12-5A D2 Predictions

Cougtalk

2 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Someone’s feelings are hurt. But the truth is the truth. Ned folded in the playoffs. No way they beat Crosby and then get blown out by a mediocre Marshall team. And the Baytown kids that you speak of are from BST. Moved away and came back. Hell Baytown and BH still owe us for Brian Johnson and Charli Collier. 

That’s what the funniest thing is to me. All the Baytown kids we’ve had are from Barrett Station. We’ve had one Baytown kid be a major contributor on a team that has made a deep run and now we’re dependent on them, lol. Some of these folks are hilarious.  

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

The kids (and coaches) on any team feed off of a community support and influence. How many times have you heard of a "winning culture" etc.? Get it?  

Also, please don't try to spin "no Baytown kids this year brought up". Crosby has loaded up on them, and would not even be a shell of itself without Baytown. Reality. 

Crosby has been to the playoffs 15 of the last 16 years. Donta Allen was a solid contributor for us before he got hurt in ‘14 and Branch was a beast last year. Those were the two main kids and those kids weren’t comparable to Haynes throwing for 4,000+ in a season, Walter rushing for 2,700+ Beck catching 100+ balls for 2,000+ yards, all which have been done in Crosby’s 16 year playoff stretch I’m talking about. It’s clear you have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to Crosby. 

2 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Crosby needed late game heroics and overtime to get as far as they did.  Sorry Crosby,  y’all won’t get to be Aledo’s doormat this year.

Hey man, we’re just happy an average team like Crosby could make it further than a sub-par team like Nederland. I remember you blowing that same hot air last year too. Region looks easier to me this year, I wouldn’t be so quick to run my mouth. 

2 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

This dude definitely hurt 😂😂👍🏾

You know he was sick after they got destroyed by FB Marshall and Crosby took them out in the regional final the next week. Made that DC look like the fluke it really was. That’s about the time he stopped responding last year. 

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You know he was sick after they got destroyed by FB Marshall and Crosby took them out in the regional final the next week. Made that DC look like the fluke it really was. That’s about the time he stopped responding last year. 

Still here.  Obviously you are still hurt that your perfect run through district was broken up by losing to a so-called “subpar “ team.😳

11 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Definitely a fluke. The stars lined up just right for em but it made that state run that more spectacular. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Coming in the underdogs every week. 

9 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Definitely a fluke. The stars lined up just right for em but it made that state run that more spectacular. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Coming in the underdogs every week. 

TBH I think Huntsville and Texas High really prepared us for FB Marshall. Nothing they did or could do surprised us and we knew how to beat big strong teams. 

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

TBH I think Huntsville and Texas High really prepared us for FB Marshall. Nothing they did or could do surprised us and we knew how to beat big strong teams. 

Marshall wasn’t that good. The only reason that game looked the way it did was because Dunn was injured at the start. Remember PNG nearly knocked them out in the first round. Ned just laid down for them the next round. 

8 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Marshall wasn’t that good. The only reason that game looked the way it did was because Dunn was injured at the start. Remember PNG nearly knocked them out in the first round. Ned just laid down for them the next round. 

I disagree. Had Marshall from Marshall not gotten himself tossed for being an idiot we very well may have lost that game. Kid was absolutely unguardable. 

10 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

I disagree. Had Marshall from Marshall not gotten himself tossed for being an idiot we very well may have lost that game. Kid was absolutely unguardable. 

I agree with that last part. But part of the reason they were ahead was because Dunn was immobile the first 3qtrs they started each drive with great field position. They should’ve blown us out. Those old Marshall teams from a couple years back would killed Crosby with that kind of field position. With a healthy Dunn and C. Marshall playing the entire game we still beat em. IMHO. 

On 9/17/2021 at 11:04 PM, rvbulldogs said:

Crosby is the best team in the district at this point. Hopefully everyone else can get it together.

If everyone gets it together there’s no reason we can’t get three teams in the third round this year. District champ has made the third round ever since they split the divisions. The questions are; can our runner-up beat Texas High and can our third place team beat the Huntsville vs Consol. winner? 

I’ll be biased and say Crosby is going to win the district but just looking at film and watching some games I like our district’s chances in a Ned vs Texas High matchup and a BH vs Huntsville/Consol. matchup this year. All three teams have things to clean up but I think the district is competitive enough this year that it’s going to force you to do so. Our 5th place finisher this year would probably be a playoff team in 75% of 5A-D2 districts.