Reparations 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

5GallonBucket

3 hours ago, tvc184 said:

What you call manipulation I call reality. 

I didn’t address individual topics and only drew the conclusion that if you want to use population percentages, it should always be used and not cherry picked for convenience. You might note that I never addressed any issues as to police shootings, welfare, etc. 

My only point was that it is disingenuous to cite racial percentages in one issue and completely disregard in another if it doesn’t fit a narrative. You must have a different definition of manipulation.

But, your response doesn’t surprise me.  If you can’t find a valid response, accuse the other person of manipulating. 😂

I think that’s what I find so frustrating about these exchanges. I WANT to see the  black community rise up… it’s no secret that they’re lagging behind most other groups, but that community (and some of their more ardent supporters, like UT) are determined to focus on the very real, yet painfully insignificant causes (oppression and systemic racism) rather than focus on the real problems that are holding them back.

Which is a bigger concern… that young black men (6% of the population) commit 50% of all murders? Nope… they focus on the half dozen or so per year that are killed by the police. Who cares if they somehow managed to eradicate 100% of all police shootings? Instead of 7400 black murder victims each year, you’d only have 7394 black people murdered per year. That’s the change they’re all fighting for?

Like I keep saying…. Y’all are worried about the wrong sh…..crap. 

I couldn’t help it… just saw this on the tiktok and it fits the conversation. 

If a white person:

Moves out-white flight

Moves in-gentrification

Sees color-racist

Doesn’t see color-ignoring racism

Doesn’t partake in culture- he’s non-inclusive

Engages in culture- cultural appropriation   

It made me laugh because it’s true. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I couldn’t help it… just saw this on the tiktok and it fits the conversation. 

If a white person:

Moves out-white flight

Moves in-gentrification

Sees color-racist

Doesn’t see color-ignoring racism

Doesn’t partake in culture- he’s non-inclusive

Engages in culture- cultural appropriation   

It made me laugh because it’s true. 

True…Lol, that reminds me of this video.

1 hour ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

This is too good! Outside a poster or 2 the election deniers are teaching slavery... got to love it

Some truths in these posts but a bunch of BS and yall know who yall are.. 

The great escape of our times is escape from personal responsibility for the consequences of one’s own behavior.

~ Thomas Sowell 

28 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

The great escape of our times is escape from personal responsibility for the consequences of one’s own behavior.

~ Thomas Sowell 

This is the hidden content, please

Language ⚠️ 

Dudes the only go to the rights have when talking about blacks... he don't speak for all us blacks...

And never have I posted on here bout being offended or wanting reparations or anything.. I read on here and Nothing more, yalls opinions is yalls... no one is convinced by either sides argument.. carry on

50 minutes ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

Language ⚠️ 

Dudes the only go to the rights have when talking about blacks... he don't speak for all us blacks...

And never have I posted on here bout being offended or wanting reparations or anything.. I read on here and Nothing more, yalls opinions is yalls... no one is convinced by either sides argument.. carry on

I just happened to think he was one of the great conservative free thinkers of our time along with William Buckley an many others. Sorry it triggered your emotions 😂 Carry on. 

2 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Has anyone asked how paying reparations now will change the future?  It was, no doubt, a dark time in American history, but giving people money now will change absolutely nothing.  It’s all about the vote!

Slave to the dollar bill 

shows the true character of people who want money for doing nothing.

On 12/28/2022 at 10:47 PM, CardinalBacker said:

I think that’s what I find so frustrating about these exchanges. I WANT to see the  black community rise up… it’s no secret that they’re lagging behind most other groups, but that community (and some of their more ardent supporters, like UT) are determined to focus on the very real, yet painfully insignificant causes (oppression and systemic racism) rather than focus on the real problems that are holding them back.

Which is a bigger concern… that young black men (6% of the population) commit 50% of all murders? Nope… they focus on the half dozen or so per year that are killed by the police. Who cares if they somehow managed to eradicate 100% of all police shootings? Instead of 7400 black murder victims each year, you’d only have 7394 black people murdered per year. That’s the change they’re all fighting for?

Like I keep saying…. Y’all are worried about the wrong sh…..crap. 

What is your source regarding the 50%? Also, what percentage of crimes are committed by white people

On 12/28/2022 at 1:01 PM, CardinalBacker said:

It’s proven that young black men get into more violent confrontations than anyone else… just check the number of blacks murdered every year. 

So why are you surprised that they get into more violent confrontations with the cops, too?

it’s not that hard to understand if you can let go of your biases. 

More whites are murdered