Reparations 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

5GallonBucket

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Who started it? A black guy stepped on a white girl's shoe in an elevator, subsequently, he was arrested. That is what started it.

Black Wall Street did, eventually, rise from the ashes and Greenwood enjoyed another heyday in the 1940s, but 

This is the hidden content, please
 in the 1960s and the 1970s led to new declines the neighborhood was unable to fully overcome, Johnson said. The setback has only compounded since then as Tulsa remains largely segregated and riddled with racial disparities.

Source:  

This is the hidden content, please

So let me get this straight... the neighborhood bounced back from 1921, was prosperous, then fell apart again in the 1960s and 1970s like a lot of communities... but it's still the blame of the Tulsa "Massacre?"  Get out of here.  

6 minutes ago, UT alum said:

40 acres and a mule were promised in General Sherman’s Special Field Order No. 15 issued Jan.15, 1865. It encompassed some 400,000 coastal acres from So. Carolina to Florida. President Johnson overruled it, and it never happened. An attempt was made for some sort of reparations in that case, but the white man did as he always had as respects treatises or or promises made with parties possessing inferior bargaining power.

Who is general sherman?  Please point me to any sort of legal reasoning that would support some random dude from the Military's opinion as law, lol.    

2 hours ago, Unwoke said:

It doesn’t matter if they didn’t see slaves as men. The fact is the US Constitution says ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. It didn’t say ALL Men but Not Black Men, It says ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. Period. Believe it or not back when the Constitution was written they knew what the definition of a man and woman was as opposed of today. Good Grief.

Just like John 3:16 says: For God so Loved the WORLD that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in should not perish, but have everlasting life.

No doubt slavery was a stain in American History but America did not invent slavery. It’s been around for thousands of years. I am glad it was abolished in America.

It’s a wound that a lot race hustlers like to keep picking at for financial gain instead of just letting it heal. 

Are you kidding, or are you ignorant?  Africans were chattel property. Know what that is? Livestock is chattel property, for one. That is a de facto claim that Africans were considered animal, not human. That renders your entire post false. Wake the puck up.

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Who is general sherman?  Please point me to any sort of legal reasoning that would support some random dude from the Military's opinion as law, lol.    

William Tecumsah Sherman? Led the march across Georgia to the sea? Are you serious? He wasn’t a random dude,and had the authority to issue the special field order. Congress could have backed him up, but didn’t.

20 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Are you kidding, or are you ignorant?  Africans were chattel property. Know what that is? Livestock is chattel property, for one. That is a de facto claim that Africans were considered animal, not human. That renders your entire post false. Wake the puck up.

How were slaves acquired? An who were they acquired from?

Please be specific UTI. 

I know the answer, I just want to hear you say it. It must suck if you say it truthfully. 

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

I asked a question. Can you answer it. I am sure I make more money than you so my hand is not out. This does not mean that systemic racism doesn't exist.

You never answer, so there. You make make money than me. Doesn’t that somehow disprove your racism point? I mean material possessions are much more important than character. You may have more money, but I am much richer than you will ever be. 
Now answer my question. 

23 minutes ago, UT alum said:

William Tecumsah Sherman? Led the march across Georgia to the sea? Are you serious? He wasn’t a random dude,and had the authority to issue the special field order. Congress could have backed him up, but didn’t.

So that’s your solution? Confiscate private land and give it to other people?

How has that worked in Africa? You know “repatriation without compensation?” I’ll give you a hint… famines. 

But seriously… black families owned property all over East Texas and abandoned it.  Why is the west side of Silsbee full of old home places that have been abandoned by their owners? Or any other city, for that matter… it’s just abandoned homesites everywhere. 

12 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

So that’s your solution? Confiscate private land and give it to other people?

How has that worked in Africa? You know “repatriation without compensation?” I’ll give you a hint… famines. 

But seriously… black families owned property all over East Texas and abandoned it.  Why is the west side of Silsbee full of old home places that have been abandoned by their owners? Or any other city, for that matter… it’s just abandoned homesites everywhere. 

No, not the solution today. I proposed free post-secondary education.

As for abandonment, with Kirby closure and railroad abandonment jobs left and so did people. I don’t think the west side real estate market is very solid, so abandonment may have been best option. That’s making a wild assumption that most residents owned their property to begin with. Watch The Banker on the Apple TV app.

37 minutes ago, baddog said:

You never answer, so there. You make make money than me. Doesn’t that somehow disprove your racism point? I mean material possessions are much more important than character. You may have more money, but I am much richer than you will ever be. 
Now answer my question. 

Talk about self righteous!

19 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Atonement for the sins of the fathers.

So, are descendants of native Americans, such as myself, deserving of reparations?  I have never thought I was owed anything from you or anyone else.  Maybe I need to crying suppression and oppression!  I’ll take some free money, but I will not vote Dem.  My vote, unlike others, can’t be bought.

1 minute ago, BS Wildcats said:

So, are descendants of native Americans, such as myself, deserving of reparations?  I have never thought I was owed anything from you or anyone else.  Maybe I need to crying suppression and oppression!  I’ll take some free money, but I will not vote Dem.  My vote, unlike others, can’t be bought.

Yes.

2 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

I would qualify for that if available, but no, thanks.