12-5A D2 Predictions

Cougtalk

1 hour ago, Steven Avery said:

You also played them at home vs BH playing at PAM where not many calls went their way. Even with that, had the kid not fumbled on the 9 BH would have been up 7 with less than 5 minutes to go. The score is totally misleading. 

Same could be said for when PAM was driving and had the tipped int inside BH’s 10 yard line. The score was misleading in the sense that BH didn’t get blown out like that the whole game but it was right in the sense that they played bad at the end of it. Same issues Holdren showed at the end of the game were the same ones that plagued him last year. I do think the matchup with Crosby will be particularly tough for BH this year with the way we’ve been able to play run defense. 

3 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Fantastic when?😀 whatcha think about the district? You guys repeating or what?

Oct 22nd.  The district will be competitive between the top 5 teams but I don’t think anyone in this district is going past the 2nd or 3rd round depending on the draw.

4 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Fantastic when?😀 whatcha think about the district? You guys repeating or what?

Barbers Hill fans are sometimes arrogant until mid season when they get humbled by these lowly Mid-County teams.  

I think Crosby is the team to beat.  Nederland, BH, PNG, TC are all just about equal.  Its a toss up.  

20 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

Barbers Hill fans are sometimes arrogant until mid season when they get humbled by these lowly Mid-County teams.  

I think Crosby is the team to beat.  Nederland, BH, PNG, TC are all just about equal.  Its a toss up.  

LOL Neds only win against BH was last year on a last minute 80 yard pass. PNG has had our number , but not lately. 

edit forgot Ned did beat us one before

9 hours ago, dme1111 said:

I looked back as far as I could.  Barbers Hill 3 Nederland 2 since 2003.  Pretty close. 

Yeah I know the two loses we’re within 7 points, not sure of the wins. Same with PNG , but I think the 1st time we have beat them was 2 years ago! 

Well that was then this is now. I was honestly just trying to pull Mid county in to see what their perspective is for this year. I’m getting the since that y’all think your down this year.

13 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Oct 22nd.  The district will be competitive between the top 5 teams but I don’t think anyone in this district is going past the 2nd or 3rd round depending on the draw.

This isn't a stretch. It's likely our division winner plays FB-Marshall in Round 3. 

Our #2 is going to get thrashed by A&M Consolidated or Huntsville in the 3rd. 

So I think we get one team into the third round and any other team will need to beat either FB Marshall, A&M Consolidated or Huntsville to make the 3rd round. 

R3 is stacked. 

7 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

This isn't a stretch. It's likely our division winner plays FB-Marshall in Round 3. 

Our #2 is going to get thrashed by A&M Consolidated or Huntsville in the 3rd. 

So I think we get one team into the third round and any other team will need to beat either FB Marshall, A&M Consolidated or Huntsville to make the 3rd round. 

R3 is stacked. 

"Is going to get thrashed???

And mighty Lake Travis went down in first round against Round Rock (presumably a 4 seed) last year. I don't think anyone should just give up because FBM, Huntsville, AMC or anyone else might be ahead. You might have that defeatist attitude but I know your district mates do not. We'll go ahead and play the games, if you don't mind. Thanks so much.     

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

"Is going to get thrashed???

And mighty Lake Travis went down in first round against Round Rock (presumably a 4 seed) last year. I don't think anyone should just give up because FBM, Huntsville, AMC or anyone else might be ahead. You might have that defeatist attitude but I know your district mates do not. We'll go ahead and play the games, if you don't mind. Thanks so much.     

They sure had that attitude last year. I can distinctly remember our district mates predicting Crosby would get killed in rounds 2-6, they just moved the prediction every week until they were eventually right. If we’re being honest, outside of when they play Crosby every other team in this district folds when they get on the field with a big time opponent. 

52 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

They sure had that attitude last year. I can distinctly remember our district mates predicting Crosby would get killed in rounds 2-6, they just moved the prediction every week until they were eventually right. If we’re being honest, outside of when they play Crosby every other team in this district folds when they get on the field with a big time opponent. 

Well, you can hold your breath all you want, but I know the rest of the district will not just give up in the playoffs and surrender like you suggest. We'll show up and play, and the chips will fall where they may.

As for you and Crosby, your arrogance (based on ONE good year) will be your undoing. Keep in mind, without the Baytown etc. players on your team, Crosby is NOTHING. 

24 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Well, you can hold your breath all you want, but I know the rest of the district will not just give up in the playoffs and surrender like you suggest. We'll show up and play, and the chips will fall where they may.

As for you and Crosby, your arrogance (based on ONE good year) will be your undoing. Keep in mind, without the Baytown etc. players on your team, Crosby is NOTHING. 

WTH does anybody’s “arrogance” on this site have to do with the Crosby football team or the coaches ?  By the way, someone said that last week too. And…..no players were brought up from the Baytown schools this year. 😁

26 minutes ago, CCRed said:

WTH does anybody’s “arrogance” on this site have to do with the Crosby football team or the coaches ?  By the way, someone said that last week too. And…..no players were brought up from the Baytown schools this year. 😁

The kids (and coaches) on any team feed off of a community support and influence. How many times have you heard of a "winning culture" etc.? Get it?  

Also, please don't try to spin "no Baytown kids this year brought up". Crosby has loaded up on them, and would not even be a shell of itself without Baytown. Reality. 

1 minute ago, Separation Scientist said:

The kids (and coaches) on any team feed off of a community support and influence. How many times have you heard of a "winning culture" etc.? Get it?  

Also, please don't try to spin "no Baytown kids this year brought up". Crosby has loaded up on them, and would not even be a shell of itself without Baytown. Reality. 

Someone’s feelings are hurt. But the truth is the truth. Ned folded in the playoffs. No way they beat Crosby and then get blown out by a mediocre Marshall team. And the Baytown kids that you speak of are from BST. Moved away and came back. Hell Baytown and BH still owe us for Brian Johnson and Charli Collier. 

1 minute ago, Separation Scientist said:

Yes, You and 14.2. You Crosby posters go ballistic and often write multiple, page long rants. No one else does.    

Not me. Lol. This group is cool for sh*t talking and some amateur game analysis thass it. At the end of the day its up to these young men (and women) we are raising to do their jobs. 

12 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Someone’s feelings are hurt. But the truth is the truth. Ned folded in the playoffs. No way they beat Crosby and then get blown out by a mediocre Marshall team. And the Baytown kids that you speak of are from BST. Moved away and came back. Hell Baytown and BH still owe us for Brian Johnson and Charli Collier. 

Crosby needed late game heroics and overtime to get as far as they did.  Sorry Crosby,  y’all won’t get to be Aledo’s doormat this year.

16 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

You’re right. The coaches sit down everyday at practice, have SETX story time, and read 14.2’s posts to the players so they will know what the expectation is of them. 🤦🏻‍♂️