LCM at Huffman Hargrave

BattlinBear02

Who wins?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• LCM
    • HH

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Pretty sure Coach Mac at Huffman was never expecting a cakewalk.

Well LCM was 1-7 last year, so most of us didn’t expect them to turn it around so fast.  Coach Peevey has done wonders there.  Maybe Coach Mac knew it would happen but I doubt the players and fans expected it.  Imo, they’re the surprise of the District.

18 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Well LCM was 1-7 last year, so most of us didn’t expect them to turn it around so fast.  Coach Peevey has done wonders there.  Maybe Coach Mac knew it would happen but I doubt the players and fans expected it.  Imo, they’re the surprise of the District.

Last year was last year. Pretty sure Huffman is looking at what LC-M is doing this year.

But, last year's game between the two was a 14-10 win for Huffman. Certainly no cakewalk.

26 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Last year was last year. Pretty sure Huffman is looking at what LC-M is doing this year.

But, last year's game between the two was a 14-10 win for Huffman. Certainly no cakewalk.

Yep, the Bears almost snuck up on them.  No sneaking up this year.  Expect LCM to make it tough but HH always seem fundamentally sound.  They’re rarely great but make few mistakes.  Solid football team.

I’m biased. I’m trying hard not to be.

Last years HH offense was not as productive as this years.  The starting center was out and the backup was a senior that was undersized but did a good job. The defense went after him (as they should) and made it tough. Some healing after the bye week will help but if the offense can do what they do, they can score enough to win.

The Huffman defense will need to tackle well. The LCM offense has playmakers in the run and short pass game that get yards. HH has the defensive speed and they are rarely out of position. The long game is just not there for LCM but the secondary for HH is playing lights out so that may not matter.

If both teams play to their strengths, this game favors HH. I like both head coaches so I would be willing to bet they both might have a couple tricks up their sleeves. 

updating my worthless score prediction. 
28-20 Huffman.

if the weather is rainy, it’s a toss up in my opinion. 

Pickums, 13, now at:

HH - 8

LCM - 5

Still early.  Last week in the Jasper vs LCM game, Jasper had the lead in Pickums until last day when LCM surged late (correctly I might add).  Will update thru the week because District wise, this is “The Game”.

LCM has a new coach that has his team showing improvement week after week and this trend will continue. He has made vast improvements in a short amount of time . All these other teams in district have the same coaches and schemes they have had forever , they've advanced their systems to it's pinnacle a long long time ago. LCM will continue to improve and will end up running this district eventually. LCM fans, your day has come Congratulations. Enjoy It

23 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

LCM has a new coach that has his team showing improvement week after week and this trend will continue. He has made vast improvements in a short amount of time . All these other teams in district have the same coaches and schemes they have had forever , they've advanced their systems to it's pinnacle a long long time ago. LCM will continue to improve and will end up running this district eventually. LCM fans, your day has come Congratulations. Enjoy It

I agree, if they can keep him.  The rare times schools, like the ones in our District, get a really good Coach, usually they end up going to a bigger school willing and able to pay more money (can’t blame them).  Good luck to the Bears Friday.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I agree, if they can keep him.  The rare times schools, like the ones in our District, get a really good Coach, usually they end up going to a bigger school willing and able to pay more money (can’t blame them).  Good luck to the Bears Friday.

They are paying him 6a salary from what I understand. I’m not talking about Beaumont Wb either 

47 minutes ago, FALCONS2026 said:

I'll pick Huffman, but they are REALLY banged up right now. I'm not talking a little injury here or there, but tons of starters missing (like 11). 

Holy Moly, first I’ve heard of that.  If they have that many starters missing, LCM should win.