SILSBEE 20 WEST ORANGE-STARK 45/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

Congrats WOS on the win. Twenty points was about what I expected from our offence, especially with Dodd hurt. When you play a defense like WOS you got to keep grinding over and over and not give up. Plays will work but few and far between and when they do, you got to capitalize on them. Your mistakes, penalties and turnovers, have to be at a minimum if not at all. The defense looked like they where running in water tonight, just a step behind. Their RBs were hard to get a hold of and harder to bring down, when you did get a hand on them you got to make it count. You can be shown how to tackle till your sick of it, but if your mind set is just in the form and not punishment then your going to miss tackles. You got to have a little craziness in you to want to exact pain on someone when you play defense. That is something a coach can not teach. Live and learn, on to the next game. Good luck WOS. TigerNation!!!    

6 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Silsbee has to much talent not to play better 

They have too much talent for them to not Coach better. No adjustments were made. Know your players and trust that. Any Silsbee thread is hyped up about certain players. Those players didn’t do much and the thread go cold. Where are the stats, the recognition of those who did play well as been stated in every game before this one. 

7 hours ago, Mballler#1 said:

Correction 

WO-S vs La Marque

Orangefield vs Brookshire Royal

Silsbee vs Sealy

Liberty or H F vs Bellville

as of tonight this is what it would be in the First Round with the second place team winner facing Carthage in the second round.

lol sry didn’t see this

6 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

I have a Complaint!  Why is it that Texanlive has such poor service at times during the game? The buffering got on my nerves. I would like to see my band and the other teams band preform at halftime too. I have a niece she is on the Filly's squad and, I would like to see her preform. Texanlive do better!

It's always been hit and miss with Texan live.It is very aggravating.

2 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Defense played great.Offense was the gales show.One dimensional.You not going far in the playoffs with that. Still time for improvement with the new qb. 

We might need to try to give #14,#18 more reps. The kid keshon done gud managing the team.but I don't he can see up the field or have very gud QB presents.he is just a sophomore.but I think the other 2 kids throws better.

WOS defense needs some improvement, protecting the middle and, stopping the quick slant passes. #22 did a great job last night running the ball along with Gales. I see improvement with the young QB. I like his foot work and scrambling ability.  He can get away from pressure from the defense well at times. He needs a few more games to see how really, he can take his team to the next level.

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

I have a Complaint!  Why is it that Texanlive has such poor service at times during the game? The buffering got on my nerves. I would like to see my band and the other teams band preform at halftime too. I have a niece she is on the Filly's squad and, I would like to see her preform. Texanlive do better!

They are only going to be as good as the internet connection they have at the stadium.  Sheffield is having the same issues for the Nederland games.

Is #2 Martin for Silsbee the younger brother of Chris Martin from a few years back? He had a heck of a TD run of like 33 yards. He has good speed on the outside. Silsbee should get him involved with Dodd. Seems like Dodd has been banged up the last 3 games. Maybe he needs to rest that ankle for a game to get back to 100%. 

2 hours ago, KB24 said:

They have too much talent for them to not Coach better. No adjustments were made. Know your players and trust that. Any Silsbee thread is hyped up about certain players. Those players didn’t do much and the thread go cold. Where are the stats, the recognition of those who did play well as been stated in every game before this one. 

I apologize for not having the complete game stats ready instantly.  Our normal stats person was out last night and it can be tough to do the play by play and keep accurate stats. 

I appreciate the patience and understanding.

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

TexanLive is not allowed to broadcast halftime activities live.  Something to do with copyright issues.

We do leave the crowd mic on during the home team activities at half.

Hope that helps.

8 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Is #2 Martin for Silsbee the younger brother of Chris Martin from a few years back? He had a heck of a TD run of like 33 yards. He has good speed on the outside. Silsbee should get him involved with Dodd. Seems like Dodd has been banged up the last 3 games. Maybe he needs to rest that ankle for a game to get back to 100%. 

K Matin is the cousin to Chris Martin. He has more in him than what’s being seen. The kid has talent, they are not utilizing him enough on offense.  He very well could have had more yards and TD if they would have kept running him. Dodd shouldn’t be trying to play on that ankle. He injured it in the orangefield game and reinjured in the liberty game. 

According to the Orange Leader, Martin had 61 yards on 14 carries. Brisbane was 11 of 24 passing, for 151 yards.

From the Leader:

Brisbane finished 11-of-24 for 151 yards. The Tigers had 210 yards passing as receiver Drelon Miller had a 59-yard option pass to Geremiah Jackson. The Tigers struggled on the ground, finishing with just 73 yards on 33 carries. Jackson had three catches for 79 yards and Miller had four grabs for 68 yards. Tiger tailback Kevin Martin finished with 61 yards on 14 totes.

This is the hidden content, please

I pay the $9.99 a year for the NHFS Network and thats were i watch the games. It has major issues when the feeds are from Texanlive. Froze for most of the 2nd qtr last night. I always prefer to listen to SETXSPORTS and those guys did a great job as always. Aggie, are you going to do any games this year? Basketball?

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I pay the $9.99 a year for the NHFS Network and thats were i watch the games. It has major issues when the feeds are from Texanlive. Froze for most of the 2nd qtr last night. I always prefer to listen to SETXSPORTS and those guys did a great job as always. Aggie, are you going to do any games this year? Basketball?

I'm currently doing East Chambers football broadcasts.

Will be doing basketball. Probably a game of the week but then will do Silsbee playoff games and possibly other playoff games.

9 hours ago, Mballler#1 said:

Correction 

WO-S vs La Marque

Orangefield vs Brookshire Royal

Silsbee vs Sealy

Liberty or H F vs Bellville

as of tonight this is what it would be in the First Round with the second place team winner facing Carthage in the second round.

This is in accurate. As of last nights game. Silsbee is not in playoff position. They are #5 in their district. 

35 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

TexanLive is not allowed to broadcast halftime activities live.  Something to do with copyright issues.

We do leave the crowd mic on during the home team activities at half.

Hope that helps.

Not sure that's correct. I've seen the halftime show on many other games in the past. I actually switched over to watch LCM band during our halftime last night. Splain that...

8 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Not sure that's correct. I've seen the halftime show on many other games in the past. I actually switched over to watch LCM band during our halftime last night. Splain that...

I'm just going off what I was told.  I asked specifically so i can't answer that with absolute authority.  I have asked two different camera personnel.  TexanLive patches our audio into their feed so I don't have control over the video.

It may be different for some bigger schools and every school is carried under same restrictions.

Hope that helps.