Hagar

On 8/9/2021 at 11:39 AM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Scrimmages this week:

West Hardin @ Colmesneil

Grapeland @ Cushing

Lovelady @ Trinity

Alpha-Omega @ Mt. Enterprise

Tenaha/Kerens @ Joaquin

Could not find a current schedule with scrimmages included for West Sabine or Overton.........

Heard that Kerens had 21 out 9-12. That’s a shame. They had some solid teams not too terribly long ago 

I thought Crosby is about where they should be for having to replace a bunch of key guys. One thing for sure is that we have the QB spot nailed down, I actually think Myles is going to be an upgrade there as far at athleticism and playmaking ability goes. Still need to get some of the offensive and defensive skill positions locked down, mainly CB, but shouldn't be an issue with the kids I saw out there to choose from.

Overall I would say offense is ahead of the defense, which you would probably want the inverse of at this time of year, but the same can be said for last year and we turned out ok. Gap may have been really visible had the receivers caught the ball consistently. Looks like we're going to be very solid again in the front seven, secondary has to be able to hold up enough to get rewarded though. 

On a side note, I think we made a good hire with the new DC. He has some Jerry Stewart in him which I think has been missing since Coach Mann left for Cedar Hill and now ended up as the head coach for Lubbock Coronado. I thought we played an aggressive style of defense last year, seems like it may even be more along those lines this year? 

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I thought Crosby is about where they should be for having to replace a bunch of key guys. One thing for sure is that we have the QB spot nailed down, I actually think Myles is going to be an upgrade there as far at athleticism and playmaking ability goes. Still need to get some of the offensive and defensive skill positions locked down, mainly CB, but shouldn't be an issue with the kids I saw out there to choose from.

Overall I would say offense is ahead of the defense, which you would probably want the inverse of at this time of year, but the same can be said for last year and we turned out ok. Gap may have been really visible had the receivers caught the ball consistently. Looks like we're going to be very solid again in the front seven, secondary has to be able to hold up enough to get rewarded though. 

On a side note, I think we made a good hire with the new DC. He has some Jerry Stewart in him which I think has been missing since Coach Mann left for Cedar Hill and now ended up as the head coach for Lubbock Coronado. I thought we played an aggressive style of defense last year, seems like it may even be more along those lines this year? 

1st more athleticism at the QB spot than last year? Miles must be a stud and should be heavily recruited. 2nd who did y’all scrimmage, did Tampa Bay come around😀

8 hours ago, BHFAN said:

1st more athleticism at the QB spot than last year? Miles must be a stud and should be heavily recruited. 2nd who did y’all scrimmage, did Tampa Bay come around😀

Angleton I think. Myles is very Athletic  not sure if he has the decision making down yet but he's plenty quick. I would say he's quicker than Dunn maybe even faster. Biggest hit for  Crosby is the inexperienced O Line and no Reggie Branch. IMHO.

On 8/12/2021 at 10:02 PM, Silsbee92 said:

Livingston 2

Two Tds on TE releases

Silsbee 2

Dodd w/ 70 yd run / Straight Dive

Brisbane to Cartwright 70+ yd TD rec

Side Note:

Silsbee: Counted 5-6 Soph running w/ first team snaps.  Salty Sophomores. 

Livingston: Injured player w/ broken leg.  Keep the young man in your thoughts.

In the controlled scrimmage Livingston and Silsbee both scored 2 TD. Then these two teams played a half with a live clock. Silsbee out scored Livingston 14-0. Both Silsbee and Livingston had a TD called back. 

19 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Dunn was a lot like Cotton in the sense that he was a great game manager who took care of the ball and could make the needed plays with his legs. Myles is closer to the Merka, Walter and Howard type athleticism levels. Doesn't mean he'll be heavily recruited though. It was an intra-squad scrimmage, Crosby only gets one scrimmage against an opponent because we did Spring ball.