the way some of you post. 

Ask anyone who has ever played and/or coached the sport and I'd be willing to bet anything that most would rather win more titles more often than have a winning percentage built beating up on the "slabs" (dumb word, but you seem to like it so I'll help you out by using it) which WOS has built a namesake on.    

Hike Moncho has never been in over his head a day in his life.  There is nothing you nor anyone could ever throw at me, especially not the corny, weak, incredibly soft "jokes" that you attempt to make, that could make me feel that way. 

First of all yes, your are in over your head Hauncho...oops sorry got you mixed up with that spatula head on another site everyones laughing about. Name is similar to yours, Mike Hauncho or Haunches something like that. Anyway yes it took me a while to get back, been going door to door in West Orange telling folk I found out WOS is no good never been any good and never beat anybody good and they said "dang it Archie we didn't realize, oh well it was fun while it lasted".  It's not our fault you are who you are, live where you live.  Blame somebody else or fix it.  We've been back and forth at one another for only a short time but you remind me so much of a young troll I had in one of my karate classes a few years back...insecure, spatula headed, irrelevant, .but we got him through it and he's doing great today, very successful. What I mean is when you're in that huge Carthage trophy warehouse looking in the mirror and getting nauseous remember there is hope. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Agreed. But does his argument have any teeth? Maybe… Look, I’m a freakin Dallas Cowboys fan. They are still America’s Team, no matter what, in my eyes. But still… The Cowboys haven’t won a Super Bowl in a long time. The program or franchise deserves respect, but the current team should have to stand on its own merit. Same as the Stangs or any other team in the area. The biggest way to shut someone up is with results. No disrespect, just facts. 

Dallas hasn't been to the game in 27 years or so.Wos after going to 4 straight Championships (but they played weak teams) hasn't got there in 3 that's three years. Dang you're right that is bad. Need to find an argument with teeth I guess.

Easy come, easy go. What we have built has been "Near the top" for 40 years. Carthage is now a beast that hasn't been seen here in texas, ever. But like I say, soon this to shall pass. I just dont see your coach staying for another 20 years and retiring as the undisputed GOAT in TX HS FB history. I can only hope that the tradition he is making will stand the test of time. The same can be said of our program as well. Makes me wonder how long it would take for the next highest win % team to over take us. Worst case scenario if we were to become the next La Marque. I need to do some arithmetic to figure than one out. To be continued...

34 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

Dallas hasn't been to the game in 27 years or so.Wos after going to 4 straight Championships (but they played weak teams) hasn't got there in 3 that's three years. Dang you're right that is bad. Need to find an argument with teeth I guess.

I was reinforcing your argument, but you talking like a man with a wooden neck. Just like Cowboys fans (me), WOS fans are the same. Up or down, they’re still your team. It’s kinda like someone pickin on your little brother. If you do it, it’s ok, but if someone outside the family does it, they better look out. Stick with me hoss, I’d rather light a candle than to curse your darkness. You gonna be ok. 

5 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I was reinforcing your argument, but you talking like a man with a wooden neck. Just like Cowboys fans (me), WOS fans are the same. Up or down, they’re still your team. It’s kinda like someone pickin on your little brother. If you do it, it’s ok, but if someone outside the family does it, they better look out. Stick with me hoss, I’d rather light a candle than to curse your darkness. You gonna be ok. 

Sorry you're right.  I've been punching and counter punching with this blockhead all day. Need to ramp it down. But, a man like me has to be ready at all times. Wooden neck that's pretty good, where did you get that one?

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Easy come, easy go. What we have built has been "Near the top" for 40 years. Carthage is now a beast that hasn't been seen here in texas, ever. But like I say, soon this to shall pass. I just dont see your coach staying for another 20 years and retiring as the undisputed GOAT in TX HS FB history. I can only hope that the tradition he is making will stand the test of time. The same can be said of our program as well. Makes me wonder how long it would take for the next highest win % team to over take us. Worst case scenario if we were to become the next La Marque. I need to do some arithmetic to figure than one out. To be continued...

In bold: I'm 100% sure that'll never happen unless we get hit with multiple Cat-4 and/or Cat-5 hurricanes within a small timeframe.

LM was a victim of the nearby suburbs along with their internal ISD issues, that's why their football program is meh. Yall don't have that problem.

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

In bold: I'm 100% sure that'll never happen unless we get hit with multiple Cat-4 and/or Cat-5 hurricanes within a small timeframe.

LM was a victim of the nearby suburbs along with their internal ISD issues, that's why their football program is meh. Yall don't have that problem.

Idk with LCM trying to take all their players, who knows. I’m just now realizing that WOS was built to emulate the Dallas Cowboys. Same colors, same concept, same players, same fans… it all makes sense to me now.