Reparations 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

5GallonBucket

33 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Black men are 5x more likely to be arrested than whites when committing the same crime, so it makes it seem like we are committing more criminal acts.

This is the hidden content, please

You added “when committing the same crimes”. Never in your article do they make such a statement. You don’t even read your own article. How can you be taken seriously. If reparations are granted, will black people stop committing crimes?

46 minutes ago, baddog said:

You added “when committing the same crimes”. Never in your article do they make such a statement. You don’t even read your own article. How can you be taken seriously. If reparations are granted, will black people stop committing crimes?

Read the title of the article

19 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Read the title of the article

Read it already, including the article itself. It never says “when committing the same crime”. Since math is now considered racist and you are attempting to use it in your favor, maybe I could sort it out for you. Could it be that blacks are arrested 5-1 due to committing 5 times the crimes? It’s simple multiplication. 

6 hours ago, Big girl said:

Black men are 5x more likely to be arrested than whites when committing the same crime, so it makes it seem like we are committing more criminal acts.

This is the hidden content, please

You’re just plainly wrong. The article you posted (which is based on being pro-criminal Justice reform) keeps pointing at different) rates of incarceration and arrest between the races as “proof” of racism. It’s not. 

As I stated earlier… the fact is that black people (13% of the population) commit 50% of all murders in the U.S.  This articles implies that since more black people are arrested and incarcerated for “the same crime,” (murder) the system is racist. That is a complete twisting of the truth into an outright lie.

You keep pointing to the fact that more black are arrested/jailed for committing “the same crime” without admitting that black men are committing many, many more of those crimes than others. 

I’ll happily admit that some punishments more harshly affected the black community. Crack cocaine possession (typically blacks were charged in the 90s) resulted in longer sentences than powder cocaine charges (typically whites were charged) for the same amount of the drug. That’s since been fixed. But harsher sentences DID exist and could be  considered a form of systemic racism in my opinion.  

5 hours ago, baddog said:

UT alum argues that if we made college free for black kids, they’d stop dropping out of high school and get college degrees. 

1 minute ago, baddog said:

It has to make sense and neither of these do. Reparations will do nothing but pad the pockets of the undeserving.

Lol. You are an uneducated disenfranchised white man, so you blame your failures on black people. O never said I wanted reparations, I asked why my ancestors did not receive reparations.

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

You dont want to accept the truth. White people drop out of school, as well. Do you have a college degree?

Yes, ma’am. BBA ‘98.  

Why are you so willing to point out discrepancies between the rates of incarceration as a bad thing, but then gloss over discrepancies between the races on dropout rates with “white people drop out, too.” Anytime somebody talks about systemic racism, they are talking about an insignificant problem after glossing over the fact that most of the problems facing the black community are self-inflicted… it just feels better to blame them on Whitey.

11 hours ago, Big girl said:

Lol. You are an uneducated disenfranchised white man, so you blame your failures on black people. O never said I wanted reparations, I asked why my ancestors did not receive reparations.

I wear big boy pants and accept responsibility for my own failures. Blacks could use a dose of that. Instead, they have so-called educated people, such as yourself, who have attained all their worldly status symbols indicating that you “made it”, and in place of mentoring those who are struggling with “making it”, you beat the tom-tom of oppression. You are a traitor to your own race.

11 hours ago, Big girl said:

What about the descendants of white people who lost their lives fighting to free your ancestors? Should they receive reparations, too?

What about the people who legally purchased and bred slaves, only to have them freed without compensation? Should those families receive reparations? What about the people whose property and fortunes were destroyed in the war to free the slaves… shouldn’t you be obligated to make their descendants whole today?

Reparations are a good idea only to the simple minded and those who want the votes of the simple minded. 

The problem with reparations is this… the federal government can’t give anything to anybody without first taking it from someone else.  So what you are really arguing is that your neighbors deserve to have things taken from them and given to you… that you never earned and therefore don’t deserve.   And if your neighbor doesn’t agree with you, it’s because he’s  white, uneducated, and disenfranchised. 

You’ve been lied lied to your whole life. Nobody owes any of us anything… never has, never will.

56 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

What about the descendants of white people who lost their lives fighting to free your ancestors? Should they receive reparations, too?

What about the people who legally purchased and bred slaves, only to have them freed without compensation? Should those families receive reparations? What about the people whose property and fortunes were destroyed in the war to free the slaves… shouldn’t you be obligated to make their descendants whole today?

Reparations are a good idea only to the simple minded and those who want the votes of the simple minded. 

The problem with reparations is this… the federal government can’t give anything to anybody without first taking it from someone else.  So what you are really arguing is that your neighbors deserve to have things taken from them and given to you… that you never earned and therefore don’t deserve.   And if your neighbor doesn’t agree with you, it’s because he’s  white, uneducated, and disenfranchised. 

You’ve been lied lied to your whole life. Nobody owes any of us anything… never has, never will.

^This

I taught in inner city Beaumont for 15 years.  Students had to be low socioeconomic to qualify for school.  I’ve had several parents of students friend me on Facebook over the years, and every spring they’re posting about their tax returns of thousands of dollars (like $10k).  I’ve even seen advertisements from tax services around town guaranteeing these giant returns.  Most of them don’t work, or if they do it’s part time for minimum wage.  Yet somehow they’re getting much larger tax returns than people working full time, well-paying jobs.  Is that not reparations?  One thing is for sure, they’re not using the money to better their situations.  How much money would it take to make a difference?  How many people would even use the money responsibly if they got it?  Free housing, free phones, free insurance, free food.  Sounds like reparations to me.  And working more hours and getting better jobs disqualifies you from getting these freebies.  if anything, the reparations already being handed out are discouraging African Americans from bettering themselves.  

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I taught in inner city Beaumont for 15 years.  Students had to be low socioeconomic to qualify for school.  I’ve had several parents of students friend me on Facebook over the years, and every spring they’re posting about their tax returns of thousands of dollars (like $10k).  I’ve even seen advertisements from tax services around town guaranteeing these giant returns.  Most of them don’t work, or if they do it’s part time for minimum wage.  Yet somehow they’re getting much larger tax returns than people working full time, well-paying jobs.  Is that not reparations?  One thing is for sure, they’re not using the money to better their situations.  How much money would it take to make a difference?  How many people would even use the money responsibly if they got it?  Free housing, free phones, free insurance, free food.  Sounds like reparations to me.  And working more hours and getting better jobs disqualifies you from getting these freebies.  if anything, the reparations already being handed out are discouraging African Americans from bettering themselves.  

You do realize that there are more handouts given to white people. What is their excuse? They weren't slaves nor were their neighborhoods bombed. They also didnt have to live through Jim Crow laws.

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Again, I didnt say I wanted reparations. I asked why my ancestors didnt receive reparations after being enslaved. The government allowed slavery.

16 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

You’re just plainly wrong. The article you posted (which is based on being pro-criminal Justice reform) keeps pointing at different) rates of incarceration and arrest between the races as “proof” of racism. It’s not. 

As I stated earlier… the fact is that black people (13% of the population) commit 50% of all murders in the U.S.  This articles implies that since more black people are arrested and incarcerated for “the same crime,” (murder) the system is racist. That is a complete twisting of the truth into an outright lie.

You keep pointing to the fact that more black are arrested/jailed for committing “the same crime” without admitting that black men are committing many, many more of those crimes than others. 

I’ll happily admit that some punishments more harshly affected the black community. Crack cocaine possession (typically blacks were charged in the 90s) resulted in longer sentences than powder cocaine charges (typically whites were charged) for the same amount of the drug. That’s since been fixed. But harsher sentences DID exist and could be  considered a form of systemic racism in my opinion.  

We will never know the true percentage of whites that commit crimes because they are not arrested at the same rates as blacks. One advantage of white privilege.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

You do realize that there are more handouts given to white people. What is their excuse? They weren't slaves nor were their neighborhoods bombed. They also didnt have to live through Jim Crow laws.

That’s because there are 5x as many white people.  Percentage wise, who gets more?  That said, white people getting handouts don’t have any reason to better themselves either, but they’re not blaming Jim Crow laws and slavery for their not wanting to work in lieu of suckling on the government tit.

We will never know the true percentage of whites that commit crimes because they are not arrested at the same rates as blacks. One advantage of white privilege.

Nonsense.  They’re not committing crimes at the same rates.  No police officer is going “well, he murdered him, but he’s white.  Let’s just let him off with a warning.”

That’s an opinion based on zero evidence. “We don’t know how much crime white people commit because they aren’t arrested as often as black people.”

Can you at least admit that more than half of the people murdered each year in the US are black, and 93% of them are killed by other black people?

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

That’s because there are 5x as many white people.  Percentage wise, who gets more?  That said, white people getting handouts don’t have any reason to better themselves either, but they’re not blaming Jim Crow laws and slavery for their not wanting to work in lieu of suckling on the government tit.

She’s trying that racist math again.